When SSD prices are crashing? I want to retire my HDD's. Atm I have 3x 1 TB samsung spinpoint f3's...

When SSD prices are crashing? I want to retire my HDD's. Atm I have 3x 1 TB samsung spinpoint f3's. I think I can manage with 1-2 TB of ssd's

Attached: ssd.png (720x752, 251K)

you already can get 500gb ssd's for just bit over $100
what are you expecting to happen

In Europe you can get 500 Gb samsung evo's for 85€.

Not till after christmas. Nobody's retarded enough to do it before then

SSD prices have been moving downwards for the past 7 years you lazy bum.

Soooooo, like exactly what said after converting the dollars to USD?

Yes but ther is still a premium on 1TB+ which is about to fall when new Intel storage tech releases.

Dollars seems worthless.

1tb ssd for that same price

the better question when the fuck are ram prices crashing

Coping euro detected

Thursday @ 4

They've dropped by about 25% in the past two or three months.

How do you know

wait for QLC SSDs
>inb4 w8 meme

going down big time rn Microcenter had a 480GB for $60

Never ever thanks to NPCs hogging all the memory chips with their stupid iPhones and Tablets that they just use to post duckfaces on Instagram and tweet about le evil PLUMPF! being literally Hitler all day.

They are already cheap as fuck. Memory manufacturers allocated most of their production towards flash instead of DDR4.

That's why flash media is dirt-cheap while DDR4 is pricey.

>When SSD prices are crashing?
never. lube up your ass goyim

Can I get a quick rundown on modern SSDs? Back when I bought mine (120 GB), Intel was good and the rest was bad because they used Sandforce (or something) controllers, but for the life of me I can't remember why those were bad.
I still see that Intel and Samsung are like 2x more expensive than the same capacity drives from Kingston or Sandisk, why?

I bought a 500gb evo 860 for 80 bucks last week user. You can get a 1tb adata for like 120 something

No idea but Samsung offers 5 years of warranty

Samsung has supposedly the best quality SSDs, is the fastest but only slightly faster than the cheap counterparts and so not really worth it. Modern SSD has matured, every brand is reliable, just get the cheapest shit.

never samsung and micron have halted plans to increase production

You can get for like 70€ if you don't want to pay Samsung tax.

High quality components and support
Am average samshit drive have 3D TLC, a well coded firmware and controller, a DRAM cache, years of warranty etc etc
Meanwhile an average kingston uses cheap TLC with no known source, no cache so the drive wears down even faster, shitty off the shelf controller and shorter warranty.
For instance, sandisk doesn't even list what's the type or brand of nand used in their SSD Plus line (because they know it's cheap chink shit), whereas the above average UD Pro from gigabyte lists '3D TLC Toshiba BiCS' inside.

> DRAM cache
You're a retard who doesnt know what PLP is or why its important

>with no known source
nigger, open it up, it has the source printed on it

Attached: Seagate 600 Pro.jpg (850x624, 192K)

You're so naive, it's almost sad.

found the sandisk shill
Even tom's hardware shits on those garbage
Buy a crucial or samsung like everyone else