Is this unironically the best language?

I took one class on this shit, that's all I know about programming. Is this unironically the best there is?

Attached: matlab.png (587x222, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mathworks.com/products/symbolic.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>I took one class

Python >>> Matlab

The only thing which no one else can do is simulink shit. It's a fucking great tool and generates pretty fucking fast code.
Apart from that anything that matlab does can be done with other tools. Still matlab is okay, but not (((the best)))

Can you do symbolic calculation in matlab?

It's good for its intended purpose. It's not good as a general use programming language.

mathworks.com/products/symbolic.html

Most I've done with it was to compute some analytic Jacobians for functions that were too complicated to do by hand.

It's the best language for most enterprise scientists and engineers. MATLAB has an enormous amount of built-in functionality that is reliable and saves engineering teams millions of dollars in work time.

congrats on coming out

Great. All the Python faggots are about to come out of the woodwork.

No.

No. Learn some other languages and then Matlab's limitations become apparent. It's a decent calculator and a shit general purpose language. Fine for quick prototyping and experimentation.

Array starts from 1.No.

based

Yeah simulink os the real treat here, otherwise you can get scilab and do everything matlab does but for free

not based

it's unstructured and I hate it

based and blue pilled

Yes, but maple is better for that.

Simscape and certified toolboxes are a huge plus too.

It's the worst language

How the hell do you create a function library? It's cancer

It can produce plots and histograms with ease, but the customization is shit (root is much much better), and they look like shit.

It's also very slow, and can't be parallelized....

Attached: 1494898462102.png (600x400, 124K)

not only does matlab have a parallel computing toolbox, during a parallelized loop workers can send computations to the gpu. You can also literally just do cuda through matlab

you mean mathematica right

Attached: Capture.png (516x904, 31K)

samefag retard

I used to hate all these meme languages until I was forced to port a bunch of old code into matlab/octave. Yeah, it's a piece of shit language, but fucking hell is it convenient. It's especially good for back of the envelope vector calculations and visualisation, so you can decide whether or not to spend the time and effort in building the real thing in an actual programming language.

These posts overall get the point, OP. Matlab is a shit-tier, unimaginably garbage language when it comes to trying to make something yourself that isn't covered by some built-in library or function (hint, 99% of anything useful you will ever program won't be covered by some automated function someone else made), or even just something unconventional and cool. That said, it's built for engineers and practical scientists and all they need is those built-in functions over and over again.

I'd recommend you take even one class to learn a real language allowing actual free expression, like Python, but everyone else here already said that's gay, so idk OP, look for something else.

Attached: 1531007049523.png (640x480, 249K)