SIMP General: Let's start coding this shit

a simple drop in php script that gets rid of big tech

Attached: SIMP Whitepaper 201802 page 1.png (1632x2112, 366K)

Attached: SIMP Whitepaper 201802 page 2.png (1632x2112, 250K)

host shit anywhere encapsulated in xml and crypto-signed, seamlessly integrates across thousands of servers like gnutella and torrent

Attached: SIMP Whitepaper 201802 page 3.png (1632x2112, 269K)

let's take down ICANN too. the entire TCP/IP system needs a rewrite

Attached: SIMP Whitepaper 201802 page 4.png (1632x2112, 114K)

Interesting thread, I don't know if it'll go anywhere but it's neat.

we're going to code it right here

I'll make the logo.

already made one

Attached: ss+(2018-06-28+at+07.57.47).png (374x345, 7K)

Ill make the motto
SIMPly free

SIMPly epic

SIMPly slick

This is cool, but I can't find anything online about this. Did you come up with this, user? I am super busy with school, however this looks promising and I would be more than happy to work on this project to an extent, if it's serious. I also think this would be a good opportunity to implement pedo tracking once and for all, since this will be decentralized and some will abuse this for sure.. I can tell you right now, that will be a big problem.

yeah it's my whitepaper. i figured the best way to get it running was to make it a Jow Forums project

bumping for interest
I don't know PHP sorry OP

I'm also hoping at some point to make a crypto mining video codec for the youtubers

it could use any server side scripting so long as it adheres to the xml rules, which we'll have to define

I worked on a minor web project for my state, consisting of PHP (some db stuff that was terrible), along with a few other nerds while we were in school. So this would be something I am interested in but again I have a decent junk of homework plus actual work on top. I will be sure to follow this, I recommend you put this on GitHub maybe? And post a link.

If it's based on blockchain I'm never using it.

I'm so sorry

Just use ipfs nigger

hello world

>*uploads CP*

Attached: true evil.gif (425x481, 1.51M)

It's a plan with good reasons behind it. Dunno if it's a good plan, but it's a plan. The programming examples you come up with will have to be really easy to implement if you want anyone to adopt it though

Nice what you have so far. Please provide some details about how the content itself is stored for the various social networks. I'm talking about images, videos, text bodies, etc.

Is this going to be similar to Tor in that you'll need a special browser or gateway to enter? Perhaps you are thinking of implementing this entirely in JavaScript in the front end so a special client is not necessarily required. Both of these solutions have their advantages and disadvantages.
That's good... I think multiple implementations of the server we be a good thing. I personally won't write PHP. Reasons why doesn't matter really.
OP, what systems do you propose to protect against this? Maybe similar to the copyright one? There is still a need to allow people to flag things. Then comes the issue is protecting against false flagging. If I was one of (((them))) I'd false flag many many videos and destroy the review process.

Another issue. Once/if this really takes off, it may be difficult to scale depending on specifically how the decentralized communications between the servers works.

Also, when scaling, sever costs may be too high.

This looks pretty interesting. I'll see if I can contribute. Keep posting. Keep us updated

Sounds cool. Ready to contribute OP

fuck off commie

the content is supposed to be storable anywhere and it's formatted as an xml encapsulated and crypto signed datagram. I'd like this to be able to interface sql as well as flat files.
as far as flagging things, I'm not sure how that would work when this is specifically designed to circumvent censorship.

the front end would be ajax based, although a browser plugin would work too. basically, what i call the presentation environment, should be customizable to the user's desire, and perhaps even be a whole new industry.

Considering that ipfs is a thing, why this?

how should i know?

it looks like ipfs is for files while this is for social media, although they converge on the same ideas

What about issues with scalability? Bitcoin has major scaling issues. How do you intend to solve it?

How about paying for the servers? At first not an issue but when things pick up, costs will rise substantially.

How do you think protocol versioning should be handled?

Any details on the DNS part? I like that part the most.

those questions are why it's on here. maybe i separate these into different parts and we tackle each accordingly

>it looks like
You just looked that up didn't you? Before suggesting a new technology, how about you read up on existing technologies noting their advantages, disadvantages, etc.

For instance, it would be a very bad idea to write a new way to serve files for the social platforms in a decentralized fashion using a SQL server the way you are suggesting. Why? Ipfs already does this talk and it does it well. Ipfs actually scales too because clients that already have the file serve it too.

tl;dr read up before you try to lead something like this. You clearly have no idea what your doing.

>a simple drop in php script that gets rid of big tech
This shows just how little you know about decentralized systems. The best you could hope for is a federated system here if you even got something working.

Nice idea, but you are getting stuck on details without even thinking about the important questions. Off the top of my head...
>1: how will it scale?
>2: how will data be stored?
>3: is this the simplest design given the goals of the project? (The simpler it is, the easier it is to design and maintain)
>4: how will the servers communicate? (Be careful not to make a centralized system)
>5: how will versioning work? Do new nodes just ignore old versions? Since this is decentralized, we cannot force servers or clients to update. Blockchain tech ignores/forks
>6: how is this protected from attacks? For instance, I could create many many accounts/posts, slow the system, and fill out up with useless data. Costs skyrocket and the system is shutdown.
>7: what about illegal content? Did you know that there is litteral CP in the Bitcoin blockchain? It isn't possible to remove unless the everyone forks and removes it from the history. No one is going to do that. Just adding features or fixing bugs causes friction and splits. Maybe setup a system for reporting and removing illegal content? How would you protect from literally everything being flagged by an attacker? Good luck on a decentralized system.
(continued next post)

>8: how will clients find the decentralized system? Bitcoin and Tor do it by hard coding some ips into the source code and then asking for more nodes through those nodes. While difficult, a government can block access to some users by blocking these ips. This block doesn't work particularly very well but it is too show you that even decentralized services have to be a little centralized just to find the network to begin with.
>9: how is encryption between the servers and clients going to work? If you want this to work with web browsers as a plug-in, you are going to need to https. This is a problem. You are now dependent on the highly centralized tls trust system. Or you could roll your own certs system. Where now you have to manage your own centralized system for managing/revoking the certs. Great another centralized system. You could trust the certs inside of the source code but now you have no way to revoke certs if you need to. This last option is probably the only practical one.
>10: speed: dependable decentralized systems are just slow. If you took a distributed computing class they probably hammered this through your head.

>i figured the best way to get it running was to make it a Jow Forums project
OH NONONONONO *breathes in*

excellent questions. we'll work through all of these. I'll be off work in a few hours when I'm on my 10 hour break at the truckstop and then we'll talk moar.