Why using Mac OS or WIndows when Linux is ten times better?

Why using Mac OS or WIndows when Linux is ten times better?

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 1.17M)

Other urls found in this thread:

linux.com/news/how-get-windows-tax-refund
zdnet.com/article/the-windows-tax-fight-is-finally-over-buyers-can-get-a-refund-on-their-microsoft-os-in-italy/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don´t kno

macOS is way better, the fuck? Advantages of a UNIX-like OS plus it actually has worthwhile software

just stop it

Attached: 153579026691.jpg (3517x2581, 595K)

>installing kde bloat packages

>better

Attached: 1464884921833.gif (250x167, 999K)

Not as bloat as your mom

What did Tom Cruise mean by this?

Then times better for what?
For audio working, Linux just plain sucks.
For servers macOS just plain sucks.
For being a OS instead of a service, Windows just plain sucks.

he likes superior women, black women.

if he likes them, why did he stroke her with shock?

he likes them fried and crispy

this is Cruise way of having intercourse.
first you show dominance

only cause vsts and after effects are fucked on linux, literally the only reason. If adobe and imagine line ported their shit to linux i would literally have no reason to use windows but for its too much of a hassle to have to keep rebooting to switch os-s

>using nsa adobe

I'm not a pedophile

Linux distros are only viable options if you have nothing to do but tweak your computer.
For everybody else, the ones who have lives and jobs and families, Linux is a terrible option.

Making music in Linux is basically impossible. Yes, I know what LMMS is but LMMS sucks.
Windows is better but a pain in the ass, having to set up all those drivers and install/move/uninstall software before you actually start doing anything.

this is EXACTLY what a pedophile would say.

lmao no

dude, KDE seriously needs a better clock design

had to reinstall windows almost every 2 years because it became slow or because the upgrade process left so much garbage behind. last time was when microsoft pushed latest spectre mitigation and caused a bootloop.
on the other hand, here I have a linux install going since '12 and never had an update break it.

claiming that linux breaks on every update
while windows (and osx for that matter) is always stable is just blatantly wrong

you're just content with what you're already familiar with, baby duck right here.
don't get me wrong, I don't care what you like or hate, but stop telling lies.

Bitwig? Never hear about it.

like most things in plasma, you can configure it. turning the date on seems to help not make it so overbearingly huge. then change the font face on top of that to something that fits in better.

I like KDE but I think the default window borders are hideous. I use it on my laptop and I can't stand them. I think this weekend I'm going to sit down and make a theme that matches the rest of the desktop so I don't have to look at that shit anymore.

The Aqua UI on MacOS is slightly more polished, and I do use an iMac at home for general shitposting and media consumption. But I'd never use that shit for development. When you strip away that UI and dig into the OS and core utilities it's not much better than 90s Unix, which is to say it's a clusterfuck of outdated GNU and BSD shit all over the place. I used to mess around with Homebrew and stuff but I stopped doing that after I'd had enough. When Apple drops support for this machine I'm just going to install openSUSE KDE on it.

Yeah, this is a genuine problem. The entire audio stack with ALSA or whatever the fuck is used anymore is completely fucked. It works fine for watching YouTube videos or movies and other general input/output but doing anything more advanced is a shitshow. If I knew what I was doing I'd try to fix it but I'm not an audio expert by any means.

Attached: 1491992701378.jpg (957x621, 55K)

ten times better in what? in randomly disabling sound? in flickering? no drivers for most things that aren't a gpu? no games? no programs?
where the fuck is it better?

>Linux is for everyone, nothing else is worth using under any circumstances
>anyone who says otherwise or even merely likes what I don't like is just wrong
>m-muh babby duck syndrome

Attached: autism and opinions.jpg (651x664, 84K)

he is correct, though.
any other OS user is inferior in every way to linux user.

>I have a linux install going since '12 and never had an update break it.
just like my windows 7 install, nothing broke since 2012

that's why no one uses linux, because it's so great
inb4 servers, we're talking about normal pc usage

>that's why no one uses linux
and this is a good thing. No one wants to spoonfeed brainlets everyday. Stick to your faggot OSes and get the fuck away from linux.
Thank you, niggers.

loonix babby btfo and seething

damn son you can make Konsole transparent like that? neat

user i love linux but you're a fuckwit
what on earth is going 'your thing is worse than my thing' going to achieve
if you wanna sell someone on linux, tell them what you like about it and your usecase
dont be a nigger about it

>that's why no one uses linux
People don't use Linux because they don't know about it, and it's not pre-installed on most PCs. If it came with more machines, more people would use it. Market share as been growing, and more liberal estimates put Linux at 2-4% for desktop use. This means millions of people use it.

Stop being an elitist child. There will always be distros for hobbyists and distros for enterprise and general desktop use.

Do it is really that better tho? I mean, what about the fact that with Linux, you're constantly fucking with your OS whereas with proprietary systems generally you're just using them to do things?

>tfw you have to use xrender kwin backend because opengl is incredibly slow and laggy on proprietary nvidia drivers
I miss muh blur.

Attached: 1493576299994.png (778x512, 45K)

>People don't use Linux because they don't know about it, and it's not pre-installed on most PCs
wrong, i don't use linux because it's still bad for normal home usage compared to osx or windows
>spoonfeed
linux is now easier to install than windows, and please don't call me a nigger when you're a 56%

I need Illustrator. Not photoshop, I don't need that. Illustrator.

literally (as in literally) said I don't care what you use
but again, you're just telling lies
is it compulsory?

Also, KDE Neon 18.04 isn't out yet. And that's the only distro I could love as much.

nobody has ever heard about Linux thats why theyre not using it, stupid

nothing's broken, until you take a look at the registry.
then again, even if it is still pristine
the linux machine will be running for years to come while win7 will reach EOL in 2 years

>wrong, i
You aren't most people. Most people use computers as a way to browse the web and watch movies on a screen larger and cheaper than what a tablet provides. They also use web based services like Google Docs which also work fine on Linux.

>it's still bad for normal home usage compared to osx or windows
Is it really? Or is it just bad for your specific use case? Because operating systems are tools. If you're tied into a bunch of proprietary software like Adobe stuff or bideo bames, then go ahead and use Windows/OSX.

But my argument is that most people aren't tied to those products and would be plenty comfortable using Linux on their home computers. Not only would this translate into the machines being like $50-100 cheaper without a Windows license, they'd also be more secure due to the enterprise level security patching that the big distros like Ubuntu/SUSE/Fedora get automatically. There are no "home" and "pro" editions of these systems either. They're all the same and they cost nothing.

Attached: 1531589087978.png (754x1158, 384K)

nigger please, even my mother has used linux.

it
just
werks

>They also use web based services like Google Docs
nope, most if not all people use microsoft office
>But my argument is that most people aren't tied to those products and would be plenty comfortable using Linux on their home computers
of course, there's only some problems like some programs still only have cli versions on linux, or that the folder structure is really confusing to someone who only used windows
and some distros for some strange reasons make it really hard to make a simple desktop shortcut
and of course gaming and lack of drivers for things like fingerprint scanners or just buggy drivers

>100 cheaper
Delusional, they obviously aren't charging retail price to OEMs.

>most if not all people use microsoft office
Which works fine through a web browser now, and it can also run in WINE if you want to use it offline. Or, you know, just use any of the native Linux office suites that are just as good and 99% compatible.

>there's only some problems like some programs still only have cli versions on linux
Such as? Excluding development (which normies don't do) I don't use the command line for anything. Everything can easily be done with a GUI now.

>or that the folder structure is really confusing to someone who only used windows
People don't need to go digging in the file system unless they know what they're doing. The package manager application will handle adding and removing programs, just like that section of the Windows control panel.

>some distros for some strange reasons make it really hard to make a simple desktop shortcut
KDE is the best desktop, and any distro using it doesn't have this problem.

>of course gaming
Buy a console, faggot.

>and lack of drivers for things like fingerprint scanners or just buggy drivers
I haven't had driver problems in over a decade except for when I tried installing Debian on a MacBook with Broadcom wireless. 10 minutes of Googling solved the problem. This driver also worked out of the box with Ubuntu.

That's why I said "50 to 100" you massive nigger. I don't know the exact price, and it isn't important. What's important is that the customer saves a bunch of money.

And how exactly is it better than OS X?

Attached: Picture 2.png (1920x1200, 643K)

>50
>bunch of money
lol poorfag

You're also delusional if you think businesses will actually pass on the cost savings.
Also, I doubt they're even $50, you can go on eBay and buy legit OEM keys for $30.

>too poor to buy a pass

MacOS is infinity times better

Attached: .png (1920x1200, 1.78M)

>macOS
>posts OS X
heh

I'm not giving gookmoot a single cent.

Well for one it's more secure. OS X recently had that bug that was showing the password as the hint, which is the most retarded fuckup I've seen in a while. There was also the rootpipe thing, and several other really bad bugs. It also has extremely outdated internals which makes development on the platform an absolute bitch, and POSIX compliance, or more specifically polling, has been broken since like Mavericks I think, even though the OS is POSIX certified by the Open Group. I also don't like the way it handles running applications or memory. I think it's stupid.

You call people poor for not wanting to waste money. You sound like the poorfag here, since every poorfag I've ever known has burned their money on frivolities, which is why they're poor in the first place.

It's the same shit rebranded, you autistic fuck.

You describe

dilit this

(You)
What's the point? You're obviously just here to fling shit over ebay pajeet second hand wangblows keys while you call anyone else poor. Form a more substantive argument or GTFO, you low brow ape.

Attached: 1534466654732.jpg (225x225, 14K)

But I'm using Leopard on ppc here, which has none of those nu-Apple related issues.
And the extremely outdated internals are the defaults, right here I have a fully up to date working GNU userland, including the latest GCC. In fact I can pretty much compile and run anything modern that is truly portable (so no Rust or other SJW shit, which I don't give a shit about either way) via X11. Sure, I need to run another WM on top of Aqua, but I can make OS X treat it as a fullscreen window, so I can just switch back and forth from it like I would with my other virtual desktops.

>no argument
Nice one, faggot. You made a shitty claim that you can't back up and have had to resort to "f-fuck off pajeet!".

So basically you've hacked some GNU utilities onto a 10 year old OS. Okay then, thanks for proving my point.

You're wrong, Pajeet. I was right, that it was $50.
>After working with customer service, I received a refund of $52.50
linux.com/news/how-get-windows-tax-refund

Newer article citing up to 90 euros:
zdnet.com/article/the-windows-tax-fight-is-finally-over-buyers-can-get-a-refund-on-their-microsoft-os-in-italy/

Stay BTFO, shit muncher.

Attached: 1493921947718.png (435x269, 5K)

>BTFO
Nice reading comprehension, faggot.
>You're also delusional if you think businesses will actually pass on the cost savings.

So basically you've hacked some GNU utilities onto a 10 year old OS.
Yep, because that 10 year old OS works better than current GNU/Linux.
Really makes you think, huh?

Also, the faggot literally filled the case in 2005 and didn't get paid until 2014.
At least read what you cite, retard.

Also, that linux.com article is literally from 11 YEARS AGO.
Holy shit user.

That's pulled directly from your own cynical ass.

>no software
>no security updates
>"works better"
Okay, if you say so.

I argued that the cost of a Windows license was $50 and I'm right. You wanna shift some more goalposts?

Attached: 1534443508446.jpg (695x567, 49K)

>Which works fine through a web browser now
This wasn't a reality in the times where Windows conquered the market.
>uch as? Excluding development (which normies don't do) I don't use the command line for anything. Everything can easily be done with a GUI now.
You can't control gamma in X.org without command line, for example.

>I'm right
Retard, none of your sources back that up. The linux.com article literally says
>I don't know if this is really how much Windows costs

Linux better for coding

>It's the same shit rebranded, you autistic fuck.
No. The differences are becoming more and more great between OSX and macOS everyday.
For example, macOS has swift, meanwhile, in OSX all shit was done with Objetive C and shit like that.
The apis are changing. Carbon is deprecated in macOS, same as OpenGL.
In the next years Apple will try introduce new changes to the kernel that will kexts obsolete.

@67552126
>no software
Read my post above. I have all the same software GNU/Linux has
>no security updates
Because so many attackers target ppc machines, right?
>"works better"
It does. 3D acceleration for ATI cards is completely broken in powerpc GNU/Linux. All distros except for Gentoo are cucked by poetteringware. PulseAudio is a nightmare. The kernel has code literally written by the fucking NSA in it.
Fuck, my laptop and my homeserver run GNU/Linux, but saying that it works better than OS X (10.4 up to 10.9, anything older or newer is garbage) is just retarded.

>treating (You)s like upvotes
>>>/reddit/

>This wasn't a reality in the times where Windows conquered the market.
But it is now. So what's your point?

>You can't control gamma in X.org without command line, for example.
Like I said, Linux would be great for home PCs. Normies don't know what gamma is, nor do they know how the display works. They log in and open a web browser.

Another goalpost shifted. If the guy got $50, then that's how much the license is legally worth. I'm not going to play a game of Schrödinger's Windows key with you, faggot.

>In the next years Apple will try introduce new changes to the kernel that will kexts obsolete
Do you know what a kext is? It's a kernel extension, which is a fancy name for a driver. They aren't going to remove modular drivers unless they're planning on never adding new hardware ever for any device for any reason.

>Another goalpost shifted.
>literally the same topic being discussed
OK, retard. Also, one again, you've failed to read the article in the first place. The guy got that amount, but he was originally arguing that he should get $89, not to mention, as I said, the article is literally over a decade old, and you have seen how much more aggressive Microsoft has gotten at pushing Windows, to the point they practically hand it out for free (GWX, media tool upgrade for free still working in 2018, installer accepts 7/8/8.1 keys now for 10). Why the fuck would the price have INCREASED from then? Its common sense.

> using nsa system d
Kettles are all black here

majority of the population likes strawberry ice cream better. those whose favorite ice cream is chocolate are the real autists

macOS is actually usable and runs software that I like.

Because Windows runs the programs I want to use on my computer. This makes Windows better for my needs, but if Linux suits your needs better that's fine.

>being this retard
I know that a Kext is a driver, retard. What I mean is that will rework the driver API and architecture completely.
>muh sysvinit
>muh minimalism