I'm late to the Windows 10 party

I'm late to the Windows 10 party.

Fresh install. Fucking candy crush, xbox and cortana eye rape.

What's the most effective way to purge all this shit? (while still keeping windows 10, I know I know, it's for work)

Attached: Windows_10_1803.png (1080x607, 721K)

Other urls found in this thread:

oo-software.com/en/shutup10
github.com/Disassembler0/Win10-Initial-Setup-Script/blob/master/Win10.ps1
sourceforge.net/projects/windows-10-lite/files
github.com/W4RH4WK/Debloat-Windows-10
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

literally just uninstall it. cortana can be disabled, well at least you used to be able to.

Reinstall LTSB version of windows 10. Forget about this one

Howtogeek released a regedit file to purge cortana

Just take an hour and go through settings and disable everything questionable. Right click on the taskbar and disable stupid shit like task view and people and whatever, etc.

You can get the system to be quite comfy but it takes a while

I can't remember if people in 1998 were reeing about the inclusion of solitaire or not

oo-software.com/en/shutup10

>settings reset every update

Attached: fa6f1b98.jpg (875x1075, 108K)

I ended up using a powershell script from github, it seems to have culled 90% of it.

Just uninstall, it can't be fixed. Even if you fix it it turns itself back on again. I had TWO candy crushes on my fresh install.

Honestly every time I install this shit it is different too, like one time it had Cortana and one time it didn't. Shit is fucking weird, a thousand versions and a thousand apps, nobody even knows whats on it even when it's fresh. So much shit, file explorer is so dated. Fucking install Linux it's better than that shit and I'm a macfag but anything is better than Winblows.
Nigger.

>candy crush
One of the most popular games ever made. Have you even played it, bro? You should – maybe you'll learn something about yourself!

Yeah bro try out the recommendations too. Wooo haha. Install all the shit brah, try the new Edge browser. Turn on all diagnostics. Just fuck that shit up.

Win 10 privacy and classic shell are your best bets. O&O shutup reverts settings all the time

candy crush is just a rip of bejeweled with is just a rip of some even older game

I never experience that.

Attached: 1509573411580.png (253x373, 85K)

LTSB

this is what I use. recommended

The Apple Macbook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.

You have a few options:
1. If any Windows version is good for the job, install Windows 7 or 8.1. They'll just work without any of that crap.
2. Is your work resource intensive? If not, consider running Windows inside a VM (with a GNU/Linux distribution as the host, ofc). This can be combined with option 1.
3. If you _must_ run on bare metal and it _must_be 10 and not any other version, you're pretty much fucked. You can run one of the anti-telemetry/bloatware scripts out there, but chances are your settings will be changed in favor of maximum data collection in the next update.

Attached: qt.jpg (258x195, 12K)

And I almost forgot the 4th:
if your computer and your work software supports it, consider a hackintosh. Much harder to setup, but way more stable than Windows 10 ever was.

Can it actually play Candy Crush without throttling?

This.

Even better, it doesn't have it.

he needs 10 to play candy crush?

Attached: ykk confused..png (205x319, 63K)

Why the FUCK do you need a tool to do this?
Just right click, uninstall. Its not fucking hard.
Then disable "suggestions in start" so the shit never appears again.

u'll never be able to purge the eye rape

Attached: 1535503806251.gif (329x335, 382K)

Attached: 1534203586531.png (200x193, 30K)

>tfw 2gb of ram

Attached: RAAHHHH.png (725x667, 128K)

> That's a nice dual boot you got there
> Would be a shame if something happened to it
And nukes my EFI partition ALL THE FUCKING TIME

I just reupdated to 8.1 and it keeps asking me not so nicely to update to 10. It took me three months to get it to update to 8.1 from factory reset. I really am concidering mint but cant get the shit to boot from usb. If im forced to upgrade to 10 im going to shoot myself.

You can uninstall all those bloated apps, and use ShutUp10 to disable Cortana.
Fuck off Apple shill

candy crush is not a game

Solitaire in '98 didn't come with fucking ads built into it...

get MSMG Toolkit and create your clean ISO (no metro apps, remove useless microsoft apps, disable cortana) or wait for the next ltsb release (which should be in 2-3 weeks)

Just use it for a while. Most UWP stuff will completely break eventually.

Posting Windows 10 eyerape
How did they fuck up this badly?

Attached: NANI_THE_FUCK.png (1122x704, 60K)

gonna reinstall winderps 10 with all the bloat removed from the .iso
brb in 5 hours

Dear lord

i thought this was the year of linux. what happened.

*GNU/Linux

Why aren't you playing Candy Crush user? Do you not like games?

>his os has ads built-in

Attached: win10ads.jpg (648x426, 88K)

Unironically installing gentoo.

What's wrong, user? Don't you want to see relevant apps that might interest you based on your usage history reported directly to Microsoft?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 14K)

I use W10 privacy and Spybot Anti-Beacon

linux is a kernel.

Install 7. It's supported until 2023.

Why does wikipedia call linux an OS?

W10 privacy tool is the way to go. You can literally disable everything you want from a simple list. (you'll still be spied upon)

>Apple Macbook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem

Aye, but it has the problem of making you look like a tremendous poofter.

Attached: nope.jpg (1920x1080, 157K)

why the fuck this kike has the most JUST haircut on jewtube

Attached: asexual.jpg (2056x648, 205K)

This is what I personally use desu.
github.com/Disassembler0/Win10-Initial-Setup-Script/blob/master/Win10.ps1

>The LTSB meme
This is being changed to LTSC next year and turning he whole branch into cancer. Not to mention you can't get bi-yearly updates.

What's the actual best version of W10 that lets you get feature updates, but still excludes the garbage like Cortana/app store? I've heard it's W10 Pro Education Edition.

It's called Debian GNU/Linux.

I purged that shit under This PC on the nav bar with some regedit files but random stuff keeps getting added back to it occasionally
but its getting better, as long as nothing is reactivated every time there is an update

I ran every anti-spyware powershell script I could find, ran all the tools, blocked all Microsoft servers in my hosts file, and had a good couple months without cancer. But today this appeared in my start menu.

>There is no escape

Attached: 1513667858024.png (328x112, 25K)

we already posted it several times just use w10 privacy you mong, takes 5 minutes to set up

Attached: w10privacy_475544_full.jpg (952x857, 225K)

Is this sourceforge.net/projects/windows-10-lite/files any good?

Well meme'd my friend

Why do all these when you can just install GNU?

I like the speed of 10 but I like the look of 7, so I just use a shell. It's wonderful and familiar.

Damn, this shitty Delphi 7 UI somehow manages to have a much better UI than most programs do nowadays.

Attached: 1519053293001-int.jpg (394x400, 32K)

I unfortunately need Windows for work, so I'm stuck dual booting

I do alot of windows 10 installs for work. This is what I wrote and have been using for a while.

Run as a script in the new powershell as admin.

reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced" /v "Hidden" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced" /v "HideFileExt" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

Get-AppxPackage | where-object {$_.name –notlike "*calculator*"} | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-Service wuauserv | Stop-Service

Get-Service wuauserv | Set-Service -StartupType Disabled

Get-Service wscsvc | Stop-Service

Get-Service wscsvc | Set-Service -StartupType Disabled

Get-Service MpsSvc | Stop-Service

Get-Service MpsSvc | Set-Service -StartupType Disabled

Get-Service SecurityHealthService | Stop-Service

Get-Service SecurityHealthService | Set-Service -StartupType Disabled

Get-Service SysMain | Stop-Service

Get-Service SysMain | Set-Service -StartupType Disabled

Get-Service WSearch | Stop-Service

Get-Service WSearch | Set-Service -StartupType Disabled

>apple
I'm sorry, do I look like a homosexual to you?

I should add that this might not be safe for some work flows. Thought I dont know for sure so just read it and google what you dont understand.

Windows 10 still needs alot of group policy editing to be usable to the average fa/g/. Disable the antivirus asap but leave firewall on if you want calculator to work. Youl have to do alot of googling to get it how you want.

>Jow Forums
>500 hours ricing linux
>clicking a radio button is trash botnet
github classic start menu

Attached: 1524188642952.png (674x589, 116K)

Its your fault for doing a bunch of meme shit instead of just looking in the normal settings menu, faggot.

Attached: windows-10-start-menu-suggestions.png (650x410, 52K)

This.
This. I do notice that it's really persistent on enabling fast startup during every major update.

you're right kek, my bad

i guess all those anti spyware scripts are bullshit after all, when windows can get around them like they're not even there

Attached: 1507716350539.png (365x101, 3K)

> It’s for work
Sure ... We believe that

I upgraded my Win7 computer from 2011 to a Ryzen build and my USB drivers no longer actually work. And none of the fixes that people have posted (adding USB drivers to a fresh Windows 7 .iso and reinstalling Windows 7) on the internet have worked.

So it seems like I have to fucking get Windows 10 now.

Install Gentoo.
NEETs don't work, you know..

Attached: download (1).jpg (276x183, 4K)

Attached: deliveryisoptimal.png (4712x2072, 450K)

Attached: deliveryisoptimal2.png (3564x1988, 331K)

I've a windows install running at 600mb
GNOME shits need to get their heads out of their ass

>updating windows

Attached: slaps me on the knee.png (240x334, 93K)

No idea how you'd do it, I've got a completely stripped fresh install, running at 850mb RAM and taking 12gb storage.
Still lower than gnome though :^)

Windows 10 is software-as-a-service, install the updates and shut up or install an operating system that respects your freedom.

You literally signed up for the telemetry and spying when you agreed to install the OS or bought a computer with it preinstalled.

No because it comes with the superior, patrician Chess.app instead.

Ow! My Balls

>not still using Windows 7
Why? It's the definitive version of Windows.

Attached: Best_OS_and_you're_a_faggot_if_you_disagree.png (1024x768, 998K)

based

No one cares about your shitty machines with proprietary everything.

Download shutup10 and disable what you dont like, also find a powershell script on github about unninstalling things that can't be uninstalled (if that bothers you) and you're good to go

He wasn’t talking about Windows though.

Because you did it all wrong, the right order is:
>Clean install OS
>Configure everything thru Settings app GUI
>Use WPD which is the best privacy tweaker for Win10, all the other "anti-spy" tools like O&O ShutUp10 are a meme and they use outdated methods which don't even work on 1803 build
Always do it in this particular order.

Macs are still proprietary.

Ignore all that shit.

I tried Windows 10 for a while, I really tried. I'm on Windows 8.1 again.

To be honest W10 did work for me. Disabled what I can and it was pretty comfy. But after going back to 8.1 just to see the difference, it is really night and day.

Attached: winbill.gif (550x407, 662K)

github.com/W4RH4WK/Debloat-Windows-10

looks good to me

>leave firewall on if you want calculator to work

MS updates trashed 2 of my Win 7 machines. I ended up installing Win 10 to replace the instances. I'm 100% certain MS is doing this on purpose...

Almost as bad as Windows

There isn't. Education turned to shit after version 1703 or 1709, one of those. They started including Cortana and Store too. Education right now is just a rebranded Enterprise. Regular Education is a rebranded Enterprise, but Pro Education is just a rebranded Pro version.

Yeah your only options are to use Enterprise/Education and edit the fuck out of it, or deal with an outdated version of Windows (LTSB) and use that.

only way I got mine to work was my Mobo has PS2 KB+M emulation
only the keyboard worked though but it got me through the install

uninstall all the shit you don't like. I'd keep cortana tho, she's actually useful.
Windose 10 is alright as long as you take out all the spyware, or at least enough of it to not bother you.