Buys $1000 worth of hardware

>buys $1000 worth of hardware
>doesn't use a $2 wrist to build it

Attached: static_begone.jpg (425x425, 18K)

snake oil. just don't rub your hands like a jew.

I don't have carpets and I don't wear wool. I don't even remember the last time I had a static discharge. And even if I had this thing I would't be able to use it - in a shithole where I live we don't have any grounding.

You have to be an absolute retard to ever not ground yourself properly

It's mainly to protect the worker, not the equipment. If you'll get shocked wearing this the electricity would take a short path through your hand, and that wouldn't be fatal. But if you don't have it it would travel through your body potentially killing you. All you have to do before building a PC is touch something huge and metal, unless you are a reatard and you have a risk of electrocuting yourself working on a computer build.

Attached: 0e8.jpg (680x395, 37K)

Yoi cannot even feel one. You can have silent static discharges which have probably reduced your components lifetime.

Then just touch something metal before touching your PC. As easy as that.

What the fuck?

It's an antistatic band, it would melt your skin if you played with high voltage with that thing on.

Melt your skin but leave you alive. We are talking huge static charges from conveyor belts and such, this kind of charge may kill you instantly.

this desu familiam
gotta be some basedboy nigger to get static discharge

>the absolute state of Jow Forums

Attached: 1536012893992.png (900x729, 129K)

>live we don't have any grounding.
where do you live?

on flying castle

Russia, we have sockets like this one everywhere. Or almost any time when there is a a third pin like on a proper eurosocket it is not connected.

Attached: socket.jpg (400x400, 11K)

Can I visit you?

Completely irrelevant.

>when there is a a third pin like on a proper eurosocket it is connected to neutral that can be swapped with hot at any point by a drunk electrician

fixed

>not just touching the power supply shroud to discharge yourself before touching components

the main problem is that if a gate of a MOSFET has a dielectric breakdown, its dead jim. a static discharge from your skin can happen without you even feeling anything like said.

>high voltage causes heat
Not this shit again

>not just wearing rubber sole boots on hardwoord floor and doing

>wearing rubber padded shoes inside the house
How quaint

You would still be grounded though

Most static wristbands contain a resistor to limit current flow. Imagine touching AC while wearing one of them. mount stupid pls go

My preferred method is to build my PCs naked and use my penis to contact the case. This keeps both my hands free while keeping myself grounded properly.

Or just the grounding pins on the outlet.