Is it too soon to buy a Ryzen laptop?

Is it too soon to buy a Ryzen laptop?

Attached: image_search_1536671708353.jpg (1280x720, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

notebookcheck.net/Asus-GL702VM-GC102D-Notebook-Review.186918.0.html
lenovo.com/gb/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-a-series/ThinkPad-A485/p/22TP2TAA485
cdw.com/product/HP-Smart-Buy-ProBook-645-G4-14-Ryzen-7-2700U-8GB-RAM-256GB-Win-10-Pro/5096287
acer.com/ac/en/US/content/predator-model/NH.Q3GAA.001
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

they exist?

buy a desktop

But but but.... They're the same price as laotops!

>they exist?
notebookcheck.net/Asus-GL702VM-GC102D-Notebook-Review.186918.0.html

Yes basically no good reviews are available, no thermal stats or anything of that sort, except from the ideapad 720s with the ryzen 2500 which throttles so much because the cooling is inadequate for ryzen, but enough for failtel

If anything wait for real Huawai Matebook D reviews

>gaymen laptop
>ever a good idea

lmao

it's not 2014 anymore, gaming laptops are the best laptops.

This.
But Intel + Pascal is the way to go.

yes, 7nm is around the corner.

Still waiting on the A285.
Has Lenovo just given up on Ryzen?

Attached: 1386004205922.jpg (1200x944, 185K)

I installed 25 of pic related with Ubuntu 18.04 for a client back in May. Acer Swift 3 Ryzen 2700u. 750 yuropoors each . Bretty good for the price.

Attached: Acer-Swift-3-700x350.jpg (700x350, 36K)

>numblock laptops
i seriously don't understand why people buy this asymmetrical monstrosity. it's ugly, nobody fucking uses number blocks anyway and fuckin 15" screen

>nobody fucking uses number blocks anyway
people who type in a lot of numbers do

Depends on the quality of the Helios 500. no reviews yet.

>R5 2500U+rx560x
>700 usd

is it worth it? my laptop is still a i5 haswell yet it still good laptop for programming and shit

Attached: NITRO-5_overview_features_large.jpg (1920x1723, 433K)

Nice price, but I have doubts regarding Acer's build quality...

My 230€ Aspire One from 9 years ago is still in really nice condition and sericeability is usually also decent enough on Acer. I'd say go for it if you don't mind how it looks and the typical short battery life of a gaming laptop.

The lack of business Laptops with Ryzen really sucks.

Depends what you're after. If you want a bang for your buck portable computer that can do office work , some cpu intensive stuff, and light gaymen then I'd say it's worth it. Only real downside is most will probably have poor thermals as cheap quality tim is atrociously applied to the IHS/die. Can be fixed by applying a third party one in the pea config but may not be feasible given how locked down laptops are becoming.

2500U has the best value but 2700U's better binning will also give you better sustained performance.

Attached: ryzen-mobile-specs.png (1158x405, 145K)

>gamer

twice more expensive

Attached: USA Democracy - Bombs.jpg (2048x1152, 58K)

whatever you do, get one with dual channel memory.
the ideapad 720 is single channel because single sodimm.
reeeeeeeeeeeee

lenovo y530 looks better, but no ryzen.
you can go for thinkpad L series but not 560x

one of the many issues it has. it wasn't designed for ryzen, it lacks to much and it results in terrible system performance.

look out for huawei notebooks, they look solid af

lenovo.com/gb/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-a-series/ThinkPad-A485/p/22TP2TAA485

I love my Matebook D. Was only 599 too, sure there are Intel solutions that have a bit better battery life but they were like 500 dollars more.

I always read a lot of shit about Acer, but I've had 3 (a DDR2 aspire one netbook, a cheap ass DDR3 e3 and a DDR4 e5) and they've never failed on me, but they indeed feel cheap, so there's that

We still do not have it here in North America

At least you'll have good video without the abhorrent nvidia optimus.

how was the driver support?
it's been out. people on plebbit already have it

They are there, but most are gaming oriented

E585 is available in North America
not true, Notebookcheck has been reviewing the fuck out of them, and the HP Envy X360 Ryzen 5 has great reviews because it's a 25W TDP opposed to everything else being 15W, only con on the HP is screen lottery

that's the 485. 285 is the 12.5" one.

Wait for 7nm. For laptops wait is worthy.

I disagree. I’ve had a few Acer computers like and I haven’t had issues with either the laptops or desktops.

They’re kind of like the Toyota of PC manufactures. Acer might not have the highest performing products for the money, but those suckers last forever.

cdw.com/product/HP-Smart-Buy-ProBook-645-G4-14-Ryzen-7-2700U-8GB-RAM-256GB-Win-10-Pro/5096287
There are a few business-ready gems, but yeah, they're mostly aiming at gamers and early adopters.

They're usually hidden away, like the Dell Latitude. You have to ask a service agent for one, since they do have them, just not putting them out on their site for some (((reason))).

acer.com/ac/en/US/content/predator-model/NH.Q3GAA.001

or you could just buy one through their site? it's the Dell Latitude 5000

I will buy a Lenovo A285 if they offer it with 32GB of RAM.

>starts at $2199
>no dGPU mentioned

Attached: 1535742712633.gif (282x287, 2.48M)

they won't, maximum they'll sell it with is 16GB if you go based on what they're doing with the E585

Only the Intel ones were listed on their site last I checked. That's why I brought it up.

there's good reasons to doubt Acers build quality. they have made some models that I've seen quickly fall apart over the years. I have a 13.3" Acer myself, it's fine (so far). wouldn't buy one without having looked at it and read some reviews and, if possible, having looked at a machine belonging to someone who's had it for some months.

go on AMD's website, they were listed there

Click on the "learn more" button and you'll just find the Intel models offered.

It's vega 56

>nobody fucking uses number blocks anyway and fuckin 15" screen
You mean you don't work with spreadsheets or do math or anything else and never had a real job. I use the number pad all the time. I also prefer a 15.5" screen on a laptop, it doesn't make the machine too gigantic but it's also not too small. I do also have a 13.3" laptop, small screen and no number-pad but it is smaller and lighter. Absolutely not my first choice but absolutely ideal for all non-car travel.