Why are archfags so autistic?

Why are archfags so autistic?

Attached: 1505202824279.jpg (800x1185, 233K)

>when archfags got told hard

Attached: archbtfo.png (1169x3679, 513K)

based

>unironically saying meme in a conversation

Attached: fretgyhyujik8munjyb.jpg (1280x720, 44K)

why is this board so obsessed with arch?

Because the installation guide is the most basic intelligence test Jow Forumstards repeatedly take and fail, while being honest about their result and share it with Jow Forums. It's very entertaining.

i have an archfag at work and i like him
asking him various questions about common linux problems is faster than googling

Btw, I use Arch.

who the fuck uses xorg.conf
>sage

OBSESSED

Kids use it for muh epic unique minimalist desktop

Why are you obsessed with what kids do?

OP is a pedophile

I've been using arch for 6 months now (switched from fedora). I like it a lot. I've never had any problems/crashes, and I'm using nvidia proprietary drivers that were pain to use in fedora. The repos are huge and aur is great. Setting up everything is fairly easy and everything you need to know can be found on the wiki. I don't understand why people find the installation hard, it's literally just copy-pasting commands from the wiki. Of course arch is not perfect and it's not for people who don't want to use the cli.

Attached: 1f9c090.jpg (500x315, 23K)

Because it has a reputation for being le hard to install hacker distro. (because editing a few files for locales, keymaps and mirrors is hard or something)
In reality it's just a pretty solid rolling release distro that works well without too much hassle. Some minor issues here and there, but nothing major. Easier to use than Debian desu.

being an archfag is an important step. you will either stick with it out of being too stupid to form your own opinion and recognize that it's actually shit, or you will realize what actually matters as a matter of both fact and opinion, and as a result transition to ubuntu/debian/gentoo, depending on what you value. if you really believe arch is a minimal distribution, try installing vim with +clipboard. report back with your bullshit solution that completely negates nearly all of arch's meme benefits

Attached: IMG_1262.jpg (500x517, 145K)

>technical choices by the developers do
\G\ btfo!

Amazing
Literally tells minimalfags to use Debian (the best distro) if thats what they're looking for

This

>implying this fat fuck has multiple meetings scheduled

Attached: 1arch demon.jpg (1500x1064, 91K)

I guess to some degree it's true what they say: If you want to understand how Linux actually works, install Arch. It's not about the distro itself, though. It just happens to be so famous it has become a meme. It's not like you have to use Arch for this. If you are really into this shit go build your own damn distro, ffs. You are free to do so and that's great. The problem is that many Arch users simply copy paste the install guide and then brag about their system on the webs. Those are the people that give Arch a bad name because everyone knows they are plebs. On the other hand, there are many cases where people install Arch out of curiosity. Maybe some eventually got tired of those GUI installers that do everything for you, because It's just like Windows but without the spyware. I'll take myself as an example. I wanted to see how Linux handles UEFI and how it does root encryption. Did it several times with Ubuntu and OpenSUSE. I kind of knew what was going on but I could not quite grasp it. My first attempts on Arch with that setup failed horribly. Try throwing different bootloaders into the mix. Good luck as a newbie, which I still consider myself to be btw. But you eventually get the hang of it and it feels fucking great the first time you get it to work. Once you have it running, it's so stable it's almost boring. If only breaks if you break it. Pacman is one of the greatest pieces of software I have ever used across all platforms, though.

Attached: 1535694783086.png (1500x1200, 1.55M)

their entire identity is "I use Arch Linux"

install gentoo

> try installing vim with +clipboard
you just have to install gvim package. it comes with vim with +clipboard support. no reasons to compile it from source

...i feel like jamie oliver when he offered chiken mcnuggets to amerimutt children.

Attached: 1531065167110.png (656x620, 32K)

>using meme arrows outside of Jow Forums

that's not a meme arrow that's markdown

Attached: 1534911187634.jpg (645x729, 144K)

>why do people hate a distro that is being shilled exclusively by redditors and wm ricers?
Because they are hypocrites. They champion minimalism, learning linux, compatibility, and how configurable something is, despite not doing any of these things themselves.

Arch has never been a minimalist distribution. Splitting packages is rare compared to other distributions, and dependencies aren't made optional whenever possible. Arch has never been minimalist... a Linux kernel with every module available and every feature enabled at least when there's no non-bloat related cost, feature-packed/complex GNU tools, nearly all optional features enabled across all the packages, etc. Additionally;
>pacman is fast but not safe, it tends to break shit and config protection is implemented in a terrible way
>there is no official process to verify that a package is stable within the distro, in other distros a lot of packages are in a testing repo despite that specific package's developer claiming it to be stable on its own, because it might not be stable within the environment of a specific distro
>(arch v gentoo related) arch users complain about 'muh compile time' when it comes to gentoo, while in fact they compile a lot of AUR packages themselves, namely the *- git packages that pull the source from a git repo
>but it gets even better: they only compile a handful of packages, and those not being libraries mostly, the self-compiled packages get linked against precompiled libraries from a different setup (e.g. different optimization levels), which can then cause even more instability because it's a clusterfuck of unequal shit
>arch uses (((systemd))) and switching to something else is hard
>the vim package on arch pulls in X, so if you want to have a fancy terminal text editor on a headless server, you need to install a shitton of GUI stuff which you'll never need nor use
>maintainer told the guy who complained to just symlink vi to vim (vi is inferior)

Attached: 1536641830453.png (971x546, 55K)

>arch users pride themselves in installing arch and learning so much about how linux works under the hood, yet the install is literally copypasting a bunch of commands, usually without proper explanation
>e.g. to chroot into the new install, you use arch-chroot, which automatically bind-mounts procfs, devfs and sysfs, but nowhere on the guide does it say that that's a very important step, so should archfags ever need to fix their system via chrooting from a livecd that doesn't have arch-chroot, they'd be fucked
>the kernel is auto-configured in a just werks way (basically make allyesconfig), which is unnecessary bloat and for such a diy distro, configuring the kernel yourself should be the official way of doing it
>arch cannot boot without an initramfs per default
>pacstrap always installs the same shit, uclibc, dietlibc, musl, gnu-less toolchains etc are not an option from the get-go
(2/2)

No, it's rfc standard mail quoting format. Where do you think websites got it from?

websites reinvented it

Attached: 1535536447667.png (620x387, 328K)

fucking this. i don't have any problems with arch, but people who claim that you can learn a lot from installing arch are le reddit tier brainlets who are just trying way too hard to emanate the illusion of intelligence

Attached: 1535449978674.jpg (3499x2304, 1.06M)

>gnu-less toolchains etc are not an option from the get-go
they don't seem to be available on Gentoo either. What's your point?

>The opinion of users has no weight here
Well, that's nice to hear...

What's the point in copy-pasting commands? Why doesn't it have an installer? To appeal to autistic menchildren.

>posts᠌ same᠌ thread᠌ over᠌ and᠌ over᠌ again,᠌ providing᠌ meme᠌ arguments᠌ every᠌ single᠌ time
why᠌ are᠌ you᠌ so᠌ autistic

Graphics are for Macfags anyway.

It's the best desktop distro for experienced Linux enthusiasts but the installation is a brainlet filter so it makes dummies here feel bad when they can't figure out how to partition their drive.

Attached: 1461119117768.jpg (1024x768, 398K)

>best distro for experienced linux enthusiasts

>João Miguel

I started using arch because it had the latest kernel which supported my network drivers. Have had fewer issues with arch than Debian so I’ve stuck with arch.