Why didnt it work?

why didnt it work?

Attached: 45b15a94776887faa68ad1919c604b7c4eafadf55a4619cca09e29b13b18e6d7.png (1000x1000, 177K)

Devs aren't putting in enough effort, so usability suffers and most people will just use uBlock
But it inspired far more effective addons with much higher potential to destroy the shady tracking/ads industry, like Privacy Possum

It didn't?
If google blocked it it must work somewhat?

i dont get it. in my whole life on the internet, ads have only interested me 0.15% of the time. are normans really that gullible?

This, I bought more stuff in the last 4 weeks because of /csg/ and gearfags on /out/ than I did my whole life due to ads or commercials.

Because it wasn't intended to.

Attached: 1505969608935.jpg (1488x832, 918K)

That's the thing, only retards buy stuff by clicking on ads.
The real effective thing is that they sit in your mind, and then you later think of some product "on your own".

Hidden message?

I refuse to believe that merchants are dumb enough to waste shekels on ads in 2018

Ads work because they plant a thought in your brain, not because you see them and start clicking the buy button. You are seriously retarded and delusioned if you think a majority of people spend their time online clicking ads. So of course ad nauseum didn't work, bc advertisers only care about the content getting out there, not about whether or not that specific ad resulted in a purchase.

Yes

maybe food but i'm in not gonna buy something being shilled, like the newest laptop, some shitty jordans or donate to a pet shelter because they showed some cat with one eye that was euthanized 4 years ago. there isnt shit planted in my brain. btw i never said people were clicking ads you nigger.

google is still around so i think it didnt

>there isnt shit planted in my brain
News flash, you're human just live everyone else and those ads have surely influenced your buying habits just like anyone else.

You thinking you're exceptional is actually making the ad's job easier.

What ads? I haven’t seen one in ages

You are not special. You are no smarter than any other internet browser. I know this because you are posting on Jow Forums.

8.7% of people clicked on mine

Attached: ads.png (792x355, 12K)

Drink Coca-Cola™, because it's delicious!

was meant to reply to because he was saying that people dont click on ads

This
t. upset because i dont see your ads

0.00001 rupees have been deposited into your adsense account

Not consciously, but ads are getting better and better about blending in with normal content.

Fucking shill or botnet shitty app somewhere else

Pay attention sweetie. I'm saying that ads are effective when they are seen, having them be clicked doesn't really matter. You saying you block ads is a complete non sequitur to this, but thanks for the useless personal information.

>effective when seen
>see them and nothing happens
why are you so upset about this?

Soda is for fat """people"""
Other than billboards and some ads on my phone last week when I temporarily disabled Xposed, I don't think I've been exposed to ads in any sort of media in quite some time.

I think you might have schizophrenia... Take a look at what I was responding to. You will notice that both posters were talking about how they block ads. So, you would not be seeing the ads if they are blocked (hopefully).

Is that from a MDE video?

wow you're dumb

They believe that you see an ad and it subconsciously brainwashes you and makes you buy the thing lmao

meant for

what do you think ads are, magical things that change your brain? lmao

well it doesn't(unless it's for a restaurant hehehe)
>seething

Attached: 1501579707393.jpg (203x241, 6K)

You are probably a more intelligent person. You likely hang out with more intelligent people. You have NO IDEA how stupid the average person is. You have no idea how stupid and susceptible the below average person is to suggestion. Steve Jobs knew and had no reservations about exploiting it.

If I were intelligent I would be exploiting the retards. I'm just average

hell, if I could I would jew the retards while I am nota jew. This is world though: jew other or be jew-ed.

It plants the seed in your mind retard.
When you're going to make your garden, you think of MiracleGro.
You stop to buy oil for your car, and you recognize the brand "Valvoline".

Apple is the classic example of marking genius. Good computers, overpriced, but they're given this allure by all the marketing.

What do you think Jow Forums is? Magical website that makes you retarded?
Always worth a shot

Because it's a concept thought up by a 12 year old edgelord
Google loses money with regular adblock because custoners pull out if ads are not effective

>Good computers, overpriced, but they're given this allure by all the marketing.
>good
mediocre at best in 2018.

>value of ads goes down, requires more clicks per $
this just encourages more aggressive ad campaigns. you don't honestly think you'd change anything for the better this way, do you?

Good quality compared to the garbage $300 walmart laptops people buy.
I've never quite understood the people who go out and buy some shitter shiny plastic laptop from wal-mart for a $300, complain it sucks, and then go spend $1300 on a Macbook and say "wow this is the best computer ever!".

you answered yourself. medicore things that looked cool on tv and youtube seem great when you have been using shit. i've had macshit before and i liked it but would never buy a macbook in 2018.

What I don't get is why don't they just buy a quality business class laptop from Dell or Lenovo for $700?
$1300 gets you an under-powered base model MacBook, the ones that have oomph are closer to $2k.

i wonder how many companies stopped using google because it was no effective, i have never heard of any desu

Attached: 4248865707412845.jpg (900x948, 260K)

Sounds like it could be easily manipulated to make someone tons in ad revenue. I'd rather just block the ads, thanks.

they're too focused on mobile e.g. the 20 iPhone models. iMacs have pretty much kept par but macbooks have turned to ass have literally been gimped compared to older models. macbook buyers are fucking cultists, idk.

Even not increasing money spent on ads counts as a loss due to adblock. Nowadays Amazon is good for products and fb for everything else. Google is still huge but there are other players in the field.

Because most of the trafic is phones.

Probably because it provides no benefit to the end user over a regular ad blocker.

>why a retarded idea didn't work?
truly a mystery that shall haunt us for years and years

If 0.15% of people click an ad, that ad is doing really well I think.