Ubuntu is the most polished os

daily reminder that ubuntu is the most polished and well supported LU/Gninux and if you use anything else you're wasting your time

>debian
good luck getting your hands on cutting edge software on an OS literally designed to be behind the times because "muh stability"
also it requires root for almost everything but doesn't come with sudo so have fun accidentally locking yourself out of the system the first time you try it and having to reboot into init=/bin/bash if not completely reinstall

>mint / elementary
shit community policies and software availability in exchange for "muh assthedick." nice trade

>gentoo
ultimate waste of time, no explanation needed

>lfs
ultimate waste of time pt.2

>arch
enjoy your slow internet

>slackware or slackware-based
enjoy most software not being designed to accommodate your shit taste

>raspbian
enjoy your shit specs. get a real computer poorfag

Attached: ubuntu-512.png (512x512, 31K)

>apartheid
racist faggot

>not fedora

Attached: 1452323978043.jpg (600x449, 73K)

imagine being such an autistic neckbeard your daily driver is literally called fedora

>using an africa cuck distro

Attached: 1463349964568.png (485x489, 272K)

>not using the only distro that's actually supported by anything
>ygffw

Attached: girl__s_head_on_foot_by_toki_w-d3b2i03.jpg (324x400, 7K)

I don't get the arch slow internet meme, can someone explain pls?

the internet settings that arch comes with make it very slow
it's an easy fix if you already know how but if you have to find out then you have to do so over a very slow internet

>convinced himself that ubuntu works

Attached: 1411619292132.jpg (275x183, 8K)

>convinced himself that ubuntu doesn't work
>convinced himself that anything other than ubuntu works
>convinced himself there's no reason ubuntu is the only gnu/linux distribution most people have ever heard of
>yfw

Attached: Geromy01.jpg (187x250, 10K)

>good luck getting your hands on cutting edge software
debian sid comes newer packages, even newer than those in ubuntu
>doesn't come with sudo
true, but is it that hard to apt install sudo and then visudo? it comes with the install iso in case you need or want it

all buntus and debians are great. just use the one you like and shut the fuck up

also, fuck reCAPTCHA and their slowly fading bullshit

Attached: idort.jpg (600x709, 19K)

>using Ubuntu over Debian
Once you get a job you'll stop with that nonsense

>seething this hard over a distro that stopped being usable in 2010

Attached: 1462159384056.jpg (480x360, 16K)

I don't see anything insulting there.

>>arch
>enjoy your slow internet
????

>stopped being usable in 2010
the fuck you on about, I've used it without a hitch for 10 years

Attached: 81r4KMgiF-L._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 21K)

>doesn't easily support hybrid video cards
>2018
>most polished OS

>2018
>having a hybrid video card

>lying on the internet

Attached: 1468219454028.jpg (542x474, 27K)

>non-hybrid laptop setup
>1 hour battery life

I'm not lying, i had a dell inspiron 910 in 2008 when i was 14 years old and had no problems using ubuntu which shipped with it. i liked it so much in fact that i stopped using Windows and just installed ubuntu on every computer i owned from that point forward

>2018
>owning a computer with a dedicated GPU, external or otherwise

But my games! Would you recommend a CPU strong enough to run the same power as a GF GTX 1060?

>But my games!
imagine the smelle of this poster

Attached: DaFfdD7U0AAVD_V.jpg (645x773, 28K)

I would rather you not.

>linux
>no games
>can't use recent hardware without tweaks
fuck off.

>debian
>also it requires root for almost everything but doesn't come with sudo so have fun accidentally locking yourself out of the system the first time you try it and having to reboot into init=/bin/bash if not completely reinstall

What alpha version from 2001 are you running? I got a server running 9.5 and aside from nvidia cuckery it works perfectly

ubuntards at their best.
>steal packets from mother distro,
>claim you are more up-to-date
niggah, ubuntu is debian sid with amazon ads

I smell nice, don't sweat much and take 1-2 showers evey day.
Feels comfy having a hobby, the money for it and not caring what strangers on the internet think about it.

only the terminally unemployed will disagree with you

*breaks*

Attached: laughing-2.jpg (673x680, 336K)

daily reminder that windows is the most polished and well supported OS and if you use anything else you're wasting your time.

>macOS
shit specs and software availability in exchange for "muh assthedick." nice trade

>linux
ultimate waste of time, no explanation needed

Attached: Windows_logo_-_2012.png (1121x1229, 152K)

basado y rojopastillado

>lying on the internet

Attached: bean.jpg (480x360, 15K)

>ultimate waste of time, no explanation needed
Totally, waiting for an update to finish for few hours is not waste of time at all.

Attached: huut-1.jpg (225x225, 8K)

>not even mentioning Red Hat, CentOS, Fedora and SUSE/openSUSE
How to recognise people who get all their knowledge from Jow Forums: the post.

>arch

Attached: 1536396351606.jpg (299x293, 47K)

>debian doesn't come with sudo installed
you can opt to install it in the installation.

showering doesn't count as a hobby faggot

>gnome

Attached: 1536376835008.jpg (1416x800, 142K)

Attached: 979819585856478523.gif (232x226, 971K)

you still have not refuted Debian. Define old faggot, good luck. I prefer a working system that was tested for a year, than being on the current beta.
>B-but, devs on my distro are faster!
>>I'm fast at math
+2=7
>>hah only joking I said I'm fast but I didn't say good....

Fedora is better.

Arch is pure shit.

VOID will be probable best ever linux distro. And Alpine also.

Stay mad, brainlet.

Attached: 1536642027586.png (602x500, 45K)

VOID piss on your Arch and AUR anytime, all Arch users are faggots.

Stay jobless, NEET.

>using gnome on ubuntu 18.04
>not using cinnamon which is the most uncucked de and is better than cinnamon on mint

Attached: 1536197509885.gif (250x194, 13K)

*feat amazon(tm) search

is void actually maintained with default config files? I don't want an Arch 2.0 just because muh Systemdless system

>debian doesn't come with sudo
what? The default installer even says if you don't setup a root account it will setup the user as sudoer. At least on stretch and current testing net installers

>default config files

what you mean exactly? what default? /etc/?

VOID is something else dude, better read the wiki intro about it. VOID actually develop something, arch is just a lame distro.

Also, void+musl+runit=boot in 10 seconds, think about it.

This. Just read the installer wtf

I just tried installing netinst, it said and prompted this, but when I came to the tty it had no sudo package.
Someone's been slacking off.

>arch
explain

Attached: 1536679034039.png (598x369, 387K)

>wanting normal users to be able to fuck with the system
Regular users aren't supposed to do anything but their work on their machines. Updates are performed automatically (after testing) and if they really need new software, they can send a ticket.

t. Sysadmin

I use Devuan (Debian without systemd). It gives you an option during setup to use sudo, disable or set the root account password, etc. Everything just works out of the box. Tell me why I should waste my time with the nigger distro that finds new ways to break itself with normal use. Also, Gnome is trash.

Attached: 533.jpg (900x729, 67K)

>>arch
What? You must be on drugs.

>Gnome is trash

gnome is fucked by design.

GObject = the most idiotic way to try to attempt OOP in plain C, denying C++ = stupid gnome devs.

what the fuck, worked on the machine I have on my laptop running stable. But anywhere I read about Debian and in the same doc, it says it doesn't ship with sudo so you are risking it listening to the installer I guess.
Also a point against Ubuntu for me was the mirror was slow as fuck to respond, takes like 15 seconds to start downloading packages on bionic beaver.
Also I had trouble uninstalling the default desktop, because net install doesn't even ship with uefi support so I have to manually uninstall shit because every image as a customized DE on it.
My con on Debian is probably that even though I installed with wifi drivers on another usb, when installed it actually didn't have dhcp on wifi, or I didn't know what was even the problem since wpa supplicant couldn't manage to make a ping to anything. So I just installed everything with a lan.
So I take it if you are installing on wifi only you should use an image with a DE, but at least the net install has fucking UEFI support.

>elementary
>shit community policies and software availability in exchange for "muh assthedick." nice trade

>literally just Ubuntu 18.04 with a different DE
>with the same software availability

Debian's autism for free software makes for oddities like these. Getting graphics drivers to work on Debian is a major PITA for the average user. It's both a blessing and a curse, as it isn't too hard to migrate to linux-libre from a default Debian install and have a free system with the support for nonfree packages in the future, but the person who just wants their PC to work will probably knock it off.
>a point against Ubuntu for me was the mirror was slow as fuck to respond
I find that most distro FTP's are shoddy, as most of them rely on torrenting and file sharing. But Ubuntu's mirrors should be the exception, as Ubuntu = Linux for most people. Imagine the average faggot downloading this new Linux thing and wondering why a 2 gigabyte download is on 56k speed. I would immediately get a sour taste on my tongue.

Well done, you made a piece of shit shiny. Ubuntu is a broken and bloated pile of dog shit, but it's impressive you managed to make it look shiny!

Attached: polished turd is still a turd.png (500x347, 206K)

truth be told apt and apt-get triggers my autism, pacman is just so much more pleasant to the eyes.

>anti-systemd meme
I don't get it

>uses gnome
Into the trash it goes!

I hate Ubuntu. I immediately lose respect for anyone who runs it, and especially those who advocate it. Here’s why:
Name 20 features, release-for-release or year-for-year that have not come from Redhat. Redhat basically runs the show when it comes to Linux. This includes things like NetworkManager, Gnome, Xorg, GCC, glibc, LVM, KVM, kernel, file systems et al. Redhat has developers making significant contributions to the entire FOSS software stack upstream.
Ubuntu on the other hand pulls most of the heavy weight packaging from Debian with each release. They then perform minor patching and testing. It generally lags behind Fedora by a release or two in parts of the software stack. I never see @ubuntu or @cannocial email addresses in upstream changelogs.
So tell me again, how exactly does Ubuntu innovate? They even struggle to release a new theme with each release, and artwork is about the only original thing in Ubuntu.
Yes, Ubuntu is stable because they are standing on the shoulders of giants. Most of the hard work is hashed out before they ever import software into their repositories. This is fine, and what FOSS is all about, but I prefer to be in with the leaders rather than the followers.
What really irks me and what has really brewed my hatred are Ubuntu users. They seem to think Ubuntu is responsible for all that is good in the FOSS world. I have just proven how false this is. In my experience, Ubuntu support mechanisms (IRC, mailing lists, forums) are much less helpful than the alternative.
If you want a nice desktop distro, run Fedora or OpenSUSE. If you like control, run Gentoo. If you need stability, run RHEL/CentOS or Debian. But please, don’t feed the idiot magnet that is Ubuntu!

>dumb weeb cant install 7zip

RedHat also encompasses systemd

B-But gayming!

> A friend gave me his Dell Inspiron years ago with base XP.
> I upgraded to a better version of XP. Figured anything beyond XP would kill the system.
> No antivirus programs on the system due to increased system lag. Worried. Bite the bullet and wipe XP for Kubuntu.
> Steep learning curve for me but learn I did.
> Ran smooth for the better part of a year but again, I didn't want to push my luck with upgrading the O/S to something newer that the laptop couldn't handle.
> Continue going on IRC channels for guidance with Kubuntu. One problem I had I was told to upgrade.
> I tell the users that upgrade = more system resources and slower system.
> One user said newer Linux OS usually means smaller and more refined.
> I proceed to upgrade to the latest release (circa 2016)
> The Inspiron never came out of the install coma.
> Been running XP ever since.

>Using Ubuntu
Your fault. Unironically install Gentoo and pick what parts of the kernel and software you want.

>>debian
>good luck getting your hands on cutting edge software on an OS literally designed to be behind the times because "muh stability"
Have you never heard of sid?

>also it requires root for almost everything
Every distro does.

>but doesn't come with sudo
$ su
You are full of shit.

>accidentally locking yourself out of the system the first time you try it
Did you create a root password, forget about it, and just click "next" every time during the installation? That's the only way I can imagine you getting locked out of your system. If so, you honestly deserve this lesson, OP.

>mfw testing's apt doesn't work with $ su
>have to do $ su -
>or else root won't get the proper sbin path
WORKS AS INTENDED

Why dont you just use Windows with that logic? God you're fucking stupid

>what is tar.xz?
Are you still lurking here redditor?

Because Windows sends your shit to Microsoft and the NSA?

still works out of the box for cable ethernet or a iso with a DE
>hurrrr machines with market share use systemd so is blowted!

>GNOME
i'd rather cut my nuts, all three of them

Ubuntu sends your shit to Amazon

The most polished OS is unironically OpenBSD.

people still saying this shit in 2018?
god this fucking board

fedora crew

Attached: 1519666429966.gif (331x248, 1.98M)

>elementary
>aesthetic

their osx mavericks rip off ui is outdated as fuck.

>>mint / elementary
>shit community policies and software availability in exchange for "muh assthedick." nice trade
Someone translate this?

What are the community policies?

>no support for ssds

Apt-get is legacy

MX 17 is the most polished turbo-autism distro out there atm
>debian stable base
>latest kernels backported
>latest firefox backported
>sytemd rauss because reasons
>inexplicably fast
>xfce master race
>sane default applications
>in-house settings panel to easily activate drivers, compton, whatever

Attached: 1525970620124.jpg (603x588, 192K)

>If you want a nice desktop distro, run Fedora or OpenSUSE. If you like control, run Gentoo. If you need stability, run RHEL/CentOS or Debian. But please, don’t feed the idiot magnet that is Ubuntu!
Point is, Ubuntu has Fedora's desktop with Debian's stability.

Bullshit

>ubunto
>literally nigger distro

rly makes me think

>debian
>"doesn't come with sudo"
Stop setting the root password during installation, ya fuckin' nerd.

bumper

Exactly, but you're wrong.

Running Windows, and then Ubuntu on top of Windows is the vastly superior method.

what settings are these?

>ubuntu
>african shit
lol

Literally these

Linux needs to just werk before any non-initiated permavirgins use it. When you can install drivers, games, and programs that WERK without typing an essay into the terminal then things will pick up fast.
Until then, it'll just be a marginal hobby OS for ricers and other ultimate neckbeards.

Now go fork a wallpaper changing software instead of fixing the OS.

Attached: oh harro.jpg (662x557, 59K)

It had the potential to be when they were actively developing Unity 7, but now its just Fedora with a different package manager. If you really want polished, check out Solus. Its the only desktop distro that's proved more stable than macOS and Windows in my experience. It has its shortcomings, but the upcoming Budgie release fixes most of my complaints judging by their plans for it.