What are Jow Forums-approved budget laptops?

What are Jow Forums-approved budget laptops?

Attached: Teclast_F5.jpg (2048x1536, 351K)

thinkpad

Everything is budget when bought used, but I meant budget laptops you could buy as new.

This. You either buy a really good one new or you buy an okay used one for cheap. For budget laptops I recommend the xx30 models like the X230, T430, W530, etc. They're cheap with really excellent chipsets and iGPUs, much better than the xx20 models. The new keyboards look like shit but are actually nicer to use.

AMD thinkpad then.

>I meant budget laptops you could buy as new
It's not worth and you're just going to get chinkshit. If you can't afford a brand new premium product then buy used premium products. Never settle for new chinkshit.

MSI

Had good experience with Acer Aspire in the past.

ahem

Attached: Screenshot_2018-09-11-12-19-27(1).jpg (714x683, 67K)

I bought W530 as new. It was total crap. Plastic build quality with creaking parts, battery and the motherboard failed after two years.

Second-hand Thinkpad.
Maybe some business-class Dell or HP.

>ryzhit
>1366x768
>4GB

Attached: IMG_20180603_140909.jpg (403x375, 52K)

>>ryzhit
That's a fucking quad-core processor on par with intel's quad core i5s and a 1+ TFLOP iGPU you mong. Find me that shit for $500 elsewhere on an incel system.

x768
meh

GB
There's literally an empty slow ready for another 4GB stick of RAM. You don't know how to install RAM?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-09-11-12-26-00(1).jpg (720x899, 182K)

chinkpads come with worse and they're usually TFT panels at that. Stop being such a mong.

>help this poor fag
I want to buy used thinkpad, but the problem is I don't know whom to trust and from where to buy?
Probably going to spend 150-200$. And if location matters I'm from Nepal.

Wow I didn't know they had internet in Nepal.

Don't. Go to your local computer shop and get it from there instead. You'll get at least a month of warranty on it and more likely to have it successfully refurbished by wiping the drive and installing a fresh OS.

These people buy thinkpads wholesale from companies retiring really old ones for like $50/pop and then refurbish them.

>I didn't know they had internet in Nepal
I'm embrassed.
I know my country is poor, user, but we do have internet here...lol

thank you for your kind advice, user
probably going to wait 2-3 months, if I land a job then I'll buy a new thinkpad

Those Teclast looks fucking crazy

Performance is absolutely abysmal though.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-09-11-12-59-06(1).jpg (720x439, 121K)

For single core, yes. The multi-core scores are much better on these new celerons.

Thinkpads.

Case in point.

Attached: Screenshot_20180911_202151.png (794x546, 59K)

I doubt the battery life on those things would be good.

gookbench? Because I had the telecast F5 and it was significantly slower than a 2GHz i3 thinkpad I used to have.

>45Whr
>15W TDP chip
If you're playing gaymes you'd still get a solid 3 hours but on average you'd get 6-9 hours for non-gaymen use. Seems ok.

You're comparing machines that probably differ about 100% in cost and CPUs that are 6W and 15W in TDP respectively.

Wew for basic tasks there isnt any point of difference i guess

Right but gookbench throws in HW AES and other non FP/INT scores in the overall score rendering it very inaccurate of real world performance.

Until you actually do said tasks.

I have never bought a single new laptop in my entire life. Never had any problems wuth my used ones too. You just like to get jew'd

Newer laptops have better battery life and performance/watt along with new bells and whistles like 4K HEVC/VP9 decoding. Sure the 2 core i3 and 4 core i5 have similar performance of todays 2 and 4 core counterparts if not close but that's not what people are after these days.

So yeah yiu can get a $100 chinkpad and slap in a new battery but at the end of the day they have like 1/3rd or less the battery life of todays laptops and if that matters it's therefore a valid consideration for purchasing a computer

What's better for $600 USD than the ryzen huawei matebook d?

Anything approved by the fsf.

>6-9hrs
that's pretty bad by thinkpad standards

Not to mention integrated graphics performance. How the fuck did we go from 0.1 TFLOP to 1.6 TFLOPS in onboard graphics for the same power consumption while CPU performance only jumped by 2X for the same power is beyond me.

Even a clunky thinkpad with a 90Whr battery has a 100 GFLOP iGPU, no 4K HEVC/VP9 decoding, ect ect. So yeah, enjoy your dinosaur laptop.

Why would you listen to communists? Isn't that what brought the USSR to its knees?

certified refurbished business grade laptops

If you're on that much of a budget, you don't need a new laptop.

What laptop has 1.6tflops onboard graphics, ryzen 5 or standard 8th gen i5? Or you actually mean desktop chips.

Ryzen 7 2700U has 10 (640 stream processors) CU @ 1.3 GHz. Assuming AMD can still so 2 FP ops per clock cycle that means 1.6 FP32 TFLOPS right?

640 x 2 x 1.3