UBS-C

What's the problem with USB-C?

Attached: usb c.jpg (672x372, 18K)

Fragmentation

Wrong cable can make your device kill
Can't easily tell if the port you're using is 2.0 vs 3.1 or if it's thunderbolt - USB A had blue ports for example
Dongles everywhere, not the fault of USB C itself but it's still gay

a failed meme like firewire

I don't like it.
I normally avoid apple, but their lightning connector makes more sense to me.
But I'm so sick and tired of having all these different usb connectors around, that this one better stick around for a while now.

It's serial.

Exactly this.

I got a usb c, but I'm afraid to connect anything to it because I might fry my tablet that has no "official" accessories to it.

Firewire was used in cameras and recorders, and some other "hi-tech" aplicances. I'm boomer-zommer hybrid enough to remember that.

i like the fast charge on my new phone and the speed of transfers to my computer, but idk shit about it. someone give me a rundown on what not to do.

what does that mean?
I don't find thats there a problem bigger than what says. However I find interesting all the stuff that can do. Currently running a dongle (yeah, fuck MacBook Pro full usb c system) that has a hdmi connected, 2 usb diskettes, a hard drive, an the power connector and runs without problems.

>what does that mean?
It means he prefers thick cables

Attached: 1506577187351.jpg (1000x750, 81K)

>Firewire was used in cameras and recorders, and some other "hi-tech" aplicances. I'm boomer-zommer hybrid enough to remember that.
Firewire was damn near essential for pro audio for years with just a few exceptions until thunderbolt replaced it

It's almost perfect, but we need another 5 years to master it. Right now there is a lot of legacy devices and bad devices that break the standard. I remember when USB2 devices were like that.

Attached: 1532585090065.jpg (400x304, 54K)

serial = 1 bit per bit
parallel = many bit per bit
parallel > serial

>many bit per bit
que?

>However I find interesting all the stuff that can do.
Single-wire monitors that are powered by the PC itself when?

Shh, just let him be.

I see you are American

no

Attached: 1527399519180.jpg (600x732, 77K)

Sometimes in engineering less is more. In this case it sounds better, but when you start taking into account all the factor serial makes a lot more sense.
Maybe you're more familiar with RISC vs CISC.This is someting similar

fpbp.
It's becoming impossible to know if plugging two things together via USB will work.

>Wrong cable can make your device kill
Like what?

And CSG doesn't count.

Nothing. Best thing since USB 2.0.

Nothing

Parallel uses multiple wires to transfer multiple bits at once
Serial transfers bits in a "single file line"

Not special snowflake enough for Jow Forums, apparently.

/thread

For a UNIVERSAL serial bus, its implementation sure requires a lot of dongles to convert it to something useful.

The only real issue I had with type C is that the connection is not strong nor secure enough. I let my phone charging at night and when I wake up the cable it's on the floor because it disconnect itself with the slightest movement.

Mini USB was the peak and USB A is still the best

Attached: top cake.png (472x539, 69K)

i dream of a world where all connections are the same and can support the same shit across all devices, all types of uses.

even sex.

Aside from slow adoption, literally nothing.

But in 5 years everything will have it and it will be moot

it's shit

why does your phone move in the night?

My Samsung Note 8 doesn't have that problem.

But is it the connector or the cable?

Nothing, it's great.
Can't wait for it to be standard for everything.

>sound
>video
>data
>power
It's perfect.

shouldnt the phone fully charge within the hour?

>tfw mom plugged a USB 3.1 Type C Rev.1 cable into my USB 3.1 Type C Rev.2 slot

>It's becoming impossible to know if plugging two things together via USB will work.
Is this true? If so why?
>universal
kike

t. user who has never ever used usb-c

Literally microusb

>Is this true?

Only if you're fucking retarded.
Like trying to connect a mouse to a printer using adapters.

The slowest fucking adoption of all god damn time.

has a microcontroller built-in aka botnet

Attached: 1530301954199.jpg (690x460, 186K)

Nothing? It's damn great.

Attached: 1523148165199.jpg (872x872, 48K)

>breaks your device
nothing personnel kiddo

You can literally damage devices by plugging them into the wrong thing or with the wrong cable. Because there is no host/client dynamic you can accidentally have your phone start using its battery to charge a power bank plugged into it. The data protocols seem to work okay, except there's a lot of charge only cables out there and there's no way to tell what kind a cable is.

miniusb was good

fuck this gay earth

>Connector becomes loose after 5 uses.
>Good
Okay

sorry you only got the cheapest cables in the world

the 10 year old cables that came with my wacom tablet or ps3 controller are there. still working.

I have a lot of them and all of them are old as fuck but all of them were the cable of something that wasn't a chink crap.

I don't see any problem. I plug my phone into the USB port, and it works.

he means bits per clock signal

Listen to CGP Grey on episodes 107 and 108 of Cortex for an explanation of why USB C is such a horrible horrible physical standard.

no, it wasnt, not mechanically

Android is the defenition of this word.

That user likely doesn't understand the difference between mini and micro.

You obviously don't either.

Works fine for me. I like ot better than micro usb. Charges faster and cables last longer

Got anything in text form? I'm not a fucking jewtube watching zoomer redditard.

To easy to accidentally insert upside down.

Mini-A is much better to orient.

kek

>I got a usb c, but I'm afraid to connect anything to it

I'm sorry that you're dumb. Don't buy the cheapest chinese cables you can find on aliexpress and you won't have a problem.

It's shit

Apple adopted it first

PS3 used mini USB cables, PS4 uses micro