>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG (embed)
>Group Buys
spreadsheet is ded
massdrop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Attached: SXq4Gu0.jpg (2048x1365, 589K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Zalman-Unlimited-Multi-Key-keyboard-ZM-K600S/dp/B0196J3IPE
amazon.com/Cooler-Master-MasterKeys-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B01D3BDN60
amazon.com/ROSEWILL-Mechanical-RGB-Backlight-Customization/dp/B075GHFVTC/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1536716625&sr=1-4&keywords=rgb+mechanical+keyboard&th=1
aliexpress.com/item/Tada68-Mechanical-keyboard-gateron-swtich-65-layout-Dye-sub-keycaps-cherry-profils-enjoypbt-keycap-cherry-profile/32807055607.html
aliexpress.com/item/Tada68-diy-kit-Custom-mechanical-keyboard-Cherry-gateron-zealio-switch-can-choose/32821254418.html
aliexpress.com/store/product/keyboard-assemble-service/2230037_32838296301.html
mykeyboard.eu/catalogue/leopold-fc750pd-black-ansi-mx-blue_261/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for kalih white slim superiority

Is there any option for a new filthco controller module? Mine (luckily got it for 40 bucks) has different key stroke "delays", but I don't want to use it only for spare parts.

Attached: simple calculus.jpg (1910x960, 894K)

First for zhuque with box navys

Attached: IMG_20180810_171518.jpg (4608x3456, 4M)

First for gk61 with box navies
... In about a week

Third for box navy best new clicky switch.

>tfw typing on Cherry MX™

Attached: zzzz.png (586x499, 528K)

How do box navys compare to the feel of alps (clicky or cream)?

got a ergodox-ez with mx red silent (company paid) and holy shit these cherrys are scratchy and mushy as hell.
help me out here, pls suggest smooth light switches (tactile included)

i need more

Attached: Dmz_4ZKW0AEmHkU.jpg (1214x683, 106K)

Would you recommend any economic anti-ghosting keyboard with numpad? something not too shitty if possible.

Attached: 1499887586760.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

>ricer shit vs. the Third Reich

Attached: 1530614297605.png (500x495, 468K)

Velocifire, full size

>tfw typing on cherry mx switches

Attached: fadesfd.jpg (640x480, 70K)

Attached: hp.png (132x208, 19K)

What retard would pay $200 for this shit?

Attached: 1.jpg (1162x774, 94K)

I guess the same kind that buys Nintendo?

H-how the fuck did you know that I own a Switch?

Do you guys just do this in every thread?

Attached: 1526223954003.png (237x330, 43K)

>RGB shit

Yep, this one going to the oven

Attached: 8263282-3x2-940x627.jpg (940x627, 51K)

did hgitler touch type?!

Attached: hitler.jpg (1089x1154, 325K)

No, but he was an IBM fanboy

Attached: IBM Jew Killer.jpg (500x352, 16K)

I'm told he preferred dictating to typing.

Just curious if any other capacitive switch keyboards have becomes available. Still enjoy my Realforce RGB.

Attached: RFRGB.jpg (1749x876, 692K)

>tfw typing on topre switches

Attached: 1530621737255.jpg (575x382, 42K)

Yes 5 more to be exact

Chink clones or something actually worthwhile?

they're all chink, but only one of them is a topre clone

do (you) just shitpost in every thread?

Completely different IMO just because the way the tactility is created.

Lmao me.
Except I bought a regular planck and it was only 115$ new.

I like typing on Cherry MX switches.

Attached: hud9.jpg (1800x1200, 799K)

not necessarily interested in a mechanical keyboard, but are there any membrane ones that support more than 5 simultaneous key presses? if not, whats the quietest keyboard that can? clacking is fucking retarded, i like typing in peace

this is the only rubber dome over membrane keyboard with NKRO that is still made today. there are others like the Microsoft sidewinder, but you'd have to get those used
amazon.com/Zalman-Unlimited-Multi-Key-keyboard-ZM-K600S/dp/B0196J3IPE

you can get mechanical keyboards with nkro for 20 bucks now days. just choose linear switches

Just get a matias quiet click board. They're quieter than a standard rubber dome board anyway.

Anyone have any cheaper end recs for US full sized keyboards with tactile, preferably quiet switches and an rgb backlight that hopefully can be customized pretty thoroughly?

cheap and quiet tactile is not synonymous in the mechanical keyboard world. Now if you like browns with o-rings then that's basically your only option for something that meets your requirements while still under 150 bucks
amazon.com/Cooler-Master-MasterKeys-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B01D3BDN60
cooler master has some of the best customization thanks to their community, but if you want something cheaper then check out
amazon.com/ROSEWILL-Mechanical-RGB-Backlight-Customization/dp/B075GHFVTC/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1536716625&sr=1-4&keywords=rgb+mechanical+keyboard&th=1

I just bought an HHKB Pro2 I probably didn't need.

Please berate/commend my new purchase.

Thinking about getting outemu sky switches with 62g springs, anyone here use outemus? If so how do you like them?

Wasting money on keyboards feels awful. Until you get it in the mail. Then you feel great.

Haven't used them, but from what I've read they're more tactile than the other mx clear clones out there (but not as smooth unless you lube them). If I didn't already have a board with box royals+box navy springs I'd be interested in them.

>new version of memeios
Taking bets on them being even more expensive.

Attached: memeios.png (859x942, 69K)

I bet they're the same product and he's just transparently trying to make people buy them again instead of going for cheaper "enthusiast" tactiles

If he's not just BSing I'd bet it's just a thicker contact leaf like in the outemu sky.

>cringe
please tell me you're better than this /mkg/

>using a row staggered board in the first place
Nah.

what switches do you use?

What's a good Cherry MX Red keyboard at around 100€? What about the Corsair Strafe?

tada68

>if not, whats the quietest keyboard that can? clacking is fucking retarded, i like typing in peace
Something with Matias QC, Matias Linears, silenced reds/blacks/browns (either cherry or gateron), zilents, silenced Topre, damped cream, or usually any compatible switch with a silenced slider modded in (like "silenced gateron yellows" made with a slider from silenced reds or blacks).

These all give extremely quiet operation that's probably quieter than a rubber dome. Alternatively, any non-clicky switch with silencing clips or, if you really must, o-rings, can also be quite quiet.

What is the smoothest linear switch ?

Hall effect. That or maybe one of those new optical linear switches.

Plum EC

I've heard chyrosran talk about the wooting one, i might consider it ty

I am looking for a silent Keyboard for use in long typing hours.
Any recommendations?

See

I am looking into buying my first MKG. Will be used mostly for typing.
> in the US
> student so no money
How is the Cooler Master MasterKeys S PBT?
I was thinking about getting brown switches to be on the safe side.

Attached: 1503728998280.png (642x874, 437K)

it's good
cm are the best of the gamer brands for mechanical keyboards and pbt is good

>mx brown
Take a look at a ducky one with mx clears if you want a switch that at least has some tactility of note.

>How is the Cooler Master MasterKeys S PBT?
>cherry mx brown
>OEM profile
blech

tada68

Cherry mx reds and cherry mx blues

I am OBSESSED with watching TaeKeyboards videos and I don't even own a mechanical keyboard

I'm getting an HHKB Pro 2 for typing but can someone recommend me a smaller or just-as-small keyboard with black switches? Or red? For le gaming.

>tada68
ducky one

they are more expensive

Are box switches a meme or we're just too autistic to let go of muh cherry blue?

Attached: 1513415282800.jpg (540x960, 69K)

Anne Pro

they're also much much better

sounds like it's time to get one

Attached: 20161109_215255.jpg (4032x3024, 3.68M)

How are they better?
Is it worth the price?

They're not necessarily. Things that are better:
>wider switch choice, letting you get something much more tactile (browns are seriously mushy and nearly linear, but not quite, which I find the worst of both worlds)
>proper reprogrammable firmware

Do you care about programmability? It's very nice, but on a fullsize it's not nearly as essential as on smaller keyboards, so it's more of a nice to have. The only other difference is the switch choice; I personally would definitely not skimp on switches, but many people are very happy on rubberdomes all their lives, so it's up to you. The CM keyboard is still better than any corsair, logitech, or razer one.

Also consider cherry blue switches - they're not nearly as bad as cherry browns, and you can get them on the CM. If you don't mind clicky though of course.

Double shot and dye-sub PBT is what really makes it worth the extra price

>has more than 3 boards
>no topre
yikes

>too autistic to let go of muh cherry blue
in my experience, Cherry switches are kind of shit. they are stagnant, outdated designs. the box switches I've used are quite nice because they don't use a shitty method of generating sound and tactility. the click bars in box whites are FAR superior to Cherry's offerings

>stagnant, outdated designs
there isn't much innovation available in switches desu.

to the two users that actually have a clue about electronics. Any all in one board like the pro micro that includes Bluetooth? or some schematic to order some directly from a pcb manufacturer?

>Romer-G
>Kailh BOX
>Light strike/Flaretech
no innovation happening here

Anyone tried jailhouse Blues? What are they like. How do they compare to mx clears

its shit, makes it feel like scissor switches that have a longer bottom out.

But i like scissor switches. Was a semi pro in CS 1.6 with scissors

Attached: dev titty.jpg (1214x809, 161K)

where can i buy pcb mounted cherry red switches mechanicalkeyboards.com is sold out

arrow.com, mouser, kbdfans, the mx switch buy thread on deskthority (by 7bit), any number of the other mech board sites I'm forgetting.

If I don't want to build, what brands are actually worth it nowadays. Been out of the game for a long time.

Ducky, leopold, one of those hotswappable boards, etc.

if you want traditional switches then nothing has really changed all that much since 2012. now if you want them newfangled switches then just go to aliexpress and pick the highest rated chink brand

Cooler Master

Any real benefits to these new switches or is it just new and therefore better?

Cherry is the Microsoft of keyboard switches
It will be around forever just because it's the incumbent industry standard

Depends on which one is in question. Kailh box switches are pretty decent.

aliexpress.com/item/Tada68-Mechanical-keyboard-gateron-swtich-65-layout-Dye-sub-keycaps-cherry-profils-enjoypbt-keycap-cherry-profile/32807055607.html
$99 with plastic case and gateron switches

aliexpress.com/item/Tada68-diy-kit-Custom-mechanical-keyboard-Cherry-gateron-zealio-switch-can-choose/32821254418.html
aliexpress.com/store/product/keyboard-assemble-service/2230037_32838296301.html
$106+$12 with plastic case and kailh box/pro switch

mykeyboard.eu/catalogue/leopold-fc750pd-black-ansi-mx-blue_261/

Judging by these, this hobby is straight personal preference isn't it. Beyond the fact that these keyboards are sturdier.

There are objective measures you can use to inform your decision when it comes to switch type. A box royal or box navy is going to be more tactile than any other MX mount switch, for example.

Attached: NovelKeys Box Navy CPG1511F01S09.png (1710x1214, 103K)

Brand loyalty and network effects are powerful forces that drive otherwise rational people to choose inferior products

you mainly want to decide on what form factor you want. do you need a numpad, and if so do you need the numpad to be a part of your keyboard or can you have a separate numpad so you can put your mouse closer to the home row, then you decide if you want a clicky switch or a quieter switch, then you generally want THICC keycaps, preferrably made of PBT (or POM but that's way less common) and doubleshot or dyesub printed, THICC doubleshot keycaps made of ABS are more common on reddit because they come in more different color schemes, but those are expensive too and don't last as long as PBT plastic

also the height and shape of the keycaps, cherry profile and similar are the most popular but some people prefer a flat or high profile

What are those caps?

Have a MasterKeys Pro L that I'm trying to get rid of with Browns. Bought of off leddit because it was a good deal and I had Venmo to burn, but I just can't retire my 6gV2.

Check your craigslist or /hardwareswap; pretty cheap there.