If I file a patent for Windows 11, how much can I sell that for when Microsoft gets to that version?

If I file a patent for Windows 11, how much can I sell that for when Microsoft gets to that version?

Attached: 92D543C1-359B-44DB-AD9C-D0E582F6F132.jpg (378x378, 32K)

there will be no Windows 11
and what exactly would you patent?

There will be no Windows 11

they'll skip it and go to 12

>File: 92D543C1-359B-44DB-AD9C-D(...).jpg (32 KB, 378x378)
*cringe*

this or call it windows 2020

They'll Just call the next version Windows One.

You don't patent names you trademark them. And I think microsofts trademark on windows invalidates your claim to it

they already have the copyright for up to windows 100 paid for and secured

Damn, not sure I have the patience to hold onto Windows 101.

They'll just call it Windows XS Plus.

Then get windows 101 retard

like xbox right..... but nah, theyll just call it windows, at most 'windows banana' or whatever other class of nouns accompanying the word windows

This. Why do you think there was no Windows 9?

There will be no more Windows versions. Eventually they'll rename W10 to just Windows and sell it as a service. Screencap this

Attached: IMG_20180910_165858.jpg (735x449, 46K)

I'm just wondering, do any gamers unironically believe that they have all those qualities simply by virtue of playing video games? I know a lot of gamers are very attached to their identities as gamers and base their sense of self worth on gaming, which is rather odd since it's an activity that's based entirely in consumption and contributes nothing of any real value to society. Why do people seem to actually be proud of the fact that they spend their lives sitting in their mom's basement playing WoW all day?

After Windows 10, it will be OS 10 Kitten, OS 10 Serval, OS 10 Bobcat, etc.

My own thoughts exactly. There's never anything after 10 in the marketing world.

yeah I spent a lot of money on that windows 9 patent.

how could they be so cruel.

because e-sports.

>contributes nothing of any real value to society
Fuck society desu. Anyone who measures their worth based on what they do for others is a cuckold and probably a communist as well.

Attached: 1edbc93c07753be70c10c851a3bfaa77.jpg (487x650, 84K)

Then I take it you don't need your autism bux either.

It's not even about helping other people. It's about knowing that you have actual real-life skills and assets beyond "I can pwn the n00bs in GTA."

I actually work a menial job, thank you very much. Obama wanted to take muh gunz for being on the gibsmedat. I don't pretend I do it "for society" though. I do it for profit, the same reason my employer hired me. We operate purely on the basis of our own self interests. Any contribution to anyone else is incidental and regrettable.

For what purpose? My interest in real world skills and assets is only as they being me pleasure as fouth order goods on the road to more vidogeimus. Do you believe they hold some intrinsic value over virtual skils and assets?

What about having the skills necessary to exploit others and extract advantages and benefits from them?

I'll never have a qt clown gf. FUCK

What advantages and benefits could I extort from them? My job pays barely above minimum wage and I still want for little. Really my only major expenses aside from subsistence are sporadic PC components and anime merchandise. I've run the numbers on changing my lifestyle to ultimately exert less effort and have more time for muh vidogeimus and nothing ends up in my favor. Also live in qt meidos are quite expensive.

This world truly is shrouded in darkness.

>If I file a patent
You cannot file a PATENT. You can only file a patent APPLICATION.

And there is no certainty it will be granted. Normally only 50 percent of all filed applications are granted.

How you measure yourself is irrelevant. What counts is how others measure your worth. And that does not sound like much.

>contributes nothing of any real value to society.
cringe

>patent
You want a trademark, and you wouldn't get it.

>I actually work a menial job, thank you very much.
Wouldn't be any jobs at all without a society, either.

That's not how patents work. You're thinking of a trademark.
And you can be dead sure Microsoft already has the trademark.

They're more likely to eventually drop the number and turn the current version into rolling release

>We operate purely on the basis of our own self interests. Any contribution to anyone else is incidental.

100% agree with this.

> He thinks getting a job is the proper way to exploit others.
That's not exploiting, that's being exploited. Use your imagination, you cuck.

You don't patent names, you patent concepts. You need an actual invention, not a simple name. The system for dealing with names is trademarks, and Microsoft has a trademark on the name Windows, at least within the context of operating systems.

Also, the USPTO will reject a mark that creates too much confusion with an existing product.

>patent
>for a trademark