Copyrighted Code

I just saw, that a piece of code that I sold to someone a few months ago, is being used by someone else to make money.
First thing tomorrow, I will go to a lawyer and sue them.
I explicitly wrote in the header of the code that the code is copyrighted and licensed to the one that paid me.
Did you have any similar situations. Do I have any chances to win anything out of this?

Attached: f50.jpg (794x794, 184K)

Kill yourself, frogposter scum.

>I just saw, that a piece of code that I sold to someone a few months ago, is being used by someone else to make money.
How did you find out?

>How did you find out?
It's a rich media ad that I sold to one company, and the intermediate link, the website that the ad was placed, took my code, changed the pictures, and now it advertises a different company.
it even has the same id names I uses in the code and most likely it also has my license somewhere hidden in the code. I haven't checked thoroughly

>rich media ad
Jesus. And I thought it was something cool. Refer to this post

thanks man.
I am an FPGA developer doing my M.Sc. on VLSI and analog VLSI and try to make it through expenses during my M.Sc.,by doing whatever pays locally.

I should've been a wage slave in McDonald's or something similar, according to Jow Forums.... that would've been better.

>VLSI
Well that is cool as shit. You're redeemed in my eyes. But I still think making ads is pathetic.

>ad
you are evil and should die

>you are evil and should die
I just provided them with a css alternative to boring gifs.
css animation is great and fast, compared to that javashit that many shietes still use.

It's an eye candy to the viewer.
(those are not adsese ads)

Killing yourself is the only way to regain your honor.

How did you find out some random 3rd party was using your work?

Nevermind, saw

it is literally used on the same website that my work was hosted, but now it has another firm's logos.

from what I know there are 3 parties involved in this.
The advertised company, which has nothing to do with me and I know that it's not their fault. I will sue them but only to create the needed noise. I will not ask them for anything.
The company that owns the website, which is the ones that I will target, since I told them that the code belongs to the client.
and ofc the guy that changed my code, I know his name and I know that he has been fucking my work from the beginning.

Unless there was a proprietary software license embedded in the program, anyone has the right to use your software and monetize from it.

based

That's not how copyright works. "All rights reserved" is the default state of every piece of code. You have to explicitly waive some of those rights (BSD, GPL, even normal EULAs) for anyone but you to be permitted to use it.

>Do I have any chances to win anything out of this?
That's what the lawyer is for. But at the very least you can probably get the third party to quit using your shit.

>Unless there was a proprietary software license embedded in the program
that's exactly what I said.
I explicitly wrote in the header that my code is licensed by me to the one that paid me, and I grant that company the right to use it, in this case advertise his company, to whichever platform he wanted. Also I gave him rights to modify the code if he wanted.
Now my code is used from a completely different company to advertise someone else.

How much do you charge anyway? I’m working on small project but my workload is too big. Would you be interested in tuning and implementing a Bayesian inference model?

>Also I gave him rights to modify the code if he wanted.

That's where you fucked up. You probably wont win in court

>Also I gave him rights to modify the code if he wanted.
oof

It's immoral to make code proprietary in the first place. Zoomers won't get this.

Dumb goy poster.

tell that Microsoft, Google, IBM, Facebook, Apple, ...