Arch is not so hard

Why is everyone saying that Arch is so hard to install? I mean its nothing like LFS... You just have to enter a few commands and done.

Attached: archlinux1.png (419x300, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

git.archlinux.org/arch-install-scripts.git/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because no one actually heeds the legitimate advice of installing gentoo
They'd know it's easy otherwise.

Arch isn't hard until it breaks
Gentoo is much easier than Arch in the long term

>not spending 3 years configuring your tiling wm lua script
wow do you even linux

So the cool Kids now run Gentoo or what?

it's as if arch users are brainlets and they just gained a new member

plan 9

Attached: 1519416341479.jpg (1182x486, 251K)

retarded distro, small user base, all faggots with papers. that's all about arch

>install a distro idolized by redditors
>surprised when even a brainlet could use it
this

Attached: c4b.png (1465x1007, 67K)

>small user base
But that's not true.

Attached: 1522126691331.jpg (1024x768, 398K)

small dicks

>systemd

Attached: 1517202844298.png (383x321, 25K)

>Arch is not so hard

Attached: Arch redditors.png (851x942, 184K)

>redditors can't read a wiki

lol every distro's subreddit reads like that lmao

the absolute state of gahnoo slash loonix

I don't understand this. As long as you're not a complete retard, Arch is easy as fuck. Redditors truly are the lowest form of life.

>You just have to enter a few commands and done.
yAckshually you just have to run the official install scripts

git.archlinux.org/arch-install-scripts.git/

How do I break Arch?

Because partitioning without a GUI is dumb, ESPECIALLY when doing so on a drive that already has data on it for another OS.

That's why. Nobody wants to fuck with that. There's really no good reason that Arch doesn't have a complete GUI install like Manjaro does anyway. It's just raw elitism.

>a drive that already has data on it for another OS
so do it in that OS udindu

pacman -Sy

kek

This. Switching to Plan 9 is like that magical moment when you finally accept all aspects of your love-hate relationship with computers. You realize no matter how you see it, every software sucks, so you might as well use the lightest functional OS, and you've just found it. Then you go to IRC and dedicate the rest of your week to post some flaming rants on the cat -v channel. Also, accepting that love-hate relationship with computers will make you finally do something productive (that's why Plan 9 doesn't have a JunkScript-compatible browser btw, for all you underage morons).

Anyway, Arch is total shit. The most poser-tier, pathetic, retarded distro.

It's hard to install if you're afraid of the command line, which, let's face it, most people are. For some reason they've concluded, despite using text literally every day, that a textual interface is too difficult for them to use.

>New package upgrade breaks something
>echo "IgnorePkg = $pkgname" >> /etc/pacman.conf
>Wait 1-3 days.
>Comment out lines.
>sudo pacman -Syyu
>Profit.

Attached: screenshot.jpg (1366x768, 104K)

>Using a distro where a broken update takes days to get fixed
>Using a distro where a broken update can happen
I shiggy diggy

The irony of manjaro being a no good thieving nigger

>Gentoo is much easier than Arch in the long term
how so?

You can get ArchLinux to run, but wait until it crashes because of some unknown reason when you want to do something other than browse Jow Forums.

>update
>still works

I partition with fdisk because I'm not a brainlet.

>disconnect vital data harddrive
>install os on a clean ssd

What's the fucking problem? use your fucking head you dumb ass. It's 2018 you don't need to make your configuration complex.

Literally 1 partition on a 120gb ssd or more, and you can run Linux, reconnect your hard drives that you were so afraid of screwing over.

>not checking arch site before every upgrade.

Attached: 1531355819431.jpg (645x729, 49K)

I've been waiting for 8 years and three different computers. When is it going to happen, user?

Gentoo has stable packages by default

same for me, since 2014

-u?

If you think Arch is hard, you're just stupid

Which do u use

its "hurd" because the retards that install it actually try to read the mess of the wiki they have
of course everyone praises them when they just include complete random commands in non-sequence with no explanation for retards
and when they fuck something up, its because "arch is hard lole"

friendly reminder to document your changes and back up your data
not that i'd ever run into trouble not knowing what the fuck i've done to set up my machine especially when it comes to reinstalling on a new drive

it was hard for me to find a proper tutorial that doesn't use some outdated commands
and even the one that did work I still had to troubleshoot some shit for
t. babby installed Arch as first lunix and likes it very very much

did u mean -Syu

imbeciles are saying:
- it's not stable
- you waste time using it because you rice everything if you use arch linux
some cunts probably tried it and when failed at reading simple step-by-step instructions, in frustration pulled off power cable, cried for the rest of the day realizing that they're brainlets...
Then, fell into illusion that it's not their fault, but arch linux's fault. Comes here and makes dumb posts complaining about arch linux, how it's not working, how you waste time on it, etc, etc...

tl;dr use whatever makes you do your job and don't post here about your OS for virtual faggot points. This is not reddit.