Will smoking weed help me be a better programmer?

I'm a freshman at uni and lots of other people in my class smoke weed while doing their assignments because they say it helps their creativity, what does Jow Forums think of this? Are these guys legit, or just retarded cucks?

Attached: marijuana_smoke_comp.jpg (350x223, 21K)

they are degenerate liars.
only psilocybin rich mushrooms and lsd help

Don't know about weed, but drinking whiskey while I program laser-focuses my mind for some reason.

Do they really? Some kid said he shows up to class high on different drugs occasionally to see things from a different perspective

Drinking is the only thing that helped me

No
Only meth will make you a more productive member of society

Like adderall?

Every time I try to be productive I end up getting distracted. Weed makes me seek comfort, otherwise I try to be productive

Only degenerates do drugs

most weed users are some low IQ degenerates.
those who are smart and use weed, do it for reasons to fit in with the cool guys, because they are mostly nerds.
Weed decreases your will to work and makes you lazy as fuck.
the only useful drug is caffeine.
other drugs that make you sleep less are mostly useful, so you will code more and sleep less, but those are beneficial to the people that have some physical work to do too.

If there were drugs for not being lazy or being smarter, believe me, everyone would've been using it to UP their SATs.

Exactly, all the stoners I know are border line retarded NPCs.

>If there were drugs for not being lazy or being smarter, believe me, everyone would've been using it to UP their SATs.

There are, and many students who wish to excel/are in extremely competitive environments use them.

Current junior CS major CE minor fag reporting. Smoking weed will add +2 to your Charisma, that sounds pretty gay but honestly look around your CS classes. In my experience being surrounded by spergs wearing sonic the hedgehogs hats means you can stand out to professors by just being not being a fucking weirdo. Smoking weed will help you in social situations, personally for me it is nice after hours of coding to smoke and sometimes something I didn’t think of adding to the code will just click. Outside of that though, don’t get super habitual with your pot intake because god damn it really does dull everything in your life if you use it too much. But, take LSD and shrooms faggot those are the only things that will actually “change your perspective”. Pro tip when buying shrooms from drug dealers, in my experience call them “boomers” and you won’t get ripped off because you will sound like you know what you are talking about. ABOVE ALL, moderation is key you cocksucker; if you can handle drugs they will better you, but it’s real easy fall out of balance and fuck you’re head up. So don’t be a faggot, faggot

You probably won't finish uni if you do.

what are stimulants and nootropics

you can program w/ weed but its not recommended
alcool is the worst tho

Like what? caffeine, adderall, vyvanse?

Why would I cast pearls to swine and tell you?

Take CBD oil instead

>Are these guys legit, or just retarded cucks?
Neither.

THC will mess with short term memory. The task of programming is about keeping all the APIs, state, setup, modules, etc of a program in your head aka short term memory. THC might help with design or inspiration, but you will have to fight against it when it comes time to actually write code.

weed makes it harder to think critically. Thinking critically is key to programming or anything complex. The only thing stoners do is listen to music, play video games or watch tv and eat hamburgers.

What is it that attracts so many retard spergs?I had one guy in a class a while ago that wore the same clothes everyday, hand a giant bottle of mountain dew every class, and smelled like shit everyday. Then there's the kids that wear sonic shit like you said, the ones that look like school shooters, and occasionally you'll get a chad or just normal type dude.

>he does anything besides using heroin recreationally

Attached: 1524150979813.png (1046x716, 751K)

>can't concentrate on weed
>can't think on weed
>stereotypes about weed
You're all brainlets who don't even deserve to be corrected. Just as bad as stoner culture.

Wanna gamble on schizophrenia OP?

All my room mates are stoners and this is literally all they do. I'll leave for class and they'll be smoking weed watching the same cartoon for the hundredth time, come back they'll be pigging out on cheese burgers laughing about a fart or something then just fall asleep with mustard stains all over the place.

Those don't make you smarter, you are just more energetic for a short period of time and then you feel completely ruined.

For example, you can take speed and study the whole lexikon and then win your spelling bee. It won't increase your brain's capacity, it will offer you the opportunity to work more instead of sleeping.

Being healthy though, can help you go 1-2 days without sleep.

Neutropics and those

Don’t complain about it, it is what it is. Embrace it, being surrounded by spergs just means it’s so much easier for a relatively normal student to stand out to professors. I’ve gotten a couple research projects out of professors by just not being a complete faggot. Use your environment to your advantages

Smoking weed won't help you do anything better.

There was a kid at my uni who went full schizo after he dropped acid a couple times and had to be put into an institution. I kind of wonder what ever happened to him after that.

You sound like a fun guy user. How’s being a lonely faggot ?

I smoked weed on and off for over 25 years. I know what weed is and isn't. The only justified reason you should program while stoned is that you are to addicted to go without.

Found the boomer

I feel way more interested in code and experimental while high

>t. brain dead degenerate stoner

he's right tho and so is

having gay sex is not the kind of experimental we need you faggot

Weed is completely stupid for coding. Creativity when programming still requires a lot of logical thinking and attention to details, it's not like writing a poem or something.

Based

I was born 8 years to late to qualify as a boomer.

>tfw high as fuck from vaping wax
only had 1 hit but im monged

Do you think those guys will end up failing out?

>being this inept

They won't make it past the first year.

I don't know, but they would definitely do better if they stopped smoking that much. They can still make it if they are evry smart or the course is very easy, but the weed doesn't make it easier.

Based and redpilled

Only drugs that actually help are psychedelics amphetamines Ritalin and caffeine

MAGA

Attached: 1497896615792.jpg (1440x1440, 234K)

Stfu, every sperg thinks that because they can write a hello world and drop a tab of acid they will be the next steve jobs or some shit

The latter 2 are way overkill.

No it will not. Weed will make you a degenerate NEET.

I'm not saying you should program on LSD or any psychedelics, but those substances can help you understand shit better and give you new perspectives you wouldn't normally see.
>caffeine and Ritalin
I agree

My bad I meant amphets and ritalin. Caffeine is about as hard of a stimulant as you can ingest before you start hurting yourself and racking up an energy debt

>Doing things that you enjoy make you an addict.
Really makes you think.
Smoking weed while programming is like listening to music while programming. If you're basically an NPC, yeah, you might have a harder time concentrating.

this but the opposite

Attached: asdf.jpg (480x360, 9K)

No, absolutely not. You can be a good programmer /despite/ using marijuana, but in no way will it make you better. I smoke weed personally, and I'd never lbe stoned at a job during work hours. I also took a full month break from marijuana to hone my skills before interviewing for my current job. I honestly think it's irresponsible that some companies allow and even encourage drinking during the day.

No. Adderall might though

Not really
I find caffeine more addictive than both of those
Don't binge it and keep the doses below 30 mg and you're fine

do companies drug test?

no they're stupid, writing quality code is different from enjoying the code you write.

That feeling when those are illegal in my country :"^)

It's more addictive because it's casual enough to slip into everyday life without serious impact. Same reason there's more people who smoke weed every day than drink every day. The damage and side effects of it mitigate the habit

Also with the right dose it will not make you awake but it mostly only will increase your focus
With the doses I take I can sleep no problem
How ever amphetamine sleep isn't normal sleep

ballmer peak

Yeah I know
I used to smoke cigs when I was like 18yo
But that only lasted 7 days
Nicotine is unbelievably addictive desu
I'm never touching tobacco ever again

I got hooked on nicotine over the summer, I didn't understand what addiction was like till that happened. Never again lol.

Got hooked and can't quit, pretty pathetic I know.

just throw it all out. thats what i did, it was hard but i eventually just stopped.

My "cold turkey" only lasted 2 days
But I didn't really got hooked on it

I was a stoner when I started my computer engineering degree. First semester went fine. Second semester not so much.
My conclusion was that it made complex tasks - that require a long train of thought - too difficult. Any stoner will tell you the "makes you more creative" thing is a meme.

I have shown up to work high almost everyday since maybe the 2nd or 3rd week of my current job lol.

What is your current job?

My friend is a trader and they have a bar at work. I think it's bad, but maybe the company thinks those guys would kill themselves otherwise or something.

Stoners are complete idiots most of the time

THC does alter the way you think and "creativity" IMO is not false advertising but your mileage may vary

Software Developer for a mid sized company.

THC is ok for things that don't require much logical thinking, if you don't overdo it you can tell a good joke or maybe write a song, but not something like programming.

Lift and Exercise that will make everything better. Stop taking the path of least resistance like a fucking goon.

Only an idiot would think that getting high and then trying to write good code would be a good idea.

No, it doesn't help creativity. It damages short and medium term memory and hinders the left-brained analytical brain activity required to put whatever creativity you have to any actual use.

People who say it helps with creativity and programming are likely covering for their degenerate habit.
Not that there's anything wrong with weed in the right place and time.

I program stoned 5 days a week. The only time it helps is if you are angry/fustrsted. Otherwise i dont think it helps

Weed isn't the problem. Like everything else its a dosage problem. It's really easy to smoke too much and then be out of commission from being as productive as you might be.
If you are doing mind numbing programming it doesn't do harm, but if your trying to solve complex issues it really is a flip of the coin. I've had many breakthroughs with my programs while high and sometimes I get nowhere.
t. Stoner.

Ok Jow Forums, gonna share a Trucker secret. You want to work harder and be more alert? Primatine Tablets. NOT the inhaler. Contains psuedoepedrene, which dialates the capillaries in your lungs, sending more oxygen to your brain. Seriously, it wakes you up and focuses your attention, yet you could go to sleep if you wanted to. States have started cracking down on it as they can use it to make meth, but you should still be able to buy it. Thank me later with titties! Oh, and weed DOES unmotivate you, but it definitely makes you more creative. Combine these two...

Attached: Primatine Tablets.jpg (450x450, 50K)

Smoking weed won't help you be a better anything lol

Fuck no
>t. Smoked a lot, most productive when I'm clean

no

it will make you more creative, but won't make you a better programmer in terms of following the rules.

Thats illegal

I've found that if I stay up past 4am I become way more productive until I sleep. I can extend this for as long as I need and the only downside is me making retarded mistakes and feeling a bit groggy

My secret is jacking off four times daily, it really puts me in the right state of mind for programming

Attached: Brothers.jpg (600x400, 47K)

Smoking methamphetamine with carburetor cleaner helped me learn Assembly, and I started out knowing batch.
Take that into mind.

Exact same thing. When I get a litte tipsy, I get laser focused, I clean the home, get all my paperwork done, finish uni assignments, and code like Terry.

Just so long as I don't get drunk.

what about cocaine? Anyone tried to program on cocaine?

you sound like a nigger

see that makes me want to nap, same with weed unless i micro dose through the day

i really like 25-50mg modafinil right, that and a bit of caffiene is golden. a little kratom doesn't hurt but you dont want to end up jittery

Smoking weed won't make you a better anything.

This. In fact it will male you so complacent you'll start to get brain rot, literally.

hello LEA cocaine & programming dont mix at all IME

retards, you'll be good at programming if you have some natural affinity for it or you work really hard to get it, smoking or drinking won't help you be any better at it

Wrong first off, these tablets contain ephedrine not sudafed. Also, goodluck buying that shit it's over the counter, but you have to ask.

Marijuana seems like a bad habit to get into regularly, especially if you're using it to cope with stress, which I suspect is a large part of why people in your classes are actually using it. My next door neighbor lost her job a couple months ago and she cries constantly about how she can't smoke weed anymore because otherwise she'll fail the drug tests. She spends at least a full hour per day screaming about inane things like her apartment being messy, people beating her in Fortnite, or being angry that she can't smoke weed. I've heard her repeat numerous times that the first thing she's going to do once she gets a new job is to buy more weed.