Is it a botnet?

Is it a botnet?
Will it complain once I start filling it with epub to mobi converted e-books?
Will it sync with my Amazon account?

I'm planning on buying the cheapest Kindle model (I don't read nearly as much to consider a Paperwhite let alone an Oasis), 'cuz I've heard it is worth it.
But I've got a small library of e-books I plan to read already and they are in epub djvu and pdf format, will Kindle give me a hard time for that?

And, does anybody know of a site where I can legally buy DRM-free e-books? I'd rather avoid the hassle of having to de-DRM and store that copy on my hard drive every time I buy a book from Amazon.

Attached: amazon-kindle-paperwhite-7-gen-luz-wifi-e-book-D_NQ_NP_928098-MLA26522335738_122017-F.jpg (1000x1000, 127K)

>Will it sync with my Amazon account?
That right there is the only question you asked that I can guarantee the answer is yes without speculative reasoning. Yes, it will sync with your Amazon account.

As to whether or not they’ll notice suspicious shit going on and do something about it is an entire different question.

Don'y buy books from amazon. Just download "free" epubs.

if not going for the paperwhite/eink then there's no reason not to just get a cheap tablet and use calibre

>Is it a botnet?

i believe you answered your own question

just get something else, there are plenty of viable alternatives to a kindle

Keep it in Airplane mode and use calibre and epubs that you download

Wait, so the 8th Gen Kindle doesn't have an e-ink screen?

I don't know, I do know that not all kindles are e-ink. so make certain before you buy if that's the reason you're getting a kindle

>Amazon Swindle
I hope you dont mind amazon curating your personal library.

All regular Kindles are e-ink. What you're referring to is Crap-azon's Fire Tablet line.

you make it sound they have several non e-ink models, it's just the kindle fire which is soon to be discontinued garbage

ok, I stand corrected. gonna sit back down now

i have one of the older ones with the full keyboard, it takes pirated epubs calibre-converted to mobi just fine
just remember amazon is the cia, so don't put books about getting rid of the deep state or sabotaging opium production on it and you'll be fine

>reading e-books
a meme

sorry not all of us do a monthly dumpster dive behind half price books

it's way harder to steal physical books

lol @ using inferior kindle

Attached: kindle_vs_onyx.jpg (3522x2314, 1.99M)

Its already been confirmed as botnet? why do you even need to ask the question? Do you think anything from Amazon is actually remotely not CIA nigger tech?

meh i use one it's fine, I buy stuff thats new like computer books and fill it with with pirated shit and it's fine

problem with the boox stuff is that it's expensive as hell

I have owned a kindle for over 5 years I use it on a weekly basis I have never turned on the wifi

Buy a Kindle and leave the wifi turn off without login into an account. /thread

>Is it a botnet?
Yes
You have to link it to your amazon account in order to use it

>Will it complain once I start filling it with epub to mobi converted e-books?
No

Not if you keep the wifi turned off :^)

But seriously, I have one of these, and it's not too bad. Had to botnet it up for the initial activation, but after that I just deleted the wifi login so it can't connect, put it into airplane mode, and have left airplane mode on the entire time I've had it. You can put books on it over USB, including amazon-bought books with DRM still on (pick the "transfer via my computer" option instead of the magical skynet cloud sync bullshit).

I have a Kindle keyboard, never used the wifi functionality, just copying books from my PC via USB.
After some jailbreaking it can now also read epubs (without DRM) as well.

You absolutely do not have to link it with your Amazon account for it to work. I just bought a used one, did a factory reset, and it works great with Calibre without ever going online or providing Amazon credentials.

I think some of the older ones would let you bypass it, but the one I've got would not do shit until I gave it wifi and login info

Even with wifi sync on it still works with pirated works.

>$500+ product is better than $80 product
Who could have expected a delta of over $400 could imply a better ebook reader

just put it in airplane mode and forget about it, it's not like you have to let it connect

this

my (relatively recent, late 2017) kindle made me register my amazon account to it.

just don't turn on wifi. . .
get an sd card and keep everything there

??? But you save so much when you pirate(which you probably do anyway)
kek actually it was $350 new plus a case.

>??? But you save so much when you pirate(which you probably do anyway)
>you pirate anyways so you can waste hundreds of dollars on something that brings you barely any pros compared to the cheapest one
>it was $350
oh well that completely changes it now it's just $280 more expensive

This. Like wtf are you doing with your life bro. Books are free nowadays.

But I'm already pirating on the dinky kindle.

It runs Android. That alone makes it worth the extra price. You can change the built in reader app to another if you want. Or use it for other uses than just reading. You can sideload apps on it or write your own. It also has a microSD slot for more storage. It has a stylus for writing on PDFs(which you can export with your markings), highlighting or note taking. That makes it more viable for using large PDFs or reading manga. Not to mention that it's a 10 inch reader vs a 6 inch reader like the kindle. The extra screen real estate makes it way more comfortable to read PDFs at almost ANSI or A4 size. It's worth the extra money for the extra features.

>It runs Android
how does it help you reading ebooks.
>That alone makes it worth the extra price.
fuck no
>You can change the built in reader app to another if you want.
what for? the one the kindle has is perfectly fine especially at that price point
>Or use it for other uses than just reading
mate, i buy an ebook reader to read
>You can sideload apps on it or write your own.
nice if i wanted a tablet with an eink screen i'd get one
>It also has a microSD slot for more storage.
this is actually something useful for once but not worth nearly 300 bucks
>It has a stylus for writing on PDFs
same as the previous point
>reading manga
how? the only thing that makes it more viable for reading manga is the bigger screen
>Not to mention that it's a 10 inch reader vs a 6 inch reader like the kindle
ie the above, and it's still horrible in regards of the price differential and additionally it adds bulk
>It's worth the extra money for the extra features.
yes if you actually needed them
for anyone else it's just bloat that makes you waste tons of money

Well, yeah, of course it works
But with wifi on, it also syncs your reading progress to amazon's servers. So somewhere in amazon's infinite database will be a line with your name and the hash of a pirated file, just waiting for them to decide they want to fuck you with it.