Tor 0day

Attached: 1536686201005.jpg (960x960, 89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

knowyourmeme.com/photos/785104-reddit
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

big if true

There aint a fucking 0day, but I got this in an email from a security mailing list i'm on.

Attached: bugtraq.png (1030x1298, 327K)

cant you post a technical article instead of a pol thread where nobody has any idea of what they're talking about?
I guess that picture kinda shows that you're too retarded to do it though.

wouldn't a live usb of tails negate this?

>0day
>fixed two days ago
lmao, even i on esr52 got the "legacy" noscript mitigation version yesterday morning

People actually still believe the silk road admin got caught because of a tor exploit?

Reported late 2017 and fixed in a few days
See the image file posted above

its literally another JS exploit. and even after all this time they still wont disable it by default. really makes you tink.

>automount
>not using a fake directory tree
only affects NPCs

>only affects NPCs
Go and be 12 years old somewhere else

>another vulnerability that affects fagOS and Loonix but not Windows
wew lad

Yes. This problem relies on a classic problem with using Tor in a browser in that it's just that - through a browser. The Tor website clearly state that you need to be careful and be aware that metadata from other applications may create or respond to connections triggered by web browsing by themselves, therefore bypassing the proxy on the webbrowser and using your naked IP. This is a very subtle instance of the problem, as it's pointed out it's the kernel that makes the connection. If your system was configured to direct all traffic through Tor then this exploit would be meaningless to you. None the less though it is interesting that disabling Javascript doesn't fix it in the first place.

Windows doesn't have this problem.

Who the fuck doesn't disable javascript in about:config tho?

Only because it doesn't have something as good as NFS in the first place.

Besides, not really worth boasting about immunity for a specific (and now fixed) exploit when it's Windows that spies on you with built in features. Good luck using Tor properly on something like that.

>as good as NFS
>NFS
>good
Did they just defrost you?

>technical issue
>links to/pol/ shitposting
And then people claim half the shitposting doesn't come from that failed containment board. Do a proper link or go back.

This is why Jow Forums needs to be deleted.

windows is the problem...

People who use websites from after the 90's

>t. someone who doesn't do anything interesting with their devices
I'm currently using NFS to play music on a hifi audio server while keeping the music stored on my desktop's HDD. It works flawlessly and there isn't a better tool that exists for the job. Go back to your Google drive, pleb.

Are you joking? It's the best board here. Where else do you find interesting shit like

Any good .onion site wont use js because they know of its vulnerabilities.

> Tor Browser version 7.0.8
> 7.0.8
> released October 25 2017
> hacky patch was implemented to mitigate this vulnerability a couple days later
> proper patch only recently applied to vanilla firefox recently hence shitstorm
> doesn't affect tails
wow it's fucking nothing

Oh, fairs, I thought you were referring to disabling it there as an alternative to noscript for general browsing.

...um, news sites...

/news/ is shit.

I had to update from this version yesterday, I don't trust the downloads.

>I had to update from this version yesterday, I don't trust the downloads.
wait, you were using a year old piece of software with multiple confirmed public vulnerabilities rather than "risking" the possibility of a newer objectively more secure version having a backdoor? that's... stupid. keep your software updated.

I think you need to stop using Jow Forums for a while

god damn its hard to read through that thread without wanting to kill myself

Attached: npc_brainlet.png (264x274, 23K)

>mainstream media

good goy

This was fun.

Attached: net neutrality.gif (1260x6666, 2.81M)

>for linux and macos
BTFO.

windows 10 and edge had several bad cifs vulnerabilities

I just use samba myself.

Yea, which is shit compared to nfs. Do any research on file sharing across a local network and all tutorials will tell you to use NFS if all the machines, and samba only if you have to.

The first thing you do with tor browser is disable Javascript anyway. You can't mix Javascript with privacy.

Back to Jow Forums then where OPs link mainstream media news like Man, you guys are so smart.

>edge
literally nobody uses edge for anything other than downloading the Firefox installer.

How often do you download then

That guy is a fucking asshole for leaving in all that reddit garbage and posting it on Jow Forums. Should have tailored it to the audience.

>tailored to the audience
>reddit garbage
user...

Because people are retards. Nothing nefarious would exist via tor if the feds could figure a way to easily exploit people who use it for criminal activities.

The feds rely on the fact people make stupid mistakes, lucky breaks on their part, malware (e.g. tricking people into opinion excel files that will ping their IP) and manipulative social engineering.

It obviously isn't foolproof, but tor is relatively safe granted you aren't a retard and the feds don't have a reason to chase after you in the first place.

Lmao npc fucking salty cunt

I think you just proved his point

about:config?filter=javascript.enabled :^)

it's because of those websites you disable JS

how hard is it to include this as a bookmark, jeeze

Holy shit that firefox portion

>a bug in a shitty tinfoil addon is a "tor 0 day"
The absolute fucking state of the internet.

Wouldnt mind telling me what mailing list that is? Seems very concise and useful.

I'm interested too

Why are you directing people to your home board

>tor zero-day
>browser JS garbage

meanwhile

>still no ADL-GCM

>pol
lol

what, frogposting? there's already a site out there for you.

Attached: f63.jpg (396x382, 41K)

>I think you need to stop using Jow Forums for a while
h-how?

>tor 0day
>is actually a NoScript exploit that works in every browser

Attached: NoScript-10-WebExtension-para-Firefox-57.png (1433x930, 250K)

Kek, look at this newfag. These are filenames from knowyourmeme. You just outed yourself boyo.

>knowyourmeme.com/photos/785104-reddit
good spotting
how did you know that tho

tor != tor browser , you degenerate dumb neets.

Guessing by the filename, BugTraq.

>exploit reached end of life w/ the release of Tor-browser 8.
Not relevant then

Nice

Hmm... seems legit.

Attached: 1507232144136.jpg (640x480, 179K)

Ohshit