/old/ Old Tech General

Post old tech and discuss

Attached: IMG_20180911_164843.jpg (2976x3968, 3.14M)

Attached: IMG_20180911_164924.jpg (3968x2976, 2.95M)

After tomorrow...

Attached: iphone-x-notch.jpg (1200x695, 122K)

Do you know if it works? That would be worth snagging an AC adapter for.

I'll have to check the power requirements first but I probably have something.

doubt it would be worth it.... I remember seeing it on "Call for help" with leo, which ended like 14 years ago... So its probably a Pentium M centrino. Add in the dead battery, and its basically a paperweight. I mean you could tether it to an outlet and use it as a desktop, but why bother? A $50 computer on craigslist would be considerably faster.

I still use my N800 for SSH (got 2 of them). It's pretty much useless for anything else, even as a music player. Web browsing on it is basically impossible at this point.

Attached: nokia-n800-12.jpg (1024x653, 136K)

Attached: 2018-07-01-222207_1024x768_scrot.png (1024x768, 853K)

i remember the first time I saw this thing probably around 2005 i thought it was the coolest shit ever

I'm still rocking a logitech MX500 mouse from 2003... My PC is a refurbed workstation from 2013(Haswell i7)

Um... DAP is a Sansa View from 2006.

When my school finally replaced their C64s, one of the machines that they got was an RM tablet. At the time it felt like something from space, I'd never seen a computer so small.

Attached: download (1).jpg (268x188, 6K)

Depending on what model TC1x00 it's either Transmeta or PM-based, either way it's a pretty neat little system and a great example of an archetypal tablet PC.
>why bother? A $50 computer on craigslist would be considerably faster.
Why do you morons always seem to think that people in old tech threads are using shit like this as their primary facebook machine or otherwise own it because they think it's fast/modern? We all have new systems for everyday use.

Bringing back memories of my n900

Huh It still works. The pen seems dead though.

Attached: IMG_20180911_173029.jpg (2976x3968, 2.48M)

It might have an internal battery that needs to be changed/recharged, I never remembered how those things worked.

Is it a T1000 or T1100?

I was thinking of picking one of those up just to mess with, maybe reading the news with an RSS feed scraper I've finally gotten to work on pretty much anything.

Attached: IIInews.jpg (1280x1280, 185K)

Not sure... Give me a little bit to load a live iso to see what hardware it has. I have no idea what it's password is. It was last booted in 2009 it seems.

Sweet. I have an old journada somewhere...

Why do you morons glorify a budget shit-tier COMPAQ from over a decade ago? Its one thing to look back glowingly at the Origami or OQO, or even the Viao P. But a shitty compaq that was considered low-end for the time?

Iv got an original Palm pilot(with the Up/Down buttons as individual keys) in my closet, along with a ton of the accessories. Fun to play around with, frustrating cause the memory was volatile. In the batteries died(and the 'backup' button cell is also dead) you lose all your data.

T1000

>old tech
>posts old software
kek, how do you fail this easy?

It's now software on old tech.

My C64, photographed in February 2015.

Attached: DSCN0850.jpg (4896x3672, 3.65M)

That sucks, it looks like it has the original OEM image on it too.
If it were mine I'd probably throw a new XP Tablet install on it, pull a TPC2002/2005 MSDN volume image from an archive and a volume key from pastebin or something and you should be golden. I think HP should still have all the drivers you need too.
Fuck yeah. I probably use my 548 more than any of my other handhelds, tethered to a UMPC running Mocha PPP. Pocket Exploder outright crashes if you try to access most websites from it nowadays but if you feed it the right content it's not really bad at all. The higher resolution definitely kicks the shit out of monochrome Palms.
>budget shit-tier COMPAQ
Do you even know what you're looking at or are you just going off the Compaq name that HP slapped on just about anything? TC1x00s were decently expensive and their specifications weren't really that out of the ordinary among tablet PCs at that time. They're hardly just a random mass-market shitbox like a Presario or low-end HP Compaq business laptop.
>Fun to play around with, frustrating cause the memory was volatile. In the batteries died(and the 'backup' button cell is also dead) you lose all your data.
Yeah, you gotta hotsync those frequently, even then you can still get fucked. I've got a Pilot and an IBM WorkPad (rebadged Pilot Pro) that I get out every once and a while. Still make great dedicated PIMs and trying to work with the limited memory for things like web browsing can be a fun challenge.

Attached: 548news.jpg (696x1280, 96K)

Was my dad's. He installed xubuntu on top of Windows (not actually dual booting, but I don't know how it works) to try to give it some more life (then promptly gave up on the device). Turns out I know that password. Sadly, I think the pen part is dead. Not just the pen but the component in the display. Surprisingly, the battery is functional but probably cannot hold much of a charge.

Attached: IMG_20180911_183409.jpg (2976x3968, 2.16M)

Beautiful

You forgot to blur your title bar, chris.

Newly aquired IBM 380D I got today for $20. The battery still works and all!

Attached: DSC_0139 1 (2).jpg (3722x4219, 2.57M)

Kek yup. Meh common name

Does it just not respond to the pen? I don’t own a TC1000 myself but I’ve used a couple later convertibles that only respond to pen input, so perhaps it’s similar for these.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the battery still had usable lifespan either, I have pretty good luck with stuff that recent.

Just going to post some Sony VAIO PCG-U1 & U3 here.

Attached: v5IouIt.jpg (4912x2760, 1.75M)

>dat thiccness

Attached: 1535922168901.jpg (700x473, 46K)

This device doesn't have touch. Just the pen. And sadly, it doesn't work.

Nice! Dat thicc booty tho

Maybe there's an empty battery in the pen?

Have to fit the twin drives in somehow after all!

Hmm maybe. AAAA battery so getting a replacement will take time unfortunately.

Forgot pic

Attached: DSC_0141 1.jpg (4296x2960, 2.78M)

>Existing battery voltage: 0.47
Yeah the battery in the pen is very dead.

You can get them on amazon

>that
>old tech
Really, OP?

This is the only actual thing in here that qualifies.

Anything pre-XP qualifies at this point.

Attached: DSC03008.jpg (1232x915, 217K)

>only things from my childhood are old! stop talking about anything else!
Shut the fuck up.

Even for dual-drive those PMMX 300s were thic as fuck, my 380D was pretty cozy.

- It's TC1x00
- The pen doesn't use a battery, it's a Wacom digitizer.
- Try booting some Ubuntu variant on it, it should support the digitizer out of the box

>it's a Wacom digitizer.
Those ones actually don’t, I was reading some PC mag reviews on them earlier that were shitting on them for it.

Buy yourself a bigger bed user, you are the only one here that deserves pussy.

What's a computer?

Attached: mpvshot0001.png (710x569, 717K)

I just checked - it's Wacom on the TC1100's (HP), but the older Compaq ones (TC1000) use a "FinePoint" one. Even more funky-dunky is that the TC1000 uses a Transmeta Crusoe CPU instead of a Pentium M