What laptops have touchpads that are comparable to the Macbook Pro?

What laptops have touchpads that are comparable to the Macbook Pro?

Attached: 1506810611807.jpg (1500x1000, 244K)

Other urls found in this thread:

a.co/d/ji0a0xw
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Macbook Pro

Is there really nothing?

Google Pixelbook

Why would you want such a garbage touchpad?

I can't stand other touch pads now, they all feel like shit. If you don't think their touch pads are the best then you're just being contrarian for the sake of it.

Honestly after using the macbook touchpad I'm not sure if I could go back to any other touchpad.

Just connect a mouse?

Macs have superior multitouch capabilities well integrated into the ui user. unfortunately you probably can't replicate this with windows and would probably take a very long time to tweak linux to match it.

Only mindless Apple drones use touchpads. Real professionals use the keyboard, or a trackpoint if they must interact with a non-terminal application.

You do you man, I can't use that gay shit after getting used to a track point.

i am a real professional who owns both a macbook and a thinkpad. the mac ui is far superior, I think you are really missing out desu

you're mom's anus hole

>If I'm gonna work, I'm gonna work ONLY my way!

t. NEET who has never worked a day in his life, be less obvious next time

Attached: Screenshot_20180902-030717_Clover~2.jpg (1100x736, 64K)

>no separate buttons for clicking, have to press the whole thing down
>scrolling requires two fingers
>max speed is still slower than any normal touchpad
It basically sucks on every level. Not to mention that they are using the same synaptics clickpad as any other garbage laptop, just with different drivers

>listing things that actually don't matter in real world usage

you could probably buy an apple bluetooth trackpad and use that, but really no.
Could suggest buying a 2015 mbp and installing linux on it if you don't want OSX, but the software is part of what makes the trackpad as comfy as it is.

>no seperate buttons for clicking

Tap with two fingers. Three finger tap I haven't tested.

Attached: 1506738504398.jpg (643x960, 256K)

This. I don't get why anyone thinks they're acceptable at all. Every notebook I've owned had had a more comfy touchpad than the apple notebooks that I've tried. They're just clunky.

>the mac ui is far supperior
>implying the thinkpad has a predefined ui
>desu
yep, that right there, is called a faggot

Why would I want to do a shitty gesture (which usually moves the mouse pointer) when I can just press the correct button on a good touchpad instead?

Three fingers is usually related to lookup or previews. That one I don't use that often

>what is opt+click
>what is vimium

>what is opt+click
Cancer
>what is vimium
Something that only easily memed people would ever want to touch

Apple having better than average trackpads is a meme. My two lenovo chromebooks have trackpads that feel no different to me other than the size. If anything, the chromebooks have superior trackpads because they are spill resistant, but a single drop of water can fuck your macbook pro trackpad.

All I've heard was Lenovo x1 carbon but I've not gotten the chance to test one yet

Why would I want to have the gigantic trackpad? I prefer being able to type without accidentally swiping on the trackpad.

I know that this is bait, but the MacBook trackpad works with haptic feedback and can sense varying layers of pressure. The trackpad doesn't even physically move.

It's made of glass, and is far smoother than shitty windows plastic trackpads.

the surface devices trackpads feel the same as mac ones but they are about half the size of the macbook pros

POO IN LOO

Attached: 1533031463687.jpg (622x767, 191K)

any computer can have that nice experience with a decent external trackpad
been using one for years
a.co/d/ji0a0xw

Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro

this
though if you really want it, cheaper sony vaio models had comparable (garbage) touchpad.
Also I often see mactoddlers jerking to random apple accessories so most of them end up buying apple trackpads. I have no idea wtf are they doing, they could get a cheaper wacom tablet which would be same multi-touch pad but with drawing tablet capabilities.

>Price: $349.99
This is even more insane than apple's magicShit

Anything with Windows precision trackpads is on par with the older non-force touch mac trackpads.
The new mac ones with force touch are absolute garbage, it's also an ergonomic nightmare since it tricks you into thinking its a button, but your finger joins will bear the brunt of the force of tapping onto a solid surface.

It's not 2012 anymore so any Ultrabook

Thinkpad track points are an utter meme, they used to be nice laptops other than that, but the track point technology was just a workaround for laptops having awful touchpads back then (case in point the completely unusable touchpads on the older thinkpads). I know you're probably some retard with vim keybinds everywhere who thinks he's "productive" while actually productive people use IDEs with a mouse

The Surface Book or whatever comes extremely close, but its meh in other regards

Nothing really comes close. But any that are microsoft precision touchpads will at least be functionally as good.

You won’t get the same touchpad experience with windows trackpads. Dells one is sticky garbage that breaks after a year of use, thinkpads is ok but also too small to be usable and razer’s one due to small actuation force for click constantly gets miss clicked while macbook even with comically large touchpad has the best palm rejection out there. You are also not getting os x sureriour gesture multitasking with windows.
Assblasted shitpads users.
>Not to mention that they are using the same synaptics clickpad as any other garbage laptop
WRONG, Apple holds patents for tpuchpads down to how glass is made and has its own haptic engine. You know AMD doesn’t make their chipbase themselves, they outsource their design to TSMC same way Apple doesn’t make themselves A chips but outsources production elsewhere based on their custom design, you sound a lot like a clueless /v/irgin. Rest of the post is garbage from someone who never used macbook.

>You are also not getting os x sureriour gesture multitasking with windows.
WTF is this meme? Please elaborate. I genuinely want to know what you mean by that.

The closest out there is any Precision-compatible trackpad since gestures are set by Microsoft rather than the device driver, but they’re still extremely stiff and nowhere near as fluid and natural as Apple’s.

macOS has its own built-in multitouch trackpad gestures.

Any touchpad has them. What exactly is different on mac?

Two-finger scrolling, pinch to zoom, pinch to rotate, three- or four-finger Mission Control gestures (view all windows, view app windows, show desktop, show Launchpad, switch desktops or full-screen applications), two-finger Notification Center edge-swipe, etc.

They work extremely well unlike stiff, clunky, unnatural Windows gestures. Up until a few years ago Windows trackpads were essentially crappy mouse emulators.

>Two-finger scrolling, pinch to zoom, pinch to rotate
This shit is common on any laptop
>three- or four-finger Mission Control gestures
This is just weird, using some obscure gestures instead of hotkeys. Though you should be able to set custom gestures if you really want.
>two-finger Notification Center edge-swipe, etc.
I guess no notificaton center means no gestures for it
> unlike stiff, clunky, unnatural Windows gestures
You are bullshitting
>Up until a few years ago Windows trackpads were essentially crappy mouse emulators.
My $300 samsung laptop from 2010 had superb touchpad with every gimmick mactards specify working perfectly (though I disabled this bullshit because no sane person wants it).

Surface Book

damn i miss my macbook. piece of shit logic board kept frying itself. fixed it once for $400. second time said fuck this shit. tried to open it up myself to fix it but noooppe fucked it all up lol. now i just use its harddrive in my PC. cant even sell it for parts for like $50 lol

t. never used macOS with a trackpad and doesn’t know the difference

It’s ok sweetie, just keep telling yourself all trackpads are bad because they suck shit on Windows.

t. assblasted mactoddler making shit up
Touchpads are completely fine on both windows and linux.

Reminder to report and hide the repetitive macshilling threads.

Attached: macshills.jpg (4500x3000, 1.6M)

ever used a mac with these features for a reasonable period of time? I'm betting no. I use windows, linux and macos on a daily basis. I can actually compare these things and you can't because you don't have the experience. the ui/ux on macos is superior that is all there is to it.

install a different window manager you pleb

>I use windows, linux and macos on a daily basis
No you are lying. Mactoddlers can't use windows because of apple vendor lock-in they fell for.
>I can actually compare these things
But instead you produce autistic screeches.
>the ui/ux on macos is superior that is all there is to it
This thread isn't about ui but whatever. It's not superior, it's just different. You can't use anything else because you fell for vendor lock-in, it's your own problem.

>you can't because you don't have the experience
Here's the rating of touchpads I have actually used
synaptics > wacom > apple > everything else > alps
You can't argue with it because you're clueless applel sheep.

Testing if t b h will get translate to desu
>desu

I'm sorry but what?
I mean, of all the weaknesses MacBooks have, you choose to go after one of its few strengths?
>inb4 muh springboard
Force touch trackpads don't have this problem. Ergo, not a single laptop Apple has ever released after 2014 has this problem.

> What laptops need touchpads that are comparable to the Macbook pro?
ftfy

>This thread isn't about ui but whatever.

Wait what, the trackpad ISN'T part of the USER INTERFACE, you know, what the user uses to interface with the system? Are you sure? Sounds kinda weird.

It's honestly a pretty impressive piece of technology. But I can't help but feel like a simpler solution is usually the better one.

I actually prefer my Dell XPS 15 9565's trackpad to any Mac's, personally.
The texture is very soft and offers a little more resistance (in a good way, not in a chinky chromebook kinda way), and thus I can be more precise.

But who knows, it might just be that I love my XPS so fvcking much so as to make me delusional and biased

Attached: 20180911_202154.jpg (4032x3024, 2.5M)

>thinks UI = cool graphics on the screen

>assblasted mactoddlers on the watch

Impossible to click near the top

Macbook

the whole trackpad is a button

the first generation of hp g7 (17") laptops had touchpads like that. of course the hand gestures depend on the software and driver, so you're not going to have something like that mac unless you hackintosh it, but in terms of flatness and "invisibility" it's pretty close.
it didn't last long because the following generation (sandy bridge) they went chiclet with the keyboards and the touchpads were either bumpy or square again.

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (989x1103, 172K)

"ribbed"

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1600x1200, 207K)

Last I looked they used a Broadcom touchscreen controller for their touchpads.
Now getting the firmware right is very important and being the CCCP of operating system lockdown Apple have some advantages.