What's the best DE?

It's Xfce and KDE right?

Attached: Linux DEs.jpg (677x1400, 199K)

>It's Xfce right?
FTFY

Xfce is not compatible with hidpi and the screen tearing in 2018 is simply unacceptable. No Wayland port for Xfwm. Garbage.

KDE is buggy and unstable. Few days ago, I remember fullscreen'ing mpv would crash KWin. Everything is cluttered and the gtk window rendering is horribly slow. Even QML/Kirigami software are very slow (just resize their windows in hidpi to see)

GNOME 3 is actually a polished DE. Like Cinnamon.

Are your larping as a retard or are you actually a retard? Half of the items listed in your image aren't even DEs.

Just i3, it's a window manager. Half of the items? Maybe you're the retard.

Who Plasma here ?

based and redpilled

i3 isn't a DE, is just a windows manager

Excellent observation

Attached: 1477552403491.jpg (383x383, 28K)

DEs have to be judged on their stock programs, too.

Mate is the white-mans DE

>anything gtk3
fuck off

kill yourself, you uninformed fuckwit

You are right about Xfce and hidpi. However, the screen tearing issue be fixed in a few minutes. Also, KDE has become quite stable these days, especially If you use it with OpenSUSE or Neon instead of buggy shitfest Kubuntu. GNOME with extensions is alright, too.

>xfeces

>xfce
dont forget the abysmal multi monitor support, 1px window borders, and niggling little things about the default software (like ristretto shitting itself when you open it within a directory with a large number of images, or thunar's general shittiness [lack of per directory configuration, needing to manually refresh directories to reflect changes half the time, and tons of other annoying things)

it's a shame because xfce is by far the most stable DE i've ever used, i've never had anything break on it--but i always end up putting together a janky frankenstein mess to compensate for its issues to the point where i might as well use another DE

>kde
pretty on point. when kde works, it's a really damn nice DE (apart from the terrible UI designed by autistic german automatons). it's better than it was but still severely lacks polish.

>gnome
gnome might be pretty stable and have a consistent UI, but it's far from polished, architecturally it's a nightmare

>cinnamon
yea bredy gud, i have no idea why it gets hate on Jow Forums apart from it being "noob"

Xfce is so goddamn good
I installed polybar for merely ricing reasons and xfce accepts it as their panel with no complaints, based

>argentinian
>white

Attached: lyncggd.webm (1536x832, 2.98M)

i3

it's why I could still use a 2.8ghz Pentium 4 with 512mb of ram in 2018.

for low spec PC, i3 and openbox are godsent. for 'modern' PCs just use whatever the fuck you like

how's LXQT going? want to try it a bit.

XMonad is the true best DE. Why aren't you using XMonad right now?

meine negers

Openbox you retarded brainlet.

They're all bloated garbage. Just use a window manager.

Openbox

xfce is still stuck in gtk2

MaXX.

Attached: Screenshot_20180909_211157_0.png (1280x1024, 1.12M)

So what's the lightest good looking DE? if it takes 500mbs of ram then might as well stick to windows

lxqt

>i have no idea why it gets hate on Jow Forums apart from it being "noob"
It's my favorite DE, but boy is it resource demanding. Almost as bad as Gnome in my experience.

Last I tried it with Fedora it was stable, but still lacks some features (e.g. offers no settings for touchpads, pcmanfm-qt doesn't remember sort settings).

this is my personal opinion but I prefer window managers. I've been using i3 for almost a year now and it's hands down better than any DE I know. The automatic tiling, the absence of any clutter on the screen and the binds are just superb. Also it's really lightweight compared to shit like gnome

Attached: 1536758502410.png (462x500, 325K)

L X Q t
X Q t
Q t
t

I really like mate

the meme is backwards, you brainlet. thing is, i can't tell if op is a memeing brainlet or just a normie retard

Thoughts on MATE? It's a heavier XFCE to me.

>using a window manager
bloat

Xfeces is shit. Its taken them over 3 years to port it to gtk3 and its still not ready. Mate is the superior DE by far. Cope harder faggot.

I'm curious about this. Is it a DE or itsown distro? I like the aesthetic but it looks like a pain in the ass.

If you use anything other than XFCE you are a fucking faggot and should be banned from this website.

MATE or Cinnamon?

Cinnamon.

Mate

my gnome broke after updating it. I'm tired and pissed. I like linux but I want something that doesn't fall apart after some time. I'm using wayland because it solved my screen tearing. Is KDE Plasma working on wayland? arch wiki says it's kind of buggy and I should use xorg for a more stable experience but fuck xorg and its screen tearing

What's your combination of distro and DE if I may ask?
Screen tearing is driving me to suicide on everything I try

I'm using arch (but it doesn't really matter) and gnome on wayland. it works great but the extensions just broke my setup. if you are desperate just try wayland. honestly gnome is the most stable experience you can have on wayland. go for it if you are desperate

KDE > LXQT > XFCE > i3 > openbox > enlightments > rest of gnome shit list here

haha

kde plasma is best

KDE

Attached: 1450659832894.png (450x399, 425K)

Open box and tint2

Lxde is the best

Windows 10

thanks a lot user, i mean it
im very desperate indeed. screen tearing and choppy videos make me want to rip my hair out

what's with the hate for KDE? it's great, I love the glass effects and it's rather polished. In fact I can recommend it to my mom, it's got everything and everything has feature creep but it's a sweet point where the creep is good. Gwenview is like a shitty irfanview I didn't need to download.

I downloaded kubuntu on my thinkpad and everything worked. even controls the keyboard backlight from a GUI. That's polish.

Xfce > mate > kde, mainly because kde is not stable and flickering is aids even with proper drivers

Probably whiter than a 56%er

Yes

i will add it works good on old (10 years old) machines, definitely better performance than win 7's dwm that you notice with web browsing

i don't hate it, it's what i'm using right now actually. i do think the UI is really poorly designed, however, and i have had quite a few little niggling issues that lead me to say that i don't feel it's polished. it's still a good DE though.