>commit myself to study full-time
>build relationships with my professors
>pursue challenging personal projects
>volunteer to tutor other CS students
>practice interviewing with career services
>establish lasting relationships at career fairs
>graduate college
>get hired for $82K with god-tier benefits and unlimited PTO
wow it's almost like not being a lazy piece of shit is what gets you the job and not your degree

Attached: 203680923860346.jpg (800x829, 156K)

>unlimited PTO
I don't believe you. What company? Try taking 6 months off as PTO

Enjoy slaving away at the keyboard and being the nerd of the company.

Unlimited PTO isn't unheard of, and it's based on trust. If you abuse it without good reason you'll probably be asked to tone it down and obviously end up fired if you don't

No, I enjoy reading all your emails.

I have 15 days and 5 sick days so 20 in total. I need to find some unlimited PTO jobs.

why do you keep comparing it to the 1070? you know the 2080 ti is better across all platforms. just buy the 2080 ti and get rid of your crappy 1070.

Nailed it

Some companies have been abusing it. Unlimited PTO can just mean you feel bad to take time off / they pressure you not to. So you end up taking less time off than those with specific pto

You wasted your time unless you got into FANG. Entry and junior level is just a numbers game, apply to everything you can. I got my first job with mid-70k and very good benefits. All I did was apply everywhere using job listing sites. No big personal projects, no college professors vouching for me, just cold applications everywhere.

>unlimited PTO
Biggest meme of all, opens the door to all kinds of abuse.
>"oh hey boss I was thinking of taking one week off"
>"user, you know we really need you and we have tons of work, I expected better from you"
You need at least a mandatory minimum amount of PTO in your contract

>americans get 70k starting
>meanwhile in Western Europe we get 30k and get told we're lucky
And they wonder why they can't find enough developers. Even a paper pusher makes almost as much

That's after tax right?

After all taxes it would be closer to 26k a year, at least in France - and that's considered "pretty good"

>make 70k a year
>get shot
>get $1m in debt from hospital expenses
Yup, America sure is great!

Www.yearup org

>didn't go to college
>earn in the top 10%
>work remote

Wew Life is great and I'm grateful for the tech industry.

The truth is, working when young in USA is a great deal, because it's unlikely you will need medical care and you don't have kids too so no need to pay for any education, thanks to this taxes are low and you get the money
In Europe where I live, it's great when you're older (free health care) and have kids (free education) but when you're young you pay all the taxes and get none of the benefits because no kids, no big need for healthcare and not receiving welfare.
Ideally I would work in USA until 30 or so, when I get kids, I go back to Europe for free education and stronger welfare system in case shit happens

Kek. CS kids are treated like rockstars in the US. But sure, enjoy your healthcare

I can't tell if this is an American posting what is essentially satire or if europoors are actually this delusional. Most Americans are aware of which demographic is the primary perpetrator AND victim of shootings and basically self-segregate. The few fools who aren't aware learn their lesson quickly and if they don't survive their friends and family do.

Same here in England mum earns more doing phone customer sales for edf

Did OP do something right?

Yes.

>commit myself to study full-time