ANOTHER ATTACK ON INTEL

Fucking kek, first meltdown&spectre, now hardware timing attack.

intel is done for good

github.com/jovanbulck/nemesis

Attached: 180px-Intel_Inside_2011-Present.png (1050x788, 190K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/lavados/status/1039550619042951171
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: 1413913323099.png (1000x1000, 162K)

Yeah I pretty much determined that I'm switching team red after the Spectre variant 3 & 4 came out.

Owning a 7700k just feels so bad.

Attached: 1536178332204.jpg (658x646, 48K)

Intel is about to release the 9th generation of vulnerabilities.

I'm more pissed they can still possibly pump out flawed dies.
They're still poking holes and intel is still cranking the same exact fucking chips!

Attached: 1523318381619.jpg (900x904, 152K)

kek

Five Intel's at home, two AMD. Couldn't fucking care less. I don't go on sketchy websites unless using a virtual machine powered by microshaft wincock. It's a known fact.

>Unless using virtual machine
The vulnerability also affect VM, user. Especially VM, actually.

This, I totally don't understand how chip production works, but I would think they can fix it on the die.

Because their is nothing you can do but live with it.

It's an architectural issue, not a production issue

Attached: paintbh.png (182x277, 79K)

Oh boy, must be a really deep fuck up

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: file.png (2000x1543, 58K)

Attached: 39491445.jpg (480x447, 17K)

Sandboxing for security is dead.

hah get fucked inturd

>RISC is too slow!
They said. There's nothing slower than a PC riddled with malware gimped into oblivion by unoptimized microcode updates. CISC shit was a mistake. No one cares about your games.

Attached: inibu5jas2501.gif (728x438, 54K)

Hello

Attached: rdoyk22gkxj11.jpg (720x809, 61K)

>another week
>another unfixable intel hardware exploit
good thing they are releasing a "new" lake model... wait a sec... it is still going to have the exploit in it. well, there goes the stock down the drain again

Attached: 364656754324231.png (802x744, 238K)

Stock performance after patch will still beat any AMD product overclocked.

>incel

Attached: images.jpg (246x205, 7K)

>patching hardware vulnerabilities
yikes

ryzenfall can't even be patched.

Your typing speed is way faster than any CPU oc'ed. Just cry.

Theo predicted this

jesus, that new chip is never coming out at this rate

>alphabetically, intel comes second after amd
>second place is the first loser
>using flawed hardware from loser company
l m a o

Why does it need to? Intel's existing products beat their AMD counterparts hands down no competition

>t.

Attached: t. (You).jpg (626x657, 81K)

Nice argument, PooMD shill.

Hence they can fix it on the die

>Intel paid shill gets mad because someone called him out on his unfounded shitposting
Fucking LMAO!

i have a 4690k but im not an epic gamer how does this affect me

Does this not affect AMD? The abstract wasn't clear but they're making it sound like everything is affected. I can't be bothered to actually read the paper.

>team red
what in the living fuck is this gamer shit
call it amd you absolute twat

Attached: 1516040807181.gif (1000x1059, 352K)

Calm down child. I think you need to consider some TEAM RED hardware to replace that sluggish INTC kit you got there. I bet you'd feel a lot better about the whole thing if you did.

>Nemesis abuses the same subtle microarchitectural behavior that enables Meltdown
No meltdown in AMD.

Nobody needs to argue with your embarrassing Intlel shilling. A five year-old downie who accidentally solves the CAPTCHA still wins over you.

Attached: if-i-only-had-a-name.gif (245x187, 726K)

If you're using VM, then yes.

but I'm already using amd you grimy shill

t. Pajeet AMD shill

Go poo in spectre.

Attached: 1531831307453.jpg (262x192, 10K)

actually creative cpu shill pic

holly shit, even my shitty 5yo low end AMD APU looks good after all this, fucking hell, kill them with fire

Attached: spec3.png (656x517, 37K)

Oh noes le ebin haxorz will get me
Fuck off amdpoor shill, Intel is Lightyears ahead of Poo shit amd
Go enjoy your literal shit

>ryzenfall can't even be patched.
CTS Labs claims that Chimera-HW cannot be patched. Even if what they claimed is true, you are sprouting nonsense.

I don't believe for one moment that once researchers start looking more in to AMD chips they won't find hardware flaws.

I believe that they focused on Intel first because they currently have the larger installed market share.

IT DOESNT FUCKING END

Attached: 1494356435910.png (633x900, 162K)

>Oh noes le ebin haxorz will get me
nice get, faggot

Attached: laughing maskettys.gif (680x384, 1.61M)

PRESS S TO SPIT ON THEIR GRAVE

So Jow Forums, what's the next vulnerability gonna be called?

WE GOT TOO COCKY INTELBROS

Attached: 052.png (672x794, 422K)

Can anyone give me a quick rundown of HOW these vulnerabilities would affect me? All I do is gaming. Why should I switch to AMD?

>14 nm

Attached: 5432546534654.png (1200x800, 164K)

>would affect me
you will wake up one morning and your 120fps game would run at 110fps after the update.
the next morning it will run at 100 fps after the update,
then at 90 fps, then at 80 fps....
or, you'll be like me, owning a 4700QM laptop since 2014 and every update since 2016 removes features from the cpu.
e.g. pstates missing on some updates, others don't work(a very well known issue with all icores...)
or you won't be able to change the cpu governor,
or you won't be able to set the cpu freq at all,
and various other features that come with "intel fine wine"(R) technologies.

Havent you heard?
They ran out of 14nm chips, their next (((innovation))) is the 28nm process, eventually they will have power that rivals the expansive minds of intel shills

Our office just bought over 350 2990wx systems for our render farm. and it's great.

Attached: 1534501129257.jpg (1024x768, 100K)

toppest of keks

your bank gets hacked and your money stolen
your cloud storage provider gets hacked and your dick picks stolen
your email service provider gets hacked and your emails stolen

etc. Just because hackers will not go after normies' computers doesn't mean that you won't be affected.

These INTEL ONLY hardware security vulnerabilities can extract cryptographic keys and passwords used in the datacenters and corporate company computers

i have the ryzen 7 1700 right now but i'm gonna fucking buy the 7nm threadripper for the lulz and turn my ryzen 7 1700 into an HTPC

Attached: 1528763837735 (1).jpg (1038x1000, 184K)

BASED AND REDPILLED

zero mention of this anywhere fake news you fucking street shitter

Its already patched.

Get fucked piece of shit intel apologist kike
twitter.com/lavados/status/1039550619042951171

No. AMD's arch is less exploitable by the big three: Side channel attack, timing attack, predictive execution.

Intlel shills are so braindead they don't realize their IPC advantage was due to security holes AHAHAHAHAHAH

amdflaws.com was attack on the ASMedia chipset (WHICH INTEL ALSO USES FOR THEIR CHIPSETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and AMD patched that shit within a couple of days even though the faggots told the public it would take AMD longer than 90 days which is why they only gave AMD 24 hours notification before publishing their shit

it was a poorly made attempt at shorting AMD stock and it failed miserably

We must fight for jewish people, feminist frequency and diversity!

Attached: 1536612142306.png (504x400, 91K)

I remember that terrible PR video they made "advertising" the AMDFlaws.com website, with generic stock photos on the background and literal "whos" talking non-sense. What a wild ride.

>I won't fight for the only democracy in the middle east surrounded by subhumans
Found the muzzie

>Intel is bad yes ))) Don't buy Intel, buy AMD ;^) Ryzen very fast very good pls buy dear sirs xD

Attached: amdgang.jpg (1200x902, 186K)

>ok tyvm

>ryzenfall can't even be patched.
you can't fix the stupid.

Conspiracy theory: While Keller was working on Zen, he went back over the entire x86-64 design he'd worked on while at AMD in the late 90s and found copious amounts of security holes in the implementation that he could kind of design around for Zen. He told AMD about the security holes and AMD are the ones releasing the exploits.

>Yes goy, stop kvetching and buy intel, AMD is anti-semitic and evil nazis

Attached: 1536684000604.jpg (685x696, 102K)

A R M

Thank you user, very cool

On some workloads Intel is already at Bulldozer levels.

Bank account doesn't matter
Cloud storage doesn't matter
Email service doesn't matter

Attached: 1492855909643.png (1228x1502, 944K)

Attached: amd drone.webm (1280x720, 479K)

Come on. Im a retard and even I know that they can't "just fix it". There are probably major flaws with the design of their chips, that if they are fixed, will basically cripple the chip. This would be impossible to fix from a marketing standpoint, simply because the cpus wouldn't be close to the same anymore, and would leave them open for lawsuits.

>if they are fixed, will basically cripple the chip
It's all Intel's fault for their retarded speed holes.

Yeah no, if that was the case Bulldozer would be effected by those bugs more Zen which doesn't look like the case. Keller doesn't do implementation details, he oversees high level SoC structuring like infinity fabric and modular chiplet design. Mike Clark is the chief designer of Zen and Bulldozer microarchitectures and he was involved old AMD architectures since K5.

>There are probably major flaws with the design of their chips
It's major flaws with the design of the architecture. X86, and by extension, X86-64, are fundamentally broken. Which is what happens when you basically put sticking plaster features over an architecture that hasn't changed for the better part of a few decades.

>no hyperthreading
gg intel, can't wait for 14nm++++++++++++++++++++++++

No it doesnt, thats a horrible cpu

I think it's quite a travesty that selling these known defective chips doesn't leave them open for lawsuits. They should at least be required to stick informational disclaimers everywhere so people know they're buying an insurance colander with new holes being discovered on a monthly basis.

I've had an AMD cpu for desktop and Intel for laptop. I've had to go through multiple security bios updates in the past few months, plus windows updates for intel that nearly bricked my machine. None of this bullshit with AMD.

I'm happy with a few less FPS if it means not dealing with Intel's incessant bullshit and blatant contempt for consumers/

>I think it's quite a travesty that selling these known defective chips doesn't leave them open for lawsuits
Stop being antisemitic

Attached: 1500260377912.jpg (638x710, 96K)

I don't see anything that would affect me personally, if I understood it correctly, but it makes it possible to learn what's running on co-processors. Maybe even read the keys used to sign their firmware. That would be great.

Just don't use that hardware :^)

Intel processors have 0 value, they're dirt compared to platinum value AMD processors. Also you have to spend 1/3 of your life installing security patches.

Attached: 0 value.png (704x548, 36K)

AMD fanbois are unironically anti-semitic through. They always use the K-word and other hate speech when they shill AMD. When we will finally have a possibility to report these antisemitic pro-AMD hate speech posts directly to the ADL and the FBI?

>AMD fanbois are unironically anti-semitic through
BASED

that chart is so fucking wrong.. and terribly labeled

>Intel processors have 0 value

lmao, AMDrones are really delusional.
Yeah, sure 0 value, it's not like 8700k is #1 bestseller CPU on Amazon, or anything. And it's an 1 year old product, yet zen+ which came this year can't do shit against it. Can't wait then i9 obliterates poozens completely.

Apple is also the best smartphone seller :)

>grew up playing RS2
>mid 20's, played RS3
Oof