Is programming a dead end job?

Is programming a dead end job?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 33K)

yes
when you turn 30 the programming wizard makes you lose your job and turns you into a hobo like richard stallman

This.

yes in the end you get run over by the cia niggers

Attached: 1536712475356.png (640x480, 397K)

>that 30 year old programmer boomer that hasn't saved up enough to retire yet

If I become a wizard when I turn 30 will I be able to fight this programming wizard?

Attached: 074[1].jpg (1280x720, 155K)

possible but unlikely, he has more experience than you

No, by definition it's not.
A 'dead end' job is one where you're stuck at a same level forever.
Programming is a young mans game - you will not get to stay at the same level forever, you will ascend or be ousted.

>Programming is a young mans game
what kind of retarded shit is this? you don't get worse at programming as you get older, it's not a sport

>Programming works the same way as boxing
what shit are you snorting user?

The retarded shit your manager thinks. I don't make the rules.

>you will ascend or be ousted.

Why would you be ousted? Don't companies want experts working on their software?

Same as If you're not in mangement by 35, you're gone buddy.

Experts == Managers and SMEs
If you didn't get the promotion by 35, you're a liability and you'll be fired then replaced with some young upstart or outsourced.

Your mind gets slower and duller. Also you have less energy and enthusiasm. You go from being passionate about your job to more concerned about raising a family.

>Your mind gets slower and duller
only if you're in your fucking 60s or 70s, before that you only get better at programming with age
energy and enthusiasm isn't a requirement for good programming

So that applies to literally every profession if it's true

Why would I be a liability? Why would companies want to hire new employees who have to be trained for years before they would reach the same level of expertise in the company's codebase?

It's not me you need top convince user.
If you're lucky you'll convince your manager you're worth it and they will have enough pull in the company to keep you around when HR starts asking about why you're still with the company.

>Why would I be a liability?
kids are easier to control and abuse, basically

>As you grow older you get bitter, jaded, want to have an easy life, and your brain isn't as good as it once was.
Well golly gee user-kun I didn't know that, please tell us more about human nature and how we're all constantly aging please desu?

>same level of expertise in the company's codebase?
Why do you think everything in the corporate world is overly verbose, excessively documented Java or .net - so new hires can jump in quicksmart.

This board has no idea how the industry works. I work at a FAG company and half my coworkers are 50+ with children and everything.

Which side of programming or tech is the safest niche to jump into with job security?

You wonder why managers wantto replace you with young, exuberant workers - full of hope and willing take all sorts of punishment since they still think it'll get better.
You're wise to it, you've got to go.

Sounds like you just worked for a shit company that had to do layoffs due to falling revenue.

non-software companies, like manufacturing

this. that being said, if you’re in your 30s or 40s and you’ve never raised above a junior programmer title, you might have a hard time finding jobs.
then again, startups will accept almost anyone if you can prove your worth, so it might just come down to where you’re located

>FAG company
a company of faggots?

Government.
Literally the same with all jobs.

Especially at a federal level, once you've got full-time permanent employment (not just on a contract) it's almost impossible to let you go unless you actually fuck up big time and they can fire you.

>I work at a FAG company
No need to be rude about your company just because you don't like your job

>tfw I'm one of those workers and you think I'm some 40 something bitter shit.
I'm taking the piss out of you for stating the obvious user, are you acting retarded on purpose?

What kind of government jobs can you get in tech?

They're just bitter folks who got fired or quit from their jobs. Every industry has good and bad players. It's the same everywhere.

What type of question is that - literally every job available.
From most basic data entry to R&D on some exotic project with literally everything in-between...

> in my 40s making bank programming
No, not yet.

Depends. There are examples of people making good money off coding in their 70s like that Japanese woman. It's the most egalitarian skillset actually since in the end the only thing that matters is your ability. Unless you're a wageslave and your management has priorities other than making money (which it always does, office power games and all), you could be programming in your 10s or 80s and do just as well it's all in your head brah.

you can do it forever bro. i used to work with a bunch of old cunts. one was so old he could barely see the screen (although this one we did let go as he couldn't do the job anymore).

"Old programmers never die - they just move over to legacy systems."

Yes. Full of sjw and eventually after years of suffering you will be replaced by a pajeet.

should be at project manager by the time before you reach 30.

thankyou dimitri, 100 golden rubles have been deposited in your account.

stop posting pics of him. I can't deal with the feels

Attached: happy.jpg (1024x962, 75K)

But what if I don't want to manage people? What if I just want to write software until I retire?

>Anonymous 09/12/18(Wed)03:09:57 No.6756
The company will replace you with someone younger and with less work experience because they're probably just as capable and they can pay them less.

Oh, and ignore the greentext. I must have copied and pasted the title line by accident.

Whatever makes you sleep at night, mutt.

You either go into the business end of it (systems analyst, project manager, business analyst, etc) or become a DBA. If you don't have the skills to go into the later or the social skills to go into the former then you lose your job.

>Is programming a dead end job?

All computer related jobs are. Once you get to a specific skill level/age you essentially have to start your own company or you become unemployable.