Magisk

Jow Forumsuys, I'm relatively new to Android modding and have a quick question. It says on the official XDA thread that Magisk should/has to be flashed after flashing a custom kernel. Does that mean that I needed to flash the Magisk zip file before flashing LineageOS? I've had LineageOS way before I heard of Magisk so do I need to wipe again and then reinstall Magisk first and then LineageOS and GApps (which I actually didn't install).

Alternatively, is there a guide online that I perhaps missed? I tried Googling around but no one has my exact problem.

Attached: magisk.png (1000x300, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Maybe learn what a custom kernel is first. I always forget how low level Android modders are. Following some steps on XDA doesn't make you a techie

Get out

forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk

Not op but...
Asking question is a realy basic thing to do in order to learn stuff

dude, magisk made rooting easier

you cannot mess this up

dont use that software its a trojan. even has hacker mask for crying out loud

Not OP. I'm hopefully asking an important question to save this thread:

Is there any way to temporarily disable app signature verification using Magisk/Xposed on Android 7.1.2? I'm trying to upgrade NewPipe 0.14.0 (f-droid) to 0.14.1 (github) and don't want to do a clean reinstall.

Magisk replaced supersu because the dev retired.

Just fucking do whatever it'll probably work and if it doesn't roll back and try something different

Also don't use gapps, use microG instead

Magisk patches the boot partition. I don’t think the boot partition is overwritten installing a new kernel. Just install Magisk via the Magisk Manager after installing Lineage. It generates a .zip for you and flashes it while the system is running without the need to reboot into recovery. You do get the option to install it via recovery, but the online flashing system is easier and works well with most system.

Use titanium backup / something similar to back up the application. Then uninstall the old one, install the new one, restore (only data) of the old backup.

TWRP -> Lineage -> Magisk

Whoops
TWRP -> Lineage -> GApps -> Magisk

Thanks. ur the only person that actually helped

I use GApps anyway

ROM, kernel, magisk. Magisk and all other "systemless" stuff works by modifying the kernel.

Bluepilled.

Lineage first, boot into os, boot into recovery, flash magisk

This should work.

My phone was a special case. I had to flash Gapps and Magisk right after flashing LineageOS. As in, before first boot into Lineage. Consider that if you have problems with the above.

>dev retired
he sold everything to a chinese company.

No. Magisk merely superimposes its changes on boot leaving /system untouchable. So, remove whatever your current root method is and flash Magisk and then install the app. You can flash GApps as you always did or install them within Magisk (I think). The point is Magisk allows you to pass the SafetyNet used by Google and some apps by having a clean /system.