Computer without internet

I'd like to get free of all distractions Jow Forums.
Is there a computer (and an operating system) that does not have internet access, does not have a webcam, does not have anything distracting, and allows me to write text and manage text files ?
Preferably a portable and quiet computer, with a an ok battery life.

Attached: quiet.jpg (1300x1300, 111K)

literally any system if you run the computer without plugging ethernet in / not connecting to wifi.

If Windows10 cannot do that then switch to any Linux or even macOS.

unplug your ethernet retard

Fuck you're a loser.

Nuke your wi-fi / ethernet cards.Why the fuck you'd do that is beyond me tho.

Rip out your wifi card. Thats all you need to do nigga or ethernet

MacBook Air

Any modern computer that allows you to do that easily ?

>thinkng MicroShit will allow you to use Windoze if its never allowed net access to upload your info.

You're looking for TempleOS.

>What is device manager

If you are easily distracted then you are the problem, not your network cards.

Why are you even on this board?

Literally all of them. Just open up the back and unscrew the wifi card. They are all about as hard as each other to do. That being, dead-fucking-easy. Takes about 3 minutes.

If you really want to be autistic, you can go for a thinkpad, or a Purism laptop. Some of them have hardware switches for the wifi.

>thinking man is infallible

I don't know much about technology, I am here from /lit/.

Don't pay your Internet bill

Take out the cord. But there's something even better, just don't open your web browser.

Thanks, never thought of that.

Install Ubuntu and remove netman

why would you sacrifice internet connectivity to not be distracted?
maybe you should stop being an ADD ridden 5 year old

It's not a problem with the computer it's the problem with yourself.

Debian with XFCE. Battery life is determined by the hardware and how you configure powertop. Just don't connect it to the internet.

If you just need a computer to use as a typewriter (and I can't believe I am actually recommending this) get a cheap chromebook

You have the wrong idea.
It's now about eliminating the environment, it's about increasing your willpower. Start training little by little.
Look, one day you'll work in an office environment and won't be able to change anything. Adapt.

You don't understand. I don't spend "too much time" on distracting websites. I am a student and have sufficient willpower to study and succeed well.
But I want to get rid of every distractions, of the possibility of getting distracted, of the thought of distraction.
This thread is just revealing to much about you guys.

You really don't get it, do you?

This. Unplug yourself.

No you don't get it.
If you wanted to stop speaking, and you were in a room with other people, for how long could you last ? It is not a question of "will power".
Can you control what you think ? Can you prevent yourself from thinking certain thoughts ?
I'd like a more ascetic life.

Sounds like you have autism is what I'm saying.

>unironically saying that on 4chin

you've found out some important information about yourself from us , you are an assburger..

sure kid

Thenn install windows 7 or even windows 98 if all you're gonna do is write text files you sufferable dumbass

Take the Moore Pill.
>use computer to write 1,200 page doorstoppers, using only wordpad

Attached: moorecompaqpres.jpg (403x292, 29K)

TEMPLE OS

>Can you control what you think ? Can you prevent yourself from thinking certain thoughts ?
Yes

if you see something, will you not think about it ?

Attached: 1505838797308.png (645x729, 90K)

>I am here from /lit/.
Buy a fucking typewriter you procrastinating pseudo-intellectual pretentious fuckwit.

>Unplug Ethernet.
>Use Debian DVDs to install software.
>Don't connect to internet ever again.

Attached: 1536659588076_0.jpg (690x431, 83K)

It's more that the designers of modern websites and platforms manipulate the brain chemistry into dopamine release and stress-relief feedback loops.

Why do (You) think we have (You)s when someone replies one of your posts? Why do you think major platforms have psychologists on the payroll?

What your looking for are word processors. They're pretty much portable digital typewriters. They let you type & view documents and manage those files, and not much else.

Attached: AlphaSmart.jpg (1200x800, 143K)

install plan9

TempleOS has all of that.

nigga just close your eyes

>revealing to much
>to
You're from /lit/ alright

Get a home computer from the 80s/90s. Commodore Amiga might be fun for you. It's not portable though.

Got just what you need, OP.

Attached: 1514257785464.jpg (1000x1000, 118K)

bump

What has Jow Forums become when the first answer(s) isn't TempleOS?

Is TempleOS a good or a bad meme ?

If you want a computer just to write shit on it, grab literally the cheapest laptop/tower you can find on craigslist/goodwill/any poorfag thrift shit etc... Put on some ubuntu or winXP on it and start typing. You can find such laptops for 20$. I sometimes find tower PCs sold for 10$

get a thinkpad and disconnect the network card and camera on the mobo
very easy on T420 and X250, the models I have

TempleOs

Hey user don't listen to these faggots, it might be refreshing to get away from the internet for a little while. fuck i remember the days when there was no internet and life was better

Since nobody sells 56k modem pc cards anymore, this should work for (you).

Attached: 6b35d486-183b-11e6-9ae2-33bad0c86292.jpg (700x525, 37K)