Own repos, devs hold updates so they can make sure it wont brake everything

>Is it good?
No, it's not.
>Why is it so popular now?
It's not popular and will not be.

It’s the most popular distribution on distrowatch retard

but it's first on distrowatch rn

People like you are the problem.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-09-12-15-08-17-000_com.andrewshu.android.reddit.jpg (1080x671, 207K)

Distrowatch does not measure popularity.

>Is it good?
from what I see from fglt memejaro questions: it's not
because distrowatch counts popularity using i++

not my problem lmao

Attached: 1536130924689.png (1053x1080, 314K)

it's pronounced manHARO by the way

it's not

It really is

I talked with two of the german guys on the team in person and they kept pronouncing the j like a j. They did pronounce the 'aro' a bit different tho

>This takes a toll on our support forum as a people omit the fact that they are running Manjaro/antergos

So his critique of Manjaro is that manjaro users are posting too much in his forum? What a dumb fucking thing to say.

It's not though?

That is literally just clicks to the distrowatch page. It has zero correlation to users.

It's literally manHARO

No, his critique is that when manjaro breaks (as it usually does) people blame Arch.

>as it usually does
Never happend to me

use venerable debian or backup your files

what's the fucking matter with you? It's not, stop spreading tier 3 autism.
youtu.be/9DwI4AwUMdE at 1:29 is how its pronounced. The french team members pronounce it this way as well.

I'm currently using Manjaro. It's pretty comfy. Honestly glad it's a derivative of Arch, similar to how Ubuntu is a derivative of Debian. It just werks™.

Attached: aee626b02a0383255e75956cdabc1d46794993747f485aae08301b7237673ef3.jpg (1920x1080, 128K)

It looks like windows, superficially, and it markets itself as user friendly. Basically the same reasons that led to Mint being popular for a while: windows users switching over. They search about what the good starter distros are, and they are told "manjaro or mint".

literally whats so windows-esque about manjaro to begin with? it has non tiling WM and starts with quite a lot somewhat usefull programs out of the box?

Literally just the DE.
This is enough to trick windows-users into thinking that it will be similar to windows, which causes problems when they inevitably realise they are completely different.

>Is it good?
no
easy as fuck to install

>easy as fuck to install
So is Ubuntu.

because winfags believe that newest software is the way to go on linux.

indeed, and ubuntu is popular too. what's your point?

Great design (kde and all), stable, based on arch while super easy to install.

i cannot install it
getting repositories error
in virtualbox it works...

Not as popular as Manjaro, so there are more factors to be taken into account.

>Ubuntu not as popular as manjaro
What have you been smoking?

He's right tho, in my CS engineering school I would say only 1 out of 30 have ever heard of manjaro while everyone including students and teachers knows about Ubuntu.

I'm just pointing out that it's pronounced manHARO
why does that make you mad?

Sry you are right* Ubuntu is far more recognized and will always be

I meant in recent times, considering the results on distrowatch, which was what we were talking about.

It's "popular" because Manjaro redirects you to their main page when you open a browser. Distro watch determines popularity by how many visits a distro's main page get.

to be fair ubongo and mint do the same
arch, gentoo and debian don't pozz your browser their their garbage

>running gnu/linux as a daily driver

>gnu/linux
look at how the freetard exposes himself.

Well if people didn't already see it before, this post is all anybody should need to know you're a goddamn retard.

do you mean the way they pronounce it would be spelled out manHaro?

i just say it like dictionary.com/browse/kilimanjaro

Manjaro is to Arch like Ubuntu is to Debian. And both are fine.

>support fora
Is he too dumb to type or does he want to appear smart by attempting, and failing, to use the Latin plural of forum?
>leddit
>arch dev
Probably both

>calling manjaro the debian to what ubuntu is compared to arch

His actual critique is that people running Manjaro, who have a problem, go to the Arch forums and start asking questions without mentioning they use Manjaro which could change variables with their specific problem, because in their mind they're using "a flavour of Arch Linux".

stfu pedro

Distrowatch rankings are based on page hits. The first distro you click counted once per day per unique IP address.
Users of ArchLinux, or any rolling release, don't go to distrowatch every day to see if new isos are available.

Yes, like shit is derivative of the hamburger I ate last night.

Manjaro devs are too fucking incompentent to renew a SSL certificate, i wouldn't trust anything they write on my computer.

Haha and it's a fucking ginger

redpill incoming
both installing arch manually and with manjaro is ass, the real winner is Anarchy Linux

>implying they write anything

Something like 90% of the problems I had with Manjaro were caused by outdated GPG signatures, which usually resulted in having to hunt them down or compile the package locally and ignore sigs, and depending on the package sometimes that could take a while. Antergos is slightly easier since it comes with pamac on KDE by default instead of Octopi.

Attached: circuit_board_Electronic_Devices_tech_blue_abstract_line_metal_detail_1920x1200.jpg (1920x1200, 823K)