I have been working as a freelance web developer (java script and php) for over a year now

I have been working as a freelance web developer (java script and php) for over a year now.

Each time I get job I just do a quick google search and retype code from tutorials(I don't just copy but try to analyze a really understand what which part does etc). But the thing is I can't do anything on my own. I feel like some type of NPC who just copies or does things based on preexisting date. I feel like I lack any type of creativity and will forever be just a code monkey.

Jow Forums, how do I actually learn to program?

Attached: 1461616943573.jpg (2250x3000, 740K)

Other urls found in this thread:

behoimi.org/post/index?tags=iiniku_ushijima
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm not a dev myself yet, working on it. I've been told by friends who are, though, that this is kind of a usual feeling.

Can't confirm.
How do you even get shit to work, reading the documentation is always faster than reading some pajeet's problems that may or may not be related to mine at stackoverflow.
Maybe you just need more time to learn the golden rule (everything is shit) and not worth memorizing.

>java script

Holy shit, he is hot

you can try making something from scratch maybe

kill yourself tranny

>he
I wish

>hands
>collar to hide adam's apple
Your wish has been granted

Start with easy shit like if statements.
Work on a command line, not a web browser
Write something that accepts data and writes it back
Write something that opens a window and draws to it
Make it bounce around
Write something that vomits into your audio
Make it sound interesting ( 1980's style beeps if nothing else )
Write a little game
Make it fun
Don't give up on shit. Keep hammering at it relentlessly.
If you never give yourself a headache from understanding some weird shit, you're probably not pushing yourself hard enough
Learn C, probably java or c# if you just want a corporate job, learn python because it's the most useful glue language out there. Learn SQL. If you find you have a taste for programming, eventually check out things like haskell, prolog, scheme or common lisp, probably in the reverse of that order. understand erlang and get to know how the jvm and other jits work.
just never fucking stop

nah, her name is Ushijima Iiniku. she must be like 42 by now.

>pic related
a picture in the same room as the OP

Attached: f12c5cb432751a5c9cd63a3bb486b0b8.jpg (3000x4000, 1.27M)

Bump, because she is really fucking hot

when you are so scared of the trap boogieman that you think real girls are men you should seek psychological help

behoimi.org/post/index?tags=iiniku_ushijima
go fap and let this terrible thread just die

> Working as VP technology for yet another online FP college pre-2014 blowout
> Unlike most execs, can do basic tech stuff by self
> Dig in with my PHP / SQL guy on WTH he spends his time doing. No, seriously, how much of this stuff from the sprints is unique content that requires new development.
> "My job is basically Googling what people want and cut/paste into the code base"
> I'm totally OK with that, carry on
99% of IT jobs... It's not about being unique, special, etc, it's about getting the job done on time. If you cut/paste that, write it from scratch... IDGAF as long as it gets done. The number of stories we ran through sprints to optimize code... I could count on one hand.
TLDR you're doing exactly what you need to do

kys boomer

Why arent we importing these qts en masse instead of those ugly short brown trolls from Mexico?

Most websites are virtual shops, that's it. Most people want to put their shit online to sell and your job will likely be to do that for them. Everybody wants a shop and it's been done over and over again; you're recreating the wheel but add some paint and tassels to it, so it stands out just that little bit from the billions of other shops that are also online.
The companies out there to build tools that help solve problems require non-NPC devs.

Maybe by actually learning a programming language and not cancer and an abortion.

Lol, every damn time some new(literal)fag thinks she's a dude just because she's lean and has definition.

>lurking while lifting in home gym
>open your thread
>fap after feeling strong urge and now i dont care about doing last 2 series
thanks opie

how much do you earn ?
how did u find clients ?
freelancing is based

>she's lean and has definition
Yeah, she's got some いい 肉, if you know what I mean.

Get back to work zoomer.

I feel this way too. Recently I picked up a copy of the pico 8 and started making a micro game. I had to resort to my usual tricks but the catch is it's encouraged in the pico community. Every game is forced open source and tiny so very easy to access and understand. This is really helping me finally do stuff on my own.

Hot pic btw. Transwomen are sexy