What can stop this monster from taking over the entire industry?

What can stop this monster from taking over the entire industry?

Attached: 643634634.png (1052x1052, 10K)

You.
Write successful software that doesn't use JS.

The whole point of webassembly is to have a optimized execution environment for the browser. Once everything is stable you can pretty much say goodbye to JS. I mean JS transpilers will still exist, but we can use any language to target the runtime. Something type checked, simple and not a pile of duct tape.

Like Go!

Fucking google shills

wasm was not designed as a replacement for javascript

JS was not designed to be what it is today

Get with the times grandpa.
Typescript is the way to go in the future

true i suppose

Use Python

1.) you don't, it already took over the industry
2.) web dev shouldn't exist in the first place, web pages should be just static content. that is, the industry that JS took over ought to be dismantled.

Based oldfag

web devs exist because your lazy stupid ass is afraid or too lazy to download 3rd party software

well yeah, most shit that's done in JS doesn't need to be done at all in the first place. So it follows that I wouldn't download a native application to do it.

WebAssembly, which cannot be compiled from JS :^)

it's already taken over the entire software industry and in many unexpected areas, but thankfully we have Typescript

kek, NaCl has been for a while and no one used it,, same will be with wasm

> (OP)
>1.) you don't, it already took over the industry
>2.) web dev shouldn't exist in the first place, web pages should be just static content. that is, the industry that JS took over ought to be dismantled.
Yeah, instead I'd love having 20 different versions of frameworks installed on my computer just to run your shitty software that can just easily be replaced by some shitty crud site.

>What can stop this monster from taking over the entire industry?
>====================

Javascript has ruined the web. Websites used to be pretty straight forward, rationally designed & easy to load. now everything is bloated to a point where it's almost impossible to surf without javascript disabled; thanks to a torrent of unnecessary functions like roll-menus, animations, embedded multimedia content, social media plugins, trackers + the two other major culprits: flash & ads.

the web wasn't supposed to handle all that shit we use today. Only text and some images was originally the way to communicate and it was good until Flash opened the eyes (and buttholes) of too many people and then it was a spiral to the drainage.

Javascript is just a symptom of a bigger disease.

Don't blame JS. Blame web devs and wed designers.

Ah, yes, JS, the bane of the Internet.
Now this is how a website is supposed to look like. They just don't make them like that anymore.

Attached: 15489624589972.png (1349x663, 195K)

I've been writing JS at work because there's a library there not available anywhere else.

It's like a shitty Scheme. I can see how it's cool if all you know is PHP and JS.

I laugh at people who blame the programming language for what is happening with the Internet. It's like "It's all your fault, username"... Jesus, get a brain, it's pathetic.

just use php, you faggots. It got good at 5.3 and it is pretty much amazing now at over 7.

Attached: 1424202135588-1.jpg.png (255x143, 73K)

Rewrite browsers to use a rust engine rather than JS

Yea nah, ES6/ES7 JS is pretty damn good compared to what it used to be, plus with Typescript you get rid of the vast majority of issues that people have coming from other languages.

Now the problem is, too many people will just install a library to do something rather than keep things lightweight. Worked with a guy on a React-based project. Super lightweight, sub 300kb fully wrapped for a pretty huge project. He ended up adding 2.2Mb worth of libraries (compiled) just to add a goddamn hero slider that could've just been a small React component. Made that component on my own and it was

Why don't you just buy more RAM faggot.