Fractal Design R6 was rushed

>the R6 version was released without USB-C
>Fractal Design said the reason was that people wanted USB-C but didn't want to pay the premium for it
>now half a year later they release a USB-C version for the same price as the inital version without USB-C

want to get USB-C on your already exisiting R6? You gotta pay 40 bucks for the USB-C front panel accessory KEK

fractal-design.com/home/product/cases/define-series/define-r6-usb-c-black-tg

Attached: bd2385c3-b3a1-4df2-83ef-5443b0b9bdb7[1].jpg (1000x1000, 410K)

want to buy more than the included 6 hard drive trays?

gotta pay 20 bucks for a kit of 2

>20 bucks for two pieces of metal plates with some holes punched out in it

Attached: 6902949_0[1].jpg (526x386, 21K)

doesn't even support 200mm fans either

What do you even need usb-c on the front panel for? Sure plenty of devices have it but what doesn't work with usb-a at the other end?

>what doesn't work with usb-a at the other end?
usb-c

Attached: 1505380694438.png (645x729, 125K)

Every single device I own with a usb-c plug is perfectly fine with usb-a connection at the other end of the cable so you'll have to elaborate faggot.

Plugging in my USB-C flash drive.

What do you even need USB ports on the front panel for?
You have all the USB ports you could ever need on your monitors right in front of you, don't you user?

They're behind the monitor in the least convenient spot possible spot. The ports on the front of my computer are a lot more easy to access.

Monitors with ports around the edge(s) don't have this problem.

well shit i bought a non usb c one like 3 weeks ago

Good to know. A case is cheaper than two new monitors.

a USB hub is cheaper than both

>his motherboard doesn't have USB-C

Why bother posting?

Rather not have more desk clutter.

Because cables sticking out of the case and hanging out on the floor half the time is much more convenient right

>R5 has like 8 trays that come with it
>R6 comes with 6 and you can add 5 more

They're bundled up and hanging off a pen in my pen holder when not in use.

>usb-c

Attached: 1515489421259.png (647x740, 14K)

>velcro USB hub onto bottom of desk or monitor
wow that was hard

So I can knock my leg against it and have to bother with reattaching it again every time. Or I could simply do what I do now and stick my usb drives into the front of my PC which is already within arms reach.

Can you remove the PSU shroud from the R6? I hate those things it's RGB gaymer tier bullshit, rather have an R5.

>not having pig tails right in front of you

Attached: 457568765765.jpg (2151x1210, 665K)

I like USB-C, I like the idea a lot. however it really doesn't have a place on my desktop. my laptop and phone are USB-C charged but all that means is that if I have a c to c cable I can charge my phone without taking up another, more used a slot. it doesn't push enough power to charge my laptop, let alone stop the battery from going down if it's in use. USB-C is good on the go but I don't really need it at my desk. I bought the Mobo thinking I would use that c slot a lot but now I'd rather have another 3.0 or even a 2.0 (which it only has two of, both take by m+kb).

at least they offer the Connect D1 kit to give you USB C on the original R6

You and OP are completely clueless as to the value of things produced. jesus christ.
Get a job instead of relying on ma and pa's allowance you fucking kids.

Attached: 1526560021179.jpg (2048x1367, 664K)