Stop kvetching and buy nvidia :^)

lol whats the problem? just buy it man haha what a weirdo

Literally do not buy it.

If you buy two you save money!

>we
who?
you need to go back to /v/

Don't buy it
I got my 1080 for 500usd 2 years ago no fucking way il ever spend that much on a gpu again.
Just gonna hunker down until 202x when amd gets off its ass and makes 7nm mcm goodness

I'll try and pick up some cheaper 480/580 or 1060 when the 2080 comes out, but I honestly don't expect many people to buy it.

580's are aaaaalmost affordable now. Another $50-75 drop in price and they'll be closer to what they're actually worth.

have you ever actually been to /v/? It's all console war bullshit. I challenge you to go there right and search the catalog. 2080, nvidia/amd, hell even GPU will get you exactly 0 results. This is literally the only board on the site that discusses GPU. deal with it

I just sold my 56 I bought for gaming as a giggle for 300usd
U can get them for less lol
Don't bother with anything less than a gtx 1070ti or 1080ti if u really wunna future proof.
Alternatively v64 is also decent once you undervolted it as well.
Mate had some impressive gains on a 56

The same way we solve any company problem, don't pay them. If you don't pay them they will be forced to change until you do, or they die. The problem is a lot of people are still going to pay them anyway, so the only thing you can do is grin and bear it until some competition exists again.

>How do we solve the NVIDIA problem?
Stop giving them your god fucking damned money! Used 1080ti are already listed for under 550€. As soon as the 2080ti drops worldwide, 1080ti will cost even less.

do you think a 1080ti plus a 1440p 144hz setup will give me a relatively future proof setup for like 3 or so years? I can both for approx the same price as just a 2080ti alone

buy it goy

I've had that since the 1080 Ti came out.
Runs just fine for me. I'm sure it will run just fine for plenty of years to come too.

1080ti is for high refresh 1080p gaming

Absolutely if my 2ghz 1080 can do it at 3-4k u could no worries with a small overclock on memory and core.
Gtx 1080ti is still memory starved so u will occasionally get Min and 0.1% dips Vega 64 and these new turing cards don't have at higher resolutions.
What games and rest of your system specs?

Just wait, it's going to solve itself.
At least wait for AMD 7nm GPUs before you commit.

YEESSSSS BUY IT GOYIM

Attached: 1470457029422.jpg (263x383, 41K)

Just buy it, you won't regret it.

Even if it's 30% faster than a 1080ti and ta not worth it since the 1080 I will drop to around 450$ making it a fucking steal.

Considering how the Vega is competing against NVIDIA pricewise, it will be fucking stupid expensive.

Egh, i think they'll be happy to just have something on 1080ti or slightly better level for much better efficiency and lower price.
Obviously can't tell where the 2080/ti are going to land but it would take a fucking miracle from AMD to suddenly leap across 2+ generations of nvidia cards in performance

by competition and, hopefully, a 3rd gpu maker soon

>new product
>no competition

Just dont fucking buy it.

buy AMD GPU , play with gimpworks off.

stop buying videocards every gen, wait two.

If you don't like it, then don't buy it.

Do we even have any benchmarks for it yet?

I don't get why people even pre-order before they know how it performs.

...but how else will I keep up with my favourite streamers!? Don't yuou see, if i'm not at the bleeding edge i'm in the stone age!

Attached: 1509642488134.png (1064x698, 337K)

right now it's solving itself by using a bazooka to shoot themselves on the foot.
The new card seems to be really good, but there's no way you can sell it only using reflections on a Battlefield game that nobody asked for.

How you solve any problem with overpriced bullshit :
> You don't buy it and spread the word

>It's Nvidia's fault that third parties are pricing above MSRP

but I'm still running GTX 960

Attached: 1429177114622.jpg (258x245, 12K)

Don't buy it. Buy AMD and settle for bit less performance and save much more money.

This gives AMD the money to compete. Otherwise, its gameover and hello monopoly days.

Everyone was also blaming AMD that Vega's price tripled because of miners who bought Vega by the hundreds.

Nothing, AMD should be destroyed.

Ironically, their success is fucking skyrocketing hard, they're slowly going beyond 2005-2006 levels of success

I'm sure nvidia is raping them at wholesale, it's their only option to jack up their price some if they don't want to sell a 1% margin

but amd got a fuckton of cash from the mining era they're just too lazy to put out a new card

It was nVidia that swalloed the gallon of money from buttcoin craze.

Jow Forums is still utterly convinced AMD will be dead and bankrupt (for real this time guise) by the end of the year.

are you kidding? Jow Forums seems to be AMD fanboy central

my system is 8700K 4.8Ghz all cores w/ 32GB DDR4 3600. I've got a GTX 960 in there now from my old build so I'm starting to get antsy. Looking for a new monitor/GPU combo to last 3+ years. Broad range of games (RPG, shooter, retro, strategy) but don't really do CS:GO or anything similar. end blog post

You must be fucking out of your mind. Take a look at the catalog, how many novidea threads and how many ayymd threads are there?
Fuck off back onto reddit where you belong.

Stop kvetching and just buy

reviews + benchmarks when?

monday?

Only the biggest absolute fucking mongs are buying this gen.

This is a throwaway gen right at the end of a console cycle. 4k & ray tracing are just memes and there is no game that needs more than a 1080 on 1440p.

If you want to upgrade just get a 1080

Intel and NVIDIA are universally shit on here for either bad products, questionable business practices or both. AMD is seen as the hero underdog worthy of support. are we looking at the same board?

VR games will eat any and all resources you throw at them, so saying "4k is a meme" and "1080p is enough" is like saying "we've had enough technological progress, let's close up shop"

vr is also a meme only boomers fall for that shit

have you tried it? or did you just put on google cardboard and say "well this is shit, this represents the whole of VR and therefore it's fucked!"

Wait for AMD 7nm

Don't buy it. RTX is not worth the premium they are charging for gaming. For professional applications though it could be worth it.

buy AMD

>wait

Have AMD release something good

Gonna wait for AMD 7nm GPUs next year plus Zen 2. Hopefully will be good enough to build something that beats or at least matches Intel/Nvidia combos. If not I will probably just sit on Vega 56 until something comes along that can run EVERY game with over 60 FPS mininums on ultra @ 1440P. Gaytracing is a meme for now.

>New Intel GPU is our best chance
>Can't even get 10nm working on their CPUs
We are fucked.

>Remove any form of comeptition whatsoever
>Allow monopoly to charge whatever the fuck they want
Are you just stupid or filthy rich and just hate anyone who cannot afford it? Scratch that. You are probably both.

I am sure it will be...

Attached: amd_stock_price_-_Google_Search_-_2018-09-13_00.52.07.png (630x508, 28K)

AMD has to pull a Ryzen with GPUs. That’s the only thing that will save us.

still not as bad as applel. At least nvidia does a good job of making a useful product. Apple literally charges more than the most powerful consumer GPU for one stupid phone that lasts 6 hours.

the solution to 1349 is 1488, friend.

It's simple.
Everyone who wants a GPU buy a used 1070/1070ti/1080/1080ti and all the people selling them on DON'T buy the new cards and just keep the money.

Their last gpus (larrabee) xeon phi have been shit for gaming and their igpu have always been absolutely shit.
They can't even save their CPU division and are getting into memory more these days
And as ltt and Louis rossmann demonstrated they have the worst hardware design and support in the industry
I hate nvidia with a burning passion since the way it's meant to be played and game works bullshit but yeah I agree like Intel in their heyday nothing else can touch them.
Interestingly their also have white papers for a mcm gpu as well so 7nm dual quad Oct gpus won't be far, away at all I think we have seen the limit of Monolithic gpu dies with this fuck hueg turing One tbqh the cooling and power requirements are insane

>And as ltt
I didn't know there was a ltt video where he bashes apple. Is it specifically about iphones or all of their hardware?

Confirmed /v/ sucks >probably a lot of dick from the looks of it, too.

Imac pro and mac book pro overheating throttling
Apple have the worst design and overheating unreliable junk in the tech world.
They don't even make a full sercer/desktop computer only this all in one garbage

Just wait for the central banks to pressure legislators into making crypto illegal (muh chilluns and muh turrists, don't you know) and pick up cards on the cheap at the estate sales of Jow Forumsfags after they commit mass sudoku.
Good video cards come to those who wait, user.

you deserve what you get for buying that garbage.

did you not read one review before buying it?

This RTX shit is either the biggest leap forward shredding 4k/144/HDR & VR or it's the biggest scam ever in the history of personal computing.
I've got a good amount of tech budget set aside for a refresh and there's no fucking way I'm paying close to $1500 for a GPU just on principle alone.
Even if a 2080Ti could push 4k/144/HDR around you'd still have to pony up for a $2000+ display from ASUS Gayming
That's not going to make any games more enjoyable at a level commensurate with the price

yeah

until its wireless and it doesnt have that flyscreen door effect its a meme.

also would be nice if there was actually some good software for it. I havent found anything anything that can hold anyones interest for more than 15 minutes.

>$1350
Oh boy, can't wait to see the price tag on the Titan RTX

and that was dumb too just like everyone crying about nvidia being evil because stores inflated gpu prices far past the msrp
what's your point? just because a bunch of idiots is spouting bullshit you can spout the same bullshit too?

VR will not be viable until you can run at least at 4k per eye at 90 fps without frame-drops until then it's a gimmick that barely functions properly

You wait it out. If prices do not improve, then you do not upgrade.

We need at least 8K per eye (probably higher) and just use upscaling from 2K. Sure it won't be super duper sharp but I would rather that the the screen door effect. Getting the pixels small enough and close enough is the main issue though. Not driving then at native res.

see

>and just use upscaling from 2K
no, the problem partially are the physical pixel and for that 2k is hardly enough

Sorry to hijack this but impossible to get a response in /WSR/.

I have a GTX 780 that I own since launch. I recently played a video game (not even heavy) and then, the computer shut down on it's own, to prevent electric overtension for safety reasons or something. Then, after playing some more time, it shut downs again but no more signal from the GPU anymore. So I put the DVI-D cable in the motherboard integrated intel HD chip and it works. So I try to see if I can see my graphics card in Windows, or if Nvidia drivers recognize it...no luck. Moreover, the fans don't work anymore on my graphic card and it doesn't make any sound. I tried to take my CG out and put it to another PCI-E slut, doesn't work and fans still not working.

Is it safe to assume that my GTX 780 got fried with the shut down of the computer and is definitely dead? Thank you.

Attached: 1533878277673.jpg (700x466, 169K)

>Is it safe to assume
yes buy a new one goyim

Can't even push 100fps 4k and was meant to cost 800usd which is still terrible value considering its barely 25% faster than a 1080ti
Some games it can't even manage 40-50fps 4k
Easily the worst generation sidegrade since 2010 they blew their load too early should have wait until amds new cards and 202x Intel so now we have 2 year old pascal overstocked thanks to crypto boom gone bust and nothing from amd above midrange tier 1080 performance

I won't before 5-10 years user. I bought a 2DS and hacked it. I'm stopping PC Gaming if my GTX 780 is 100% dead. Might even be for the best, finally have a fulfilling life.

Attached: 1534553941815.jpg (924x571, 81K)

Gpus stuffed you could try warranty or bake it to fix solder issues
Gtx 1080ti are like $500 used or cheaper now just get one of those

Hahahahhah
A
H
A
>he thinks real life is fulfilling

Attached: male.jpg (724x540, 136K)

Bake it in the oven? wtf?
Like that ? lifehacker.com/5823227/save-dying-video-cards-with-a-quick-bake-in-the-oven
Anyway, won't spend more money on PC gaming hardware before 5-10 years, I've played enough video game for a lifetime that being said. I'll have time to see how the RTX think evolves and if they will make so that fully RTX cards can't play rasterized games anymore but only ray traced games.

Attached: 1533856204493.jpg (1448x980, 204K)

And I can't warrant, my card is very old, pretty much release day GTX 780.

Buy AMD.

>Only 1 fap sesh

Lol Nah that turing arch is crap for games hence why they had to cram in 14tflops of cuda cores and double the die size.
Rt only gaming won't happen in our lifetimes since mobile games make most of. The money these days
Pc market is on the decline thanks to shit hardware prices dram fixing nvidia and Intel's bullshit and Microsoft Windows devs bungling Windows 10 over and over again
Vr was. Meant to take off and flopped because it's been almost 3 years and the tech hasn't gone anywhere nothing can even drive 4k 60fps cheap se we are stuck with shit 2k resolutions and meme aa
>too ass fart autistic to get a gtx 1080 used for $300 and keep gaming
Real life is fucked no jobs no frens it's horrible mate everyone is broke and depressed to boot as well as horrible degenation of society pedo culture is being pushed the same way faggot kiddie fiddler Jews pushed gay marriage to trojan condom horse pedo legalization
This when I'm down I do about 5-10 a day

>I bought in at 14

Feels fucking good man

I have a 970 and I can still run most new games fairly well. I played the BF5 beta at 2880x1620 on all high settings and was still pulling an average of 36FPS, which while not ideal, is playable.

1080ti will be fine for some time. If the current benchmarks are solid, expect the 2080ti to not be much better at anything other than adding ray tracing.

I got it for cheap years ago. Its been fine for the 1080p60Hz shit Ive been doing up til now

for only a graphics card?
i can get a whole iphone for that and play fortnite

Underrated

Fucking RTG! Where's the fucking Navi?

Shelved for Ps5 and xbox gen 4
Vega 20 is likely mcm 7nm and maybe after navi in 202x we will get something good.
Till then I'm hanging onto my 1080