How the fuck is that as laptops get more "advanced" we lose more and more features, like I/O, battery life...

How the fuck is that as laptops get more "advanced" we lose more and more features, like I/O, battery life, and generally a fucking computer that doesn't fucking give you third degree burns if you want to fucking do more than two things at once? Why do normalfags value looks over actual functionality? This fucking sucks

Attached: vivaldi_2018-09-12_13-53-15.png (695x455, 222K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/E485-RYZEN-2500U-256GB-BT4-1/dp/B07FNXH8HM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

feel free to buy a fat hp/lenovo briefcase that has everything you want. You're ranting about compact computers becoming more compact

normies browse facebook and read emails.
For this you only need high end cpu/ssd/ram to justify the price.

This said, I have an Asus UX331 and it's quite nice.

But the compact computers are the only ones that get decent specs these days. I could buy a chunky walmart-tier laptop, but that shit's going to have only 4GB of RAM at MAX, not to mention a ship processor and a myriad of other lowend hardware. I want a quality laptop that has 8GB ram at least, SSD, 1080p display, AND an onboard disc drive. There is no reason for ultrabooks to be super thin other than inticing normalfags with MUH SHINY TECH. There is no reason to value ultra low weight in a laptop if you don't have fucking brittle glass bones that shatter if you try to lift more than half a pound.

Where's the less advanced laptops with better battery life and I/O and temps?

You tell me

You still have options. If you have a tight budget, you can just buy a used thinkpad/elitebok/latitude e and upgrade if you want, 3rd gen i7 and i5 still has usable performance. And Lenovo still makes big ThinkPads with lot of features in the P series.
B-but an X230 is already compact enough...

They don't exist in my book.
You're just full of shit. Also what you want is quality laptops at walmart price, not quality laptops. There's many powerful fat 15.6" laptops out there. Who the fuck still use a disc drive.

>onboard disc drive
if you let go of this anachronism there are like 300 models that fit that decription

Name one decent modern linux compat laptop that doesn't require blobs

for ripping blurays from redbox?

>I/O
Well express cards got replaced with thunderbolt but AMD was left out obviously. Other than that, how exactly?
>battery life
Other than on macbooks, I don't see a decrease.
>third degree burns
Yeah that's the reason I won't buy a laptop before vendors start making AMD machines. I'm fed up with intel housefires.

get a fucking external BD drive for chump change. Do you really need to rip blurays while on the run?

What is Thinkpad P50

just torrent the videos like a normal person.

SNSV laptops suck dude

>tfw my laptop is a K42 Asus that I bought back in 2010
>has a dual core i5, garbage Radeon graphics
>but I can upgrade my RAM and drive to anything I want
>it came with a generic 6-cell battery that I eventually upgraded to a 12-cell for max battery life
>all the IO ports that I want and need, including an internal DVD/RW drive
>I tried to replace the garbage Radeon graphics for a better Nvidia mobile one but no one seems to sell them that works for my laptop
>all for $899
>served me well until now...until I tried shopping for a laptop again
>everything is paper thin garbage and has weak specs, gets hot quite fast and is just an expensive social media machine
>the more powerful ones are all tacky gamer bullshit that no self-respecting person would ever bring out to work unless you're an attention whore

What the fuck happened?

?

Attached: IMG_20180912_1146582.jpg (3996x1319, 912K)

what is that

A Panasonic CF-SZ6. Has ethernet and VGA on the other side and even a DVD-RAM writer. The only LEDs you'll find on it are status indicators and if it wasn't for the shitty touchpad and lack of trackpoint it'd be the true successor of the x220.

>Why do normalfags value looks over actual functionality? This fucking sucks
They dont value looks more they just have lower standard for functionality. All they want is an internet browser. they have no need for a hdd caddy, upgradable ram, usb ports etc

Is this one of the eepc things which comes with cloud storage and has like 64gb emmc? I tried putting ltsb and linux on my dads because it was slow as fuck desu. Couldn't even get it to boot into usb

surface book doesn't get hot bc the guts are behind the screen

>All they want is an internet browser
There's the perfect device for them and it's called an iPad.

is there a single laptop on the market right now that doesn't thermal throttle?

>Who the fuck still use a disc drive.
I wonder whos behind this post...

Attached: C.I.A..jpg (532x800, 50K)

Nothing. You're just looking in the wrong place
amazon.com/E485-RYZEN-2500U-256GB-BT4-1/dp/B07FNXH8HM

>4-core
>8 vega CU's
>Upgradeable dual ddr4 sodimm ram
>lots of USB ports and 1 gbit ethernet

No DVD drive, no one uses those on laptops, rip them and place them on the 256GB m.2 Nvme drive.

Nigga you could get it cheaper on Lenovo's official site, btw I double the battery life is good anyway on those machines, first it's ryzen apu and the size of battery is just petty. Other than those it's alright.

>What is Thinkpad P50
It's a Mobile Workstation, the absolute top tier of laptops, and way the fuck out of OP's price range

>doesn't get hot bc the guts are behind the screen
That would mean it gets twice as hot

Because Steve Jobs

What about MSI and other Gayming stuff? Those are the only powerful laptops these days.
Also Lenovo has line of powerful laptops, which they don't advertise as gaming and therefore sell cheaper.

>MSI
>Those are the only powerful laptops these days.
That's laughable

I said gaming laptops are powerful, not specifically MSI.
>workstation
Sure, but they rarely have good GPU.

>but they rarely have good GPU
Have you honestly attempted to spec out a Precision 7720, a ZBook 17 G4, or a Lenovo Thinkpad P71?

Those things have hardware options that don't even exist in "gaming" laptops.

I'm glad I got the prior gen Dell XPS 13. Normal USB ports (with an extra USB-C port which is fine), really good battery life and screen, and it doesn't try to burst into flames.

Attached: xps-13.jpg (965x523, 144K)

>Who the fuck still use a disc drive.

I do!

Here!

C'est moi ici!

Attached: quebec_pepe.png (792x772, 170K)

Sounds like you need a superior Japanese laptop

Attached: panasonic_sv7_2_575px.jpg (678x541, 16K)

Don't those cost like 4k USD? I wouldn't even mind that they look old that much...

1.5k. Around the same as a base-model MacBook Pro or midrange ThinkPad.

That would actually not be bad. I only saw it on some asian website, I cannot find them anywhere, not even ebay or amazon

Why the fuck have you not just bought a Thinkpad you cuck?

normies

>gaming laptop

enjoy your back brace and heater

>complains about new expensive laptops that have less features instead of buying old laptops for cheap

supreme brainlet

>Why do normalfags value looks over actual functionality
Normalfags wish to fit in

Get a ThinkPad E585. 15.6" screen, up to 1080p resolution, up to Ryzen 2700u (with Vega GPU), and up to 32 GB of RAM. No disc drive though, which is an ancient technology nullified by USB flash drives.

Stupid people who think that a good laptop is razor thin. Someone came up to me saying that someone else had asked if I "still used a laptop from 2002". The fuckwit who asked was probably only born in 1998. People see thick laptops and think "That is ancient" and that is probably a shitty computer.

On-device loadable firmware doesn't count.

Spent over $3000CAD on a xps 15 9560, I hate it. Dead pixels, doesn't want to use the dedicated graphics, and crazy throttling after it gets at all warm.

What would you guys recommend now for a 15" gaming laptop? Something that doesn't scream Alienware, I like sleek and I hate numpads

Terry explained this very simply in one of videos, can't remember which. Basically, laptops should be all about portability, lightweight, dependable but more focus on battery life, etc. Desktops are supposed to be the work horse, where all the power is at.

The direction tech is going now is the result of CIA niggers.

Chinkpad fanboy detected.
>>>/tpg/

It's cheaper to import them than buy the heavily marked up ones on eBay.

Literally just buy a mobile workstation.

That's not the worst part.

Worst part is :

>want laptop with 8750h
>one with nice IPS screen you can do work on is only on laptops with mx150 or some other shit tier gpu so you cant do any proper rendering wrok
>gaman laptops with gtx 1060s/8750h have shit tier 250 nit 50% gamut screens

fuck.

What about the XPS 15 or Zenbook Pro 15?

All the xps 15s seem to have 1050/1050ti's (and from what I've been reading have really bad throttling problems).

Same for zenbook 15 pro, all 1050s or 1050 tis

Attached: zenbook.png (2317x1249, 314K)

Stay far away from the XPS series. Unless you'll buy my 9560! (only a few dead pixels and throttling issues)

I browse on an Intel Atom Tablet, that i use for school and it only cost me 60. I have a dedicated desktop that cost me around 650 to make. I don't know why other people don't do this.

Some people just don't have the space for a desk.

See: dormitories

Thats because they have fucking expensive Quadros and Radeon Pros, hf paying 4-5k for a notebook with a decent card

what about a clevo barebone build?

a fucking cia nigger