Should i buy a nintendo switch

I want something portable for when I am lying in bed or on the bus and was wondering if not including the soi., is it decent for its price? And is there a laptop for the same price that works better?

Attached: nintendo-switch-colors.jpg (1200x800, 91K)

yes

the fact that you compared it to a laptop means you are retarded

please explain

Get a PSP.

Attached: 1523455488297.jpg (562x477, 86K)

The Nintendo Switch is a gaming console. It's meant to be used for video gaming. A laptop is a fucking business device. Its not meant to be used as a portable gaming device. If I saw someone like you using a laptop to game on the bus or in your bed, I would call you a retarded.

Moving on. The first party titles are limited at the moment, but they are amazing. The indie game scene makes up for any lack of first part content. Every Nintendo console was worth buying, especially if you bought it early in the lifecycle. Get it now. Buy games as they come out. It's a thoroughly enjoyable experience.

Can you just give me a god damn explanation. The switch is limited at the moment, if i could get a laptop at the same price that was as powerful why would it not be a good choice, i would have more options for games, i could emulate all the switch titles and use modding etc in skyrim while also having a larger screen and maybe higher resolution. Explain where i am wrong?

christ you really are retarded

i explained it to you

the switch is a device meant for gaming

a laptop is not

go buy a fucking laptop you idiot. you clearly don't understand how the quality of a user experience determines at product's worth

bump

Listen you sperg if you cant speak rationally fuck off, I have gave you my thoughts now can you refute them. If you can give me 3 valid reasons to buy a switch I will say "I am sorry you are right I am a complete retard"

So I repeat why would I buy a switch if I can get a tablet at the same price with a bigger and better screen, better graphics and the ability to play all the switch games plus other games like Grand theft Auto etc.

because that's not possible, you can't have a laptop and expect it to be high performance or high battery or low cost.

you'll have something that can barely play games and can barely hold a charge and is also very inconvenient to use in public transportation. a switch isn't that much better but it's a bit better.

psp is probably still relevant

PSP Go even

What? A laptop has a longer charge, and everything I just said still applies. Also it would be far better on public transport a laptop is much better. I am just going to cancel my switch order I was hoping it would have some benefits but its seemingly just a meme. Thanks for the help

I honestly wish it wasn't selling like hotcakes so that we'd have another massive price drop scenario just like the 3DS. $249 is what i believe to be the fair price, but $199-229 would be fucking incredible. Hell, i'd buy two or three for my friends. But alas, here i am, waiting for Smash and hoping it slightly drops in price before then, most likely in vain.

Attached: 1429009227777.jpg (400x267, 32K)

Seeing how it will soon be able to play games from ps1 and older consoles (and possibly PSP) it's not a bad idea. It's basically a much better PS Vita.
Still, GPD Win 2 is better if you want desktop games.

I don't understand I thought all Nintendo games can be emulated on pc or laptop?

wow keep dreaming dude

Unfortunately, we aren't in 2009 anymore. 3DS and Wii U emulation didn't become usable until late in both consoles' life spans, so who knows when Switch emulation will be possible. If it does become possible within the next 3-5 years, don't expect online play to work. I couldn't imagine Wii U emulation running smoothly on a laptop so Switch emulation like likely be even worse.

At this point you should wait until the inevitable improved Switch model comes out if you're that interested in purchasing one.

certainly not on a $300 laptop lmao

I really wish I could play fucking videos on it.

The screen is pretty good, and it's just the right size for portability

Attached: 20180213_184835.png (1009x1435, 1.12M)

750 resolution is what kills it for me, not worth it for that resolution

You'd have to be glacially stupid to pay money for a locked-down toy where you can't upgrade the GPU or even mod Skyrim.

Attached: skyrim glaciers mod.jpg (1920x1080, 192K)

Exactly, my plan was to get a gtx 1080 but I lost my bank card and cant find out how much I have in my account and I am sperging out not being impatient and was just going to get a switch so I have a new gadget to play instead of waiting another week or so

>I would call you a retarded

Attached: 1516845081731.jpg (645x729, 49K)

>A laptop is a fucking business device
Not all laptops are Thinkpads, silly.

Why did you make two threads

You need to immediately reevaluate your lifestyle. Gaming is something you do in the privacy of your home when nobody can hear you masturbate, you don't do it in public. Take your work with you on the train/in the car/whatever, do that during your commute, don't play video games in public.

Attached: 59513326.jpg (800x553, 70K)

I don't value others opinions, im 6.4 and well built so I don't have to worry about people calling me a soi boy or a nerd.

You fucking thick imbecile, I'm telling you not to jack off in public, how did you never learn this?

I love nothing more than punching your mothers filthy donut.

fuckin this, got one last week expecting to get memed but then its actually the best portable out there. my 3DS is only collecting dust for some time now.

Get the Switch.

I got one for casual gaming to compliment my desktop. It gets used a lot, friends love playing it together, it's casual enough that normies and girls will play, and it's starting to get a fair amount of good games with more coming.

A better question is, why ask this on Jow Forums? It's too expensive and already obsolete at launch, this is no place to discuss a Nintendo console.

The issue is overpriced games.

Attached: vgoggles.png (480x232, 86K)

>laptop for the same price that works better

If you wanna play the indie games that got ported over to the switch, maybe but even then you might as well cry cause half the time your game will chug. If you're wanting to try and emulate the switch's exclusive then no. Laptop for the price of a switch won't play many games well unless you find a really good deal.

Attached: 1528167681993.png (1159x665, 231K)

>caring about grammer online

Attached: boomer.jpg (1500x1378, 425K)

Op if you want a Nintendo console + select indies get a switch. If you want a laptop with an integrated graphics card to play indies on steam and old AAA games get a 300$ laptop. You won't be able to emulate switch for years on high end desktops. You are a dumbass if you think switch emulation is possible right now in a useful fashion.