Music production laptop

Sup, Jow Forums?

What are some really durable and powerful laptops that you would recommend?

I'm trying to expand my live music set up by incorporating Ableton and Max on a laptop.

The new Mac books look like fucking garbage, and I've used windows since I was a wee lad so I've no reason jump on the sinking ship that is Macbook pros.

I've been looking at the p72 that's coming out soon.

My budget is around $3000
Should I just get a gaming laptop? Even though the designs are fucking cringe as hell half the time.

Attached: Ableton-Live-9-tips-and-tricks-for-music-production.png (1440x856, 189K)

T440p.
FHD IPS + ~8-9h battery life with the 9-cell battery and a full voltage 47W quad core haswell.

razer blade 15 or macbook pro 15, no other choice tbqh

Why? The p72 looks hella powerful.

Razer blades are built like shit

And barely any ram, shit graphics card options and an outdated processor. Sign me up. Why is that laptop such a meme.

>My budget is around $3000
lol just get whatever the fuck you want. If i were you i'd get a razer blade though

Which model? I've heard bad things about the razer blades, and my experience with razer has always been shitty when it comes to their mice and keyboards.

He has a $3000 budget user.

Dell XPS 13/15 is on the top my laptop list right now. Nice build and good specs. 4k display option is nice.

wuts a good linux daw

the problem with gaming laptops is the GPU and it's unncessary energy consumption and heat . therere probably are some which can turn it off when not needed tho

>My budget is around $3000
Literally anything will do the job dude...

>Dell XPS 13/15
>*thermally throttles*

Lenovo X1 Extreme or Lenovo P1

Power wise all high end laptops will do so you have to pick based on your criteria of usage. Razer blade has a good keyboard (for slim notebooks) and even 1060 version will let you play any game on normal to high settings, but they are new to notebooks so horrible QA time to time. X1 is decent and light, decent keyboard and NIPPLE but it somehow overheats even with integrated graphics alone. Dell...fuck dell stay away from that garbage. Macbooks are probably the best laptops for music production, they are good all around, their driver support for audio is excellent and just werks (windows audio driver and external devices support was garbage but I jumped the ship from windows 7) and they have best trackpad plus running quiet vs cool helps, they cost a lot and have shit keyboard tho, OS X also has better UI then windows clusterfuck but since you are used to Windows you will take time adjusting and you don't seem to use logic pro which is another huge factor. p72 is fine, but you can get something thinner and lighter since it's in pro workstation league with quadro and xeon. In the end literally anything decent will do (except for dell because fuck dell again) so decide based on keyboard, looks and OS.

if the P72 wasnt so insanely expensive in my country I'd buy one in a heartbeat.
I can only dream of having such power at my fingertips

milkytracker or bust

why does it have to be a laptop?
If you're going to produce music you will probably need a dual monitor setup because working on Ableton, which has a ton of sub-windows, will be a pain in the ass to do in a single, small screen. I can't even imagine how frustrating it would be.
you'd better off buying a desktop with a powerful processor, shitloads of ram, two large ssd disks, one for your system, live install,VSTs and another one for your projects
you will also need a good table to accommodate two monitors, a midi controller, audio interface, etc.
with 3k you can do way more than just buying a computer, you can set up a very good studio.

Attached: 1536596626508.jpg (320x317, 27K)

user, have you seen the recent Macbooks?
it's primarily for LIVE stage performance. I have a desktop already. I need something mobile.

How is Ardour?

Where you from, user?

Iceland, the P72 isn't even available here yet, but the P52 costs roughly $7k. I can get a discount through work, but even then it's still almost $5k.
I'm honestly waiting for the X1 extreme to be available here and hoping it won't be too expensive