How do people who don't speak English write code?

How can you consume APIs and use libraries if you communicate in moonrunes?

Attached: download.png (225x225, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/snowie2000/mactype
github.com/piroor/treestyletab
emojicode.org/
github.com/andanteyk/ElectronicObserver
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: you.jpg (600x600, 296K)

>2018
>not coding in emoji

pretty sure english is the defacto language for it, so they'd have to at least understand it a bit.

There's this thing called "translation" where a text, in this case the library's documentation written in one language, by means of a translator is rewritten in a different language while still keeping the original meaning.

So they have to manually translate every line of code? Seems inefficient

That's interesting. I wonder if we'll start seeing Chinese and others making their own programming languages the same way they're trying to get away from Western hardware and web applications.

>So they have to manually translate every line of code? Seems inefficient
The code isn't translated, are you braindead? The documentation is. Everybody understands enough English to recognize function names and arguments.

(Last time I heard China had developed a python clone in Chinese)

You always have to understand a little bit of english for words like "for", "if", etc

I still name all my variables and functions in french though (or at least abbreviate them from french), and so does my university professor

Supa hacker ready for link up

Attached: Generals_Hacker.jpg (249x249, 48K)

>You always have to understand a little bit of english for words like "for", "if", etc
Not really. You just need to know the combinations of characters, not understand what the words are.

>moonrune variable names
>moonrune comments
>half english / half moonrune class and file names
>engurishu error messages

Attached: 1535804966525.jpg (676x960, 71K)

sounds horrible
does anyone know any jap github projects to see what their source code looks like?

using their fingers

Fuck these memeposters. Lurking.

They don't.

You won't find many programmers that don't have at least basic understanding of English

They don't. Understanding english is a prerequisite to learning programming language.

I don't know for chinese, but for japan it's mostly
>variables and function names are the japanese words written phonetically with alphabet.
>comments in moons
This. or written in broken english because either
>programming in english is leet in the eyes of undergrads
>there is a foreigner in the team
I guess it also help to to think in one language in your head, and use english as an intermediate to communicate with the machine.

You really need english. If you can't code in english you're pretty much a non-factor in the industry because there's just too much legacy behind english written code and America remains the dominant software producer

I studied abroad in China. They code in English and have Chinese programming books to help understand the syntax. Also, most college students I encountered have a decent grasp of English.

>67575647
based and redpilled.

Need to know English.

It just came to me why almost everyone in my CS course had a hard time coding for half the whole course.

OP, programming languages only have a limited vocabulary compared to a real language, so people can just learn those without learning english, it's just that if you know English it becomes much more intuitive.

お前わ死んでいる

は*

stfu I know

its harder to get good when ur just memorizing shit. understanding stuff helps to know what ur doing

github.com/snowie2000/mactype
github.com/piroor/treestyletab

English is the Latin of today. Necessary for global academia.

Attached: 5china-v83-conf-8.png (800x600, 207K)

there are consequences for having a caveman tier writing system.

According to my japanese cartoons, you copy open source english code and translate the comments

Attached: 1534573239912.jpg (1200x675, 115K)

Writing code is not speaking or writing english. Writing code is composed of few keywords from english with logic behind it. Logic is fairly universal and not dependent on any special language other than itself.

First of all: logic is universal.
Second of all: the keywords, basic classes, etc; are all still in English and written with Latin characters.
Third of all: the only real difference is the written language of comments and identifiers.

The overwhelming majority of programmers that I have encountered that were foreign all speak English decently and they all write comments/variable names/function identifiers/etc in English. It is inconvenient sometimes to write identifiers in other languages as a result of unicode characters not working in all programmes.

I find this highly problematic

ruby

Depends

For anyone programming professionally, knowing English is almost a requirement.

There are some non-English based programming languages but they aren't very popular at all. Some even don't use the Latin alphabet.

Personally, working in a professional environment in a Spanish speaking country, nearly all code (variables, function names, file names) and documentation must be in English, code comments might be in Spanish but it's encouraged to be in English as well. There's this whole "año - ano" issue as well which is kinda funny.

You seem to understand the language, so what's the issue?

i've seen it, they type like

incurudo estahndahd uriburari dotto achesu~
into maynnu~
charru asoterisku shee_pohinteru~

also, they don't type, they say it into a microphone. apparently its like poetry to them or some shit.

bool czy_op_to_pedał(użytkownik *op)
{
if(op=="pedał"){
print("Op to pedał");
return true;
}
return false;
}

>You won't find any GOOD programmers that don't have at least basic understanding of English
ftfy

You don't really have to learn English, only like ten words?
The rest is knowing the Latin alphabet, which is taught in every country in the planet, just like Arabic numerals.

Look at the antd library if you want the inverse. The documentation is being translated from Chinese to English.

私は外人だけど、日本語だけでプログラムするんだ。

お前 は もう 死んでいる
You (topic) Alerady Dead
____(particle)

They are terrible at naming var.

That's just about it. You don't need a degree in literature to read If Else.

what the fuck do you mean whats the issue????

its fucking racist against other languages ffs

I only code in englisch, I even order my personals files this ways.

German here, so no moonrune experience.
Your code doesn't exist in a vacuum. In it, you call library functions that usually have English names. So for the sake of not switching between languages, we usually give our functions English names as well. Comments might be German, though, depending on how low you have to go for other coworkers to understand what's supposed to be happening. But beware: Often compilers or interpreters complain about non-ASCII characters, so you can't use ä, ö, ü, ß.

Why would you write code in fucking french? Are you retarded or something? You don't need to be an expert in English to be able to give some simple names to your variables and functions. You'll have some hard time when you start working on some real projects, which are all in English.

>github.com/snowie2000/mactype
this

Not user, but I can think of two advantages:
1) You instantly name your functions and variables and don't ponder for five minutes if you still struggle with the language.
2) You instantly see what's yours and what are library functions. That might also prevent name clashes, like when you write functions that are named "get_string()" or "read()".

emojicode.org/

This. The Hacker's Manifesto unironically solidified this notion and now it's pretty much standard.

they use
may allah forgive me for uttering that word
WinDEV

You can go a long way with code examples alone. Then it's down to whether you know how to program or not.

I'm currently in the opposite situation where I'm maintaining ancient German software and it's not feasable to translate into english.

There are only about 50 tokens in a programming language, an API can provide maybe 400 names, you can learn those without knowing english

Trolling or not, I was looking into this idea awhile back. Apparently not being a native speaker can be helpful as the real world ideas the keywords intend to mimic arent as strong allowing the coder to have an easier time understanding what the computer itself is doing.

There are also langs that use china chars only, but that will never catch on as most langs use roman letters or can at least relate to them more than fucking kanji

Instead of complaining about it, why don't you make your own dialect if it bothers you this much. People who speak like this I find rarely to be useful. Always drop to blame others first, avoid the effort for emotional guilt.
>racist racist, do work for me!
Worst kind of people.

i clicked that and regretted it

how can you type 'ls' if you don't have a word for that? it's the same with GOTO or WHILE or FOR - you just take those as their own concepts/terms and don't attach any real world meaning to it. I learned programming way before I learned english. So for me GOTO was always "continue execution at the given line of code". only later I learned that it means "go to". (yes, my first language was BASIC on a C64 - now fuck off millennials/gen-z kids with your shitty javascript)

you frenchies are retarded.

go and suck a shotgun, you subhuman. understanding that the 4 characters "GOTO" mean "go to" in english isn't the same as understanding the concept behind it. it could be called FNURBS for what it's worth and people still would grasp the concept of "execute code at given line". you don't need to know what something literally means in english to understand what it does. holy shit you degenerate americans are real subhumans. I hope your left accelerates the white genocide so you all get raped by niggers and the kikes dance on your graves while raping your overweight 56% brown children

I abhor non-english identifiers. source code should be all in english. (I had the pleasure to work with code that had identifier names in russian moon runes. what a mess)

no it's not

you can learn concepts without understanding the language the words are based in

my mother works as a radiologist in a german hospital and cannot speak english at all - yet is able to use the MRI machine without problems, despite its english UI

coding isn't even that dependant on english. it's only using about 50 words or so and you don't need to know any english grammar at all. anyone can learn some vocabulary.

I'm sure most here have picked up at least 50 japanese words from watching subbed anime alone

>warning critical error: radiation too high
huh, was ist das? sauerkraut? scheisse! hahaha grunz grunz *dead patient*

>racist against a language
kill yourself, baka-senpai

I think there are programming languages that are in languages other than english but a lot of people just use english.

>if you still struggle with the language
then you should fucking kill yourself.

Attached: a9pGP4K_700b.jpg (700x983, 97K)

witam

jebac polske

pozdrawiam

everything seems to be in english
why do japanese like ruby that much?

They simply write self-documenting brainfuck code. Whats the big deal? No need for english whatsoever.

>mfw i can tell which anime it is by the code i'm presented with

Attached: 0d6.jpg (500x500, 78K)

>everything seems to be in english
Hmm, to be fair. It's been a long time since I looked. Even in the issues, their English seems to have improved. I wonder if you can go to early commits in the history, or if that's omitted.
One thing I have noticed with the Japanese (on the internet) in general, seem to have no regard for archiving. The current generation seems to be the opposite, archiving everything, but for a long time, and maybe for a large portion still, they just blow history away.
People on /v/ say this is especially true for game designers who would just not backup source code for really big projects.

>why do japanese like ruby that much?
I wonder if it has something to do with the grammar. Something about Ruby connects with Asian looking scroll text.

>It was designed and developed in the mid-1990s by Yukihiro "Matz" Matsumoto in Japan.
Ah, there it is.

Attached: Sand Mandala.webm (1282x540, 2.93M)

github.com/andanteyk/ElectronicObserver