You could have bought at $2

>you could have bought at $2
>you could have been retired right now

Attached: maH5QIj.png (632x534, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QX1SojKfgNI
robinhood.com/
marketwatch.com/story/moviepass-parent-helios-and-matheson-to-implement-1-for-250-reverse-stock-split-2018-07-24
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i think living costs more than 30 dollars unless you live in russia

>you can only buy one share

I think muh appul didn't make new Mac Mini because of the Intel fuckups lately?

>(You)

Attached: zero is infinity.png (351x252, 18K)

Invest in self first. Much better odds.

check'd

Attached: sawyer.gif (260x200, 1.93M)

>You could have shorted
>You could have been retired 1000x over

Attached: you could have retired 1000x.png (666x607, 32K)

what happened here?

youtube.com/watch?v=QX1SojKfgNI

A failing company

Moviepass; they basically showed that they were incapable of making any money, then they kept issuing more stock, thereby lowering the price even further.

It's the company behind MoviePass, which all came crashing down earlier this year when they ran out of money due to a non-viable business model.

Oh well in that case start shorting snapchat that shit will go to 1 cent within a couple of years

>you could have chosen the winning lottery numbers
>you could have been retired right now

>calls himself a tech enthusiast
>didn't see the writing on the wall in regards to the AMD surge

>Could have retired today

Attached: could have retired pt2.png (654x607, 28K)

Shit. Didn't know AMD stock was that low. Would have bought. Would have made hundreds of thousands before taxes.

I bought at $1.90, but not as much as I should have ;(

>calls himself a tech enthusiast
>didn't see the writing on the wall in regards to bitcoin and other crypto currencies

Attached: DdeE179V0AYtEfk.jpg (963x962, 142K)

That's a nice shitcoin you've got there Jow Forums.

Unless they get bought out or come up with a business model where they blackmail people with their nude photos. See its never a sure thing with stocks.

>housing bubble gonna pop soon
>cryptoscam showing its true colours
>Chip manufactoring is already and will probably continue to skyrocket
>ad sharing faggotry is way too high
>security tech is just out of reasonable price range

whats the next big thing to buy stocks in
asking for a friend

>t.

Attached: 1505147990486.jpg (329x329, 57K)

I bought some at 25, then shitbuckets more at 27. Not the best but it's pretty okay now desu.

So where on the forbes list are you mr.tech enthusiast ?

I made a lot and then gambled it all on csgo skins but at least I still made $3k sitting on my neet ass

i bought at 9 and sold at 20, and now i'm kicking myself for not holding a little longer and getting to 30

>you could have retired

Unless you invested over $100k you are no where near retirement off AMD stock alone unless you live in the ghetto for practically nothing.

maybe you didn't buy at $2 but at least you didn't sell at $10 right?

Attached: ht.png (933x1300, 792K)

Glad the only scam drug company I own shares in is GALT.

no customers

>thinking you can beat the market
>getting mad you couldn't predict stock prices
>not buying index funds and beating everybody who thinks they can actually beat the market
>gambling with your money

ishygddt

>gambling

>tfw

Attached: IMG_20180912_203257_652.jpg (720x1280, 52K)

Jews

>>not buying index funds and beating everybody who thinks they can actually beat the market

Index funds are way too safe and low growth, that's for when you're 35 or 40 and have a kid. Even the slightly riskier low market cap index funds are basically garbage. Here's what you do, take out a loan for 30k and start gambling on the stock market completely blindly

ah thank you!

i actually do important work keeping people alive

nice list of meme stocks there

Is buying some now a bad idea?

for you

Holy hell. It just keeps getting worse the further back you look.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 6.02.31 PM.png (1252x750, 115K)

I farted

never buy biotech kids

that's because they recalculate the cost per share taking into account the reverse split

>bought 1 share of amd to get their secret 10% shareholder discount

how do you buy stocks t.brainlet

This was my first step into the stock market, so I'm pretty happy with what I have. Since I'm Australian and all of this is handled in USD I'll also make a bit on exchange too. Basically doubled my money, thinking I should sell now while I'm ahead, but I want to hold out for Zen2.
Losing $1k doesn't really mean much for me

Attached: Screenshot_20180913-110913__01.jpg (1918x255, 51K)

Uh. Explain?

get a trading account.

if you are in the US, robinhood.com/

marketwatch.com/story/moviepass-parent-helios-and-matheson-to-implement-1-for-250-reverse-stock-split-2018-07-24

hmny merges every 250 shares into 1 share
but now for historical comparison you need to display the "price per share" where the number of shares isn't how many existed then but rather how many exist now
so basically all the prices from before the date of the reverse split are x250

let me know if I need to use smaller words and shorter sentences

Get a Interactive Brokers account if you want trading API access.

Sell as it goes up, buy as it goes down

Depending on how your broker works and what the fees are of course. You don't have to buy everything/sell everything all at once.

buy high
sell low
i can still make it

Attached: b37.png (440x448, 152K)

>why did you not buy that company that was on the verge of bankruptcy ?

If I'm not in the US?

I would appreciate smaller words and shorter sentences

holy shit

No, the key to it is to buy while it's cheap. Then hang on to it for a few years. If the stock soars then you can sell some or all or hang on to it. If the company gets bought or merges then there's good chance your stock value will be worth loads more depending on who the other company is. Look at Amazon. Stock was cheap as shit in 1996. Now it's worth a bundle for a single share. You (or your parents) could've been set for life if you bought Amazon in 1996.

ah yes, the good ol' fore sight play comes in.

If we only had a magic ball that could have predicted that amazon would be worth a trillion dollars 22 years later.

I bought at 8

I could have bought last week's winning powerball ticket too

Depends on how much you have to invest

Don't wait too long to sell it all out. AMD is not a company of consistently and their past should tell you it's not going to last.

Attached: file.png (676x434, 34K)

small caps are doing quite well right now. i just dropped 50k on ETFs - smallcap, mid cap, large cap, sector, etc - two months ago and they have beaten all my other investments other than lockheed martin and qualcomm.

the IT sector ETF alone grew 10% in two months. not a single one less than 5%.

two months. and no end in sight, at least for another year.

you can't beat the market. lockheed will stall. you'll panic. withdraw your money. pay taxes. all these little things add up. with compounding interest it is obvious that nobody beats buying and holding the market broadly over ten years. it simply doesn't happen.

compounding returns rather

>trying to get away from Jow Forums for 5 minutes to get relief from pain
>find stock charts even on Jow Forums
This board hates me

redpill me on the brokerage industry. why does it cost 11 dollars a trade? is it a scam? why do i need to pay somebody to buy stock?

No problem, not guy you're quoting (he's a retard)

But essentialy if you had 250 shares in old stock, which was like $0.10 per share, you would get 1 share, which was worth $25.

BUT

If you had 1 share in old stock, they rounded it up so you would get 1 share in NEW stock. In other words, you got FREE MONEY for holding less. I ate up my losses when I lost a few dollars prior the split by selling it when it was about $20 a share. My position was like $3 in old stock at the time.

However, if you need any simpler explanation, you're a retard and should not be posting on this website.

So did everyone holding less than 250 shares in old stock just get given 1 share in new stock? After the merge

>T.brainlet sorry

funny that this thread should be in Jow Forums

>1996-7 spike is K6 surprising everyone
>First big spike are Athlon kicking P3's ass and Athlon XP kicking early P4's ass
>Second big spike is Athlon 64 kicking late P4's ass
>Current spike is Ryzen kicking WhateverLake's ass
It hasn't peaked yet because 7nm Ryzen still has to come out, so still a good time to buy. But true, once Intel gets its shit together after the 10nm and meltdown/spectre fiasco, it's back to $4 for AMD.

Asian CEO like Nvidia, so no, this is not going to be a repeat of old AMD history. This is going to be a slaughter of the chinks vs the jews. We might even see Intel cry for help from Trump despite leaving the economics advisors' board in a tantrum last time.

The trading fee is pocket change to the people who make the largest trades. You probably aren't buying or selling such massive amounts of stock though so Robinhood is probably good for you. It is extremely bare-bones as far as brokerage accounts go but you can always use sites and tools outside of your brokerage's tools if you want to do your own market analysis. Or you could just open an account with multiple brokerages and have access to all the features they all have.

Something is fucky with that

Attached: 1528747840517.png (340x304, 129K)

>tfw bought amd at $2
>made $50000
feels good

BASED boardroomposter

you truly know how to ride the wave, you know the inner workings of the stock market.

buy high,

sell low.

based

Attached: 1524242046432.jpg (186x356, 10K)

No one is talking about biz here though