I hear that there's high demand and low supply for people in tech...

I hear that there's high demand and low supply for people in tech, but then why is there so many people unable to find entry level jobs?

Attached: 3xyxchgtqbl11.jpg (750x750, 80K)

Where I live you get a job 100% of the time if you have a degree in CS.

Where do you live? Asking for a friend.

there is a demand for competent, non-autistic workers.

9 times out of 10 the person complaining they are unable to find a job is the same person you wouldn't hire if you were the one interviewing them.

Because every one wants experienced people

Germany.

If you're half decent you should have no trouble getting work in Sweden as a programmer or devops

I realized there's a high demand for COMPETENT people in tech. Nobody cares about a CS degree if you have nothing else to show with it.

Personally I'm having a hard time finding a job in Canada, didn't really take anything too seriously during uni, no internships or side projects, shit GPA. I wouldn't hire me. I can program but I literally just don't know where to start in terms of projects. I can program some fizzbuzz in C or Java but I don't know how to turn that into a project I can showcase to employers. Also I'm, getting a sneaking suspicion I may not be 'diverse' enough for employers either.

The sad reason why is because we are being replaced by pajeets. We are often better than pajeets at building software and IT in general but we cant beat the corporate Jews. Hillary Clinton literally went to India to apologize for Donald trump. The jews havent given up their agenda

It's really a different culture, here for soem reason the degree is really almost everything. I know so many people who can hardly code, never did internships and still got a job right after they got a bachelor. Now in silicon valley you get 100k starting, here you can be happy if you get 50-60, but getting a job is not hard.

entry level is completely saturated.
supply FAR surpasses demand.

>Personally I'm having a hard time finding a job in Canada, didn't really take anything too seriously during uni, no internships or side projects, shit GPA. I wouldn't hire me. I can program but I literally just don't know where to start in terms of projects. I can program some fizzbuzz in C or Java but I don't know how to turn that into a project I can showcase to employers. Also I'm, getting a sneaking suspicion I may not be 'diverse' enough for employers either.
Are you me? I'm a leaf too with pretty much the same situation as you. Been unemployed for a year since graduating. I only have some minor side projects and open source contributions.

the US economy is at nearly full employment
if you can't find a job there is objectively something wrong with you

yeah I think we got memed on. I wish I just did a trade instead

The number is fudged. The real unemployment is at around 30 percent

Where did you guys get your degrees?

It's never too late. I'm going to learn a trade because I can't deal with the liberal propaganda in tech. I would rather make an honest 20-25$ an hour as a plumber or something like that than work in corporate tech culture in california and make 80k a year

What gender is this thing supposed to be?

too bad eurocuck devs don't make much money

This. If the unemployment was actually low wages would be going up. Wages are still low meaning the labor pool is as pliable as ever.

looks pretty good to me

Attached: 1523045086193.png (809x605, 63K)

>Entry Level; 3 years experience required, 5 preferred

Yea, I mean it's ok but nothing too special. my point wasn't so much that it's very easy to get a job here, although that was part of it and also I was not very clear maybe. Because I don't think it's necessarily easier here, it's just different.
You will get a job with a degree, but on the other hand if you are self taught it will be very hard. Noone cares about some bootcamps or your GitHub. For the very good jobs you just get automaticaly filtered out if your gpa isn't good enough, no matter what projects you were part of.

not where I live
$15/hr min wage

According to the BLS you're no longer unemployed if you haven't had a job for six months. Because reasons.

Jobs that require 2-3 years xp routinely pay less than 14/hour where I live.

Because the demand is for skilled workers. Pretty much everyone is shit, so supply is low.

There is no such thing as High demand and low supply for people in tech, everyone fucking does it. This isn't the 1990's where it boomed and your fathers told you to rush to the field because they were grandfathered into it by a previous job working with wires and electronics.

High demand and low supply in 2018 is Trade Jobs. So sorry bro, trade in your computer for a welder.

14 dollars an hour no benefits

>grocery bagger position wants six years experience
>office assistant position wants three years and offers an unpaid internship instead
>landscaping company wants three past employer references with active phone numbers

Attached: 1211932158467.jpg (793x594, 34K)

If the unemployment rate was actually low, employers would clamoring for workers and getting rid of their stupid arbitrary requirements.

That's not what unemployment rate means. A town with one job and three residents has 66% unemployment, and nobody is clamoring for workers. There are too many unqualified workers and not enough jobs for them.

Same. Although I feel like the trades are also memes.

Dalhousie University. It's CS department is alright.

Because they don't dream in code.

The thing about trades is they're in demand in every part of the world because it's a practical skill set that's needed. So they will never not be in demand.

>There are too many unqualified workers
Is this true or just something (((they))) say so we can bring more immigrants into the country?

Dahlhousie university is SHIT! If you didn't get into UofT or Waterloo or Queens you may as well just KILL YOURSELF. I have bad news for you bucko: you didn't make the cut. Why don't you just go all out and study Diverse Transnigger Studies at York!

In theory they could become oversaturated very easily, but the number of people willling to pick up more than twenty pounds regularly appears to have been dropping generation after generation. Instead we get English and Theater Arts majors 'pursuing their passions' and then complaining about student debt and insufficient state patronage for the arts.

It's true, about a three to one ratio of people with nothing above a high school diploma or GED and the jobs available to them. The immigrant issue is only sort of related, since this blocks their unskilled laborers.

i was happy, but now i am sad.

Everyone's stupid so the demand will remain high until civilization finishes collapsing. If you want a job in tech, all you have to do is convince the people in charge of hiring that you are competent. Since none of them are competent, they won't be able to tell, so really you just need to act in the way everyone expects a competent person to act. To people who can't act, it will seem that there aren't enough jobs.

>Dal
heh me too, we probably were in some classes together

All of them

Attached: genderfluid.jpg (640x640, 61K)

>Queens
lel, I this is bait but I'm from NS so I just to the best uni here to save on costs. I probably could've got into those schools back in high school when I was a top student and had other shit.

Kom_i really looks like shit 80% of the time

See I got Certs cause for "Entry Level" such as basic tech or network tech that's all you need. Honestly far as the realistic requirements for the job(s) that's all you need. No previous experience, just the Certs + HS. Now for higher up the tech pole, then yes, having experience plus Certs or a college degree is mandatory. No one with a lick of common since would hire some green kid to be a System Admin for example. The only way that kid would get to be a System admin is if he started out low on the pole and everyone above him just retired/left. He'd get the job by default. Least till they hired someone else.

Girls in business casual menswear are hot as fuck, prove me wrong. I'd love to see some petite bitches wearing a pantsuit and a ballgag.

Or if his uncle was in charge of hiring.

Gay desu.

She looks like a real human bean from Japan.

>I'd love to see some petite bitches wearing a pantsuit and a ballgag.
Men's fashion has changed since my day user.

Attached: cycling.jpg (600x659, 97K)

it's because the hirers are HR people and they are dumb as fuck, thinking the 5 years exp in c# or java counts for anything. I prefer to hire untainted souls and train them myself, though HR does not like this approach and keeps sending me pajeets who lie on their resume.

my theory is because tech really doesn't need that many programmers. once the initial killer app or whatever is developed, a lot of it is maintenance.

haha I feel you user
>be hiring tech people
>HR sending me resumes
>Just a bunch of liars
>End up hiring the least lying dude
>White man
Tell me why Jow Forums

convincing someone that you are full of shit requires some level of skill though.

Entry level dronework is for pajeets. You are basically competing with a billion indians working for a pack of ramen per hour.

Become decent, and you'll have plenty of work. Or at least show some potential.

Racist

STOP BULLYING MY WAIFU Kom_i YOU FUCKING NIGGERS

>be hiring tech people
>HR sending me resumes
>Just a bunch of liars
>Forced to hire some guy's lying nephew
>Indian man
Tell me why Jow Forums

im not moving to the congolese colony formerly known as germany

damn those are good numbers

why do people believe a CS degree means anything? just look at their github. craft is obvious. you can see in two minutes if somebody has potential.

that's a guy isn't it

What if I get an associates degree in it and certs would that be the way to go? I'm kinda scared of going to college to go in debt.

>I can program fizzbuzz
Is that all you can do? That might be the problem

100% this.
Demand still exists and fucking incompetent idiots will of course always be applying for high paying jobs. This is who you hear complaints about it from.

besides help desk are there any other entry level tech jobs that I can get into with just a degree and/or a little knowledge?