Why does CS attract such spergs?

Where are all the chads and babes? All my classes are either full of pajeets, or kids wearing anime shit who look like they hang out in hot topic.

Attached: 400.jpg (562x400, 201K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_effect
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The jews push this shit

Because your college is a daycare for kids that are too immature to work and aren't thinking about what they're doing with their life.

It's college that attracts ugly losers, not computers.

But outside of my classes my friends have normal people in their classes you could go to the bar and shoot the shit with

Ok then why did it attract these people? I thought people like these were just a meme on Jow Forums but apparently they are real.

Chads and Stacys are too busy getting economics and finance degrees because they realize that IT is becoming less and less about autists sitting in a room coding and more about high-level business application design in the cloud.

Modern IT is all about soft skills, understanding databases and being able to design good, flexible system architecture. Only the top 5% of CS students will ever actually be hired by software companies and only the top 1% will land a FAANG job that's worthwhile and isn't just a code-monkey job designed to get cheap labor out of you and burn you out.

Attached: 1536634676609.jpg (415x234, 36K)

Isn't cloud just a meme though?

Attached: 1534877835290.jpg (1024x513, 64K)

Could it be because pajeets, and kids wearing anime shirts are interesting in technology, while chads and babes aren't?

Not quite, there's plenty of insanely hot girls majoring in chem eng, biology and linguistics where I live.

Because programs are the only thing in the world that even utter losers like you can have control over

because CS is almost entirely analytical thinking and requires no social skills, unlike most other professions

>Isn't cloud just a meme though?
People probably say that, the same way people said the same thing about the internet at one point.

Attached: 1528763208637.png (500x579, 267K)

>isnt paying someone money to host and manage your shit so you don't have to pay people and electricity a meme
You tell me user

Electricity could be a meme at this point

I love how some people actually boast about knowing SQL and how to make an ERD while in a real CS/engineering curriculum that shit is not even considered difficult and worthy enough to be discussed in a lecture and you are pretty much expected to just teach it yourself on your phone while taking a shit

Can't talk about the US but here in Europe finance is definitely the less comfy ride if you don't have connections

Chads are on actual enginerding, you know, those who deal with skookum tools and make things chooch instead of just sitting in front of the confuser all day long.

Finance here is cucked, the people i know who graduated finance just are a face for the actual people who do the real investing.

It's a meme in the sense that XaaS has always been popular to bigger or smaller extents and marketeers are trying to market as if it is some new, genius idea

Yes, you should definitely know how modern cloud computing works (I.e. learn AWS, Azure etc.) And it has benefits for basically everyone. But it is not "revolutionary"

I fucking made that particular edit, funny that you saved it. I forgot about it

Attached: Oh_My_Sides!.jpg (600x603, 39K)

Is SQL even hard to learn?

Cs has been attracting spergs and weirdos since before your brothers and sisters were jizz stains on the mattress. If you're surprised at this point that shit is on you.

that's what everyone on Jow Forums looks like too, did you expect a bunch of straight laced happy days type characters on an anime chat website?

I thought it was just a stereotype though. Do the professors expect people like this or do they think they are faggots?

I would think that too. I don't live near Frankfurt or London etc.but here you could end up at the reception of a bank with a finance degree. For such a degree that actually has content that is something that would break me. While here you're basically set for life with any IT jdegree and you will actually do what you studied for.

>But it is not "revolutionary"
Nobody ever said revolutionary.

>while in a real CS/engineering curriculum that shit is not even considered difficult
And nobody said it's hard. That's why normies go to school for business-related degrees and learn whatever easy SQL / design stuff they need to know on the job.

Attached: 1536786383246.gif (205x223, 1.1M)

Why not just switch major, OP?

Why do people fail at learning SQL in the freshman classes then?

Because people who spend a lot of time socializing don't have the time to be good at CS. Are you really this retarded, OP? You may as well ask why there aren't more women in tech as your next question.

What do you look like, friend?

It's practically English.

Learning to understand apply joins might be a little tricky but other than that it's easy peazy

>Why do people fail at learning SQL in the freshman classes then?
If the curriculum is anything like pic related, then obviously because they don't belong in college.

Attached: sql_college.png (931x654, 97K)

>Where are all the chads and babes?
chad hires and fires the subhuman codemonkeys
babes gets fucked by chad

No. SQL syntax is easy, it can only get complicated when you have to write queries that combine a bunch of tables that have no direct reference point between the data sets, i.e. when you have to unravel somebody's already horrendous database design. But that's just like unfucking legacy code, you get better with experience.

SQL is one of those archaic pieces of shit that just won't die and noone is making a real attempt at coming up with a better query system for RDBMSs

Business people don't have what it takes to design effective systems because they don't understand the financial and practical implications of their decisions nor do they actually understand workflows

Managers don't design processes. The manager is there to understand the business requirements and to delegate and coordinate the work to fullfill them. The business people you imagine might be able to do all intellectual labour for a McDonalds, but for a serious, multibillion dollar multinational corporation? Delusional. This is why you are on g instead of biz

I feel u bro. And theres a big fat kid who asks retarded questions and makes me want to die. If i get the chance, I'll record him. He asked how big a CPU is and this is fuckin discrete structures

>Business people don't have what it takes to design effective systems because they don't understand the financial and practical implications of their decisions nor do they actually understand workflows
Since when do CS students learn about making decisions around financial implications and practical workflows?

Attached: 1528936701513.jpg (400x564, 40K)

I mean it still gets used but normally it just gets abstracted away in a repository layer of an application. So you maybe fuck with it a few times to fix some issues but otherwise it gets left alone unless you're getting new types of data in that you have to account for.

They do at decent top 1000 universities. Maybe don''t waste your $$$ on the Trump University of Nigerville

Top 1000 universities? You mean top 2000

>They do at decent top 1000 universities
You waste those trips on a lie. CS students make fools of themselves at their first jobs 9 times out of 10 due to naivety and an autism-focus on making perfect software.

this

CS students lack pragmatism and the ability to ship

based chad does it again

is it normal to refer to oneself as a "computer scientist?"

I've also asked this question and decided no, it's not. We're, in general, no different than construction workers.

The exception of course are grad students / professors working on programming languages, quantum computing, algorithms or something equally big-brained

What the fuck is with all self hating CS fags lately?

Attached: 1527554408726.gif (250x194, 47K)

These people are in it for the money and they hate themselves because they chose the wrong major.

Freshmen who are taking their first compsci courses and already failing them.

he must be extremely intelligent and critical for the company to allow him to dress like a fucking clown.

>tfw you are a brainlet and you have to comply to the company dress code.

>in it for the money
that's going to be a problem in pretty much any field. Many, if not most, people have zero overlap between things they're interested in and things an employer will pay people to do.

Imagine him in construction or factory.

>gets fired because he can't choose which bathroom to use and isn't allowed to vape inside the factory.

You sound like a dumb redditor that obviously have never worked in an IT company, the vast amount of people are normal white color workers.

>algorithms
>big brained

Attached: 8nRqoXW.png (800x729, 48K)

Well this is my freshman year at uni so yeah

but companies still use it anyways yeah? Come up with one if you are THAT triggered by a boomer language

Boomers make up a majority of that industry, the second they're gone its guaranteed to be the golden era of new languages. most are too retarded to pick up anything new and still think B is a god tier language.

I've known some chads and babes. The ones I know often say that they are "too stupid" to go for such majors or "i don't want to sit in front of a computer"(which is actually legitamite). I rememer one girl i was freinds with who claimed that she was too stupied to go premed and instead wanted to do hairdressing because she heard she could get 100k in the bay area.

Oh look, it's the "everyone but me is a sperg" thread again.

new languages like Mongo DB still have some elements from SQL tho, it's easier to adapt them if you have knowledge in RDBMS and SQL

>Oh look, it's the "everyone but me is a sperg" thread again.
this

OP might not know that he is in fact, himself, unfortunetly a sperg(i'm not saying that he is though)

>Chad browsing Jow Forums
At least put some effort.

Isnt mongo db a meme still

Yes, I see hardly anyone uses or requires it
Small to medium companies just ask for MS Access / SQL Server and call it a day, while Oracle DB is just pure shit

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_effect

I will post face because i believe it is only fair, i'm OP.

Attached: 89bv6tgve57b5.jpg (540x603, 135K)

Is that online course on udemy with mongo db worth even looking at then. I keep getting their adds with that faggot gook with the little glasses and high pitched voice.

Are you a trans faggot

Still fuckable. Would smash OP

Low standards, i guess that's expected from Jow Forums

Attached: 1534198920637.png (200x300, 28K)

I seriously can't tell if this is a man or a woman

Attached: 1535393834062.jpg (460x800, 259K)

Does this just confirm the people behind the "everyone but me is a sperg" threads are in fact complete spergs.

be my bf

Is this a man or a very ugly woman?

It confirms most of them look like retarded faggots

well just imagine that you are ugly pale skinny guy with permanent acne and nice guy^TM mentality and you are going into any social sphere. You are pretty much doomed to fail if only you do not have charisma superpowers. You are going to be 'that guy' schmuck singleton among normal people other way.

Science and engineering are spared from these people because it is too much complicated for them. In CS, you can just sit inside your pink bubble world and pretend that you are the high-value king who will eventually change the world with radfeminism or any SJWshit you can only imagine, and nobody will interfere your great and invincible plans as you don't need to interact much with other people and can just block that hater on your twitter or facebook idk.

Also don't forget that CS is a brave new world for normies and it's getting paid much, so it attracts pretty much everyone.

Attached: 1534950652497.png (1575x886, 860K)

Because it's the ultimate major for your typical sheltered talentless mediocrity that only developed a mild propensity for analytical thinking because of complete and utter social ineptitude throughout their formative years.
>isn't as intellectually demanding as natscience
>doesn't require a balanced mix of innate analytical abilities and social skills like engineering proper or law
>isn't completely out of reach for terminal autists like medicine, finance and humanities
>extremely low entry barrier coupled with shortage of workforce on nigh every competency level, abundance of remote and freelance work pretty much guarantees employment in the sphere save for deliberate self-sabotage
>extremely high skill ceiling both in the industry as well as in academia where it essentially becomes applied math research, that allows one to cast grand aspirations and preserve the insufferable pseud attitude even if one does little more than a bootcamp monkey
It's essentially tailor made for people who never grow out of the edgy fedora stage, Now, of course, like everywhere there are genuinely brilliant, inspired individuals that go on to extract the most out of their studies and achieve (like most of Jow Forums :^), but the baseline is this: insecure autismos that struggle with freshman algebra, yet think themselves just half a peg below Einstein, lecture people on lifelong learning, while doing nothing but practice exact same shit in different languages/frameworks and watching anime, and sweat profusely in any mildly social situation that takes longer than a scrum meet. This relates only to Bachelors of course, so my advice is to ignore, focus on your coursework/projects and power through. The higher you land after college, the less likely you'll be surrounded by these creatures again.

Dumb cis scum

Because spergs have better pattern recognition ability, which is a major prerequisite for being a super-sperg, aka CS major.

Attached: redpilledaf.png (600x380, 293K)

Well, eventually you are going to figure out that only a few people are able or willing to sit down at a computer all day and maintain 100% focus while navigating through a web of structures, logic, and symbols. Most people go down that path because they can't relate to people to begin with and kind of don't have any other option. They spend more time hiding behind their computer when they are younger than interacting with people.

If you major in data analysis and stuff then sure, fire away. If you just learn it as a backup in case you failed everything in life like me, then no. And
>>>pay to learn any coding language ever
All you need in programming is algorithm, user, which is feasible by researching by yourself. The coding languages may have different syntaxes, but the way you approach a problem and solve it is the same an more important regardless of what you are learning.
tl,dr: udemy is a meme, don't be a fag