Rerolling W7

Sup Jow Forums,

I've got this laptop which accidentally got infected with Windows 10 and I'm trying to install W7, but it's putting up a fight.

A virtual drive gives me an error message just as any other attempt other than installing through a bootable USB drive. But where's the option??

Any help greatly appreciated, thanks

Attached: 20180913_045756.jpg (2048x1152, 897K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Full/Installation
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>it gives me an error!
>heres a picture of BIOS
For fucks sake, can you at least be verbose on what the error is? Maybe take a screenshit of that.
If you're using a USB thumbdrive, it might be under Harddrive BBS Priorities. If it isn't in there, check if USB is atleast enabled. If it is, then your flashdrive is trash.

Yeah I'm being a dumbass, under Harddrive BBS the Sandisk (my usb drive) was listed but it's still not booting from it, despite setting it so

Maybe he thinks the BIOS /is/ the error message.

>Boot pc
>Mash F11
>Restore PC
>???
>Profit!
I mean, its not fucking hard if my nephew can do it

No I don't, I just don't see the option as I do in my UEFA/bios

>UEFA

How did you write to the drive? Did you just copy an ISO to the drive like a faggot? Did you use something like Rufus to properly 'burn' the ISO to the flash drive?

I used Rufus as usual -.-'

You can install 7/8/8.1/10 from a seperate partition, just copy the ISO contents to it and make it Active in disk management and boot

>Recommending third party shit when official tools exist
Keep it simple for retarded people please

Oh this might be it, cheers

What happens when you try to boot from it? Does it just skip and attempts booting to the HDD? Does it load the installer?
What settings did you use in Rufus to burn too?

I can't even find the option to load the USB drive, and I Rufus I made a bootable disk using and ISO image

That wont give you an option to 'restore to windows' in some cases. Also F11 is normally a boot selection menu. "Restore PC" isn't one thats normally in there.

F11 does nothing, I've been usinf F2 since I can't find DEL on this thing. Will try F8 now though

Did you set it to UEFI, or BIOS? Or both?
Does your board support UEFI, do you have 'legacy' disabled?

>infected with Windows 10
>can't even reinstall an exploit ridden version of windows

Imagine being this dumb.

Install Gentoo

Attached: 1535218564562.png (544x638, 619K)

I don't think they know what a loonix kernel is. They might think its a type popcorn and try to eat it.

I know, I feel horrible. But yeah, good help. O wait.

It's my friend's laptop and I've never seen a BIOS this empty. Just check my OP pic, that's the boot option.

Ok F8 does nothing as well, I've got F2 and nothing more.
The thing didn't come with W10, it installed itself because my friend knows fuck all about PC's. And I don't know where to find the specs etc because my experience with W10 is 10 minutes of disgust.

I know very little of Linux, sadly

You can't eat that??

These are my Rufus options, as I've done many times

Attached: Untitled.png (477x576, 34K)

>Just check my OP pic, that's the boot option.

Im not sitting next to you to hand hold you on how to make a proper bootable thumbdrive. Your picture is uninformative as well.
This isn't some enterprise appliance that 'locks' you out from installing shit. Its a fucking laptop.

My bets is that your ISO is fucked, make sure that te flashdrive is #1 under BBS and Boot order. Just do it, quit it. If you can't do a simple windows install, just stop and use W10. W7 is riddled with exploits and support ends in a year. Just use W10 if all of this is too much for you.

>I've never seen a BIOS this empty.
What is this your 2nd time seeing BIOS?

>I know very little of Linux, sadly
How is it sad? If you honestly where sad of that , you'd take an initiative to learn it. Obviously, you're still way over your head.

You're absolutely right, and it worked. My problem was this boot menu, but it worked now following your advice. Cheers

Forgot pic, also I'm drunk and coked off my fucking balls

Attached: 20180913_053705.jpg (1332x749, 188K)

wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Full/Installation

Attached: 1536372935322.jpg (953x1200, 272K)

Only a alcoholic drug addict would use Winduhz 7.

Nah I've seen several boot menu's.
Also, I would like to learn linux. Low level shit does interest me and I learned to code C# a while back and even made some simple applications for my self employed friends, but to learn C(++) and Linux takes time I don't have.

I won't switch to Gentoo despite the meme

When you're right you're right about me, but W7 is the best OS. Period.

give me some of that coke holy fuck. are you rich?

Pretty sure I deserve some of that since I helped you out with your complexed issue.

>I won't switch to Gentoo despite the meme

Attached: 1536747599779.jpg (266x280, 21K)

I did create a thread on /o/ (my main board) a little while ago asking them to choose my new car here I did post a timestamp with my car (cheap) and the coke and a stack of cash. It's about 4k (no, not all my money) and I drive a cheap 2010 Evo shitbox to save money. I spend a lot on other shit. Also bought a WAY too expensive house

Are you in the Netherlands? I will come to you. Promise.

Any other Dutchfags that want a visit by a drunk, coked up bald headed miced race guy, let me know

Miced is mixed race ofc. But I'm a Dutch nationalist. We come here from third world shitholes for a better life and we get it. I've got 2 cars and an engineering title. In Brazil I would have NOTHING

UMA

Yeah, I don't know what that means

DELICIA

Oh yeah lol, that monkey soup. Fucking ridiculous yeah

>infected with windows 10
>on windows 7
Windows 10 didn't even exist back then... unless you updated

Read the thread, it's my mates laptop and he knows nothing about this shit. I thing this laptop came with fucking VISTA but it still "upgraded". It's running W7 now and it's quick. Often it's not even all the shitware people install but the HDD is fried, that's why the start up takes 15 minutes but the HDD is fine, W7 runs perfectly so problem solved. We work with cars, not PC's/laptops. I do happen to know a bit but the BIOS got me, I even run a custom ROM on my S6 Edge gold, I'm not a complete noob. And I can code in C# etc. But this just got me, I'm drunk and fucking coked. Sober I might have got this but we'll never know. You guys helped me and the problem is solved. MODS delete the thread please, it's done.

Attached: 20180913_015145.jpg (1475x1657, 542K)

I still want some of that coke..

Same

That's a good pile you got there. I saw his thread on /o/. I think I know who this is as well. Goldfag on /wg/

Lol yeah, I'm always posting pics with drugs and stacks of cash. And yeah this is my home screen. Everyone (pretends to) hate(s) it. But it's the most original and coherent on that shit board

You pollute other countries with your shit flinging.
Stay away from our pure white women.

Agreed. I'm a tanned white supremacist. Most people don't see I'm foreign though, and I'm a grammar nazi, so we're better off with me.