4ReddChan

Why not make a Jow Forums client that parses comments in the style of Reddit ?

Attached: JPEG_20180909_074146.jpg (573x322, 40K)

why not kill yourself

sage

So basically replies nested under their parent, with top comments sorted by (you)s?

Yes pretty much

I would use it

>comment style of reddit
literal eye cancer

How so in your opinion ? Why do you think the Reddit comment style is cancer ?

prefers trees expressed as an array rather than nodes and branches

Why would you? Reddit tree comments are fucking awful

the only mainstream site to handle threads worse than reddit is twitter
how normies use these featureless piece-of-shit websites is beyond me, I can't go more than a few minutes without closing the tab in frustration.

Attached: dwyer.jpg (470x559, 63K)

fuck off retard

Because that's fucking stupid and Reddit's interface is shit.

because its a fucking mess. one comment and its replies and replies to a reply can drag on for ever. its garbage.

>dwyer
nevar forget

because Jow Forums users are contrarian faggots who dislike good design and have no idea how to code

Here’s a real answer.

Reddit is bad for communication. You never see the new comments. Comment threads go off topic and are completely unrelated.

Jow Forums in it’s simple style encourages more responses to the actual topic. New posts immediately bump the thread. You get to see new posts instead of them being hidden away on reddit. You don’t have a branch that’s completely unrelated. You get to see comments that are both good and shit, instead of what is declared to be good by the reddit community.

Also, go fuck yourself.

I'd like a version of Jow Forums where new comments appear at the top of the page.

>using code as a verb
Opinion discarded.

>unironically defending reddit
>unironically using the word contrarian

I totally agree with you that the upvote system is quite shit, but an easier and cleaner way to see replies is simply what I want.

brainlet

But what about posts that reply to multiple other posts?

that would be really gay

>Nested comment threads
>Good design
You can't be serious. It's inuitive, a reply is always below and indented. However you don't know where the new comments go, and it's easy to get lost when the nesting gets to around 5 deep.

Jow Forums's solution is backlinks which sorta suck because you you can't see the post inline. Probably the best solution is forum style where there's one op, replies are chronological, and replies to replies use quote blocks to indicate what they're responding to.

Too bad forums aren't cool

>replies to replies use quote blocks to indicate what they're responding to
Yeah you just highlight the text in the post you want to reply to, then click the post number and it gets added to your reply.

Here, have the (you) you wanted.

What I want is more like twitter, not reddit.

Then >>>twitter you social media loser.

Fuck off.
back to >>>/reddit/

Not anonymous, which is why I prefer Jow Forums.

I want reddit with edgy racism and more anime. Where do I go?

>Where do I go
You're already here.

You're already there.

8ch

The real problem with this is trying to parse how to display this comment.

I'm going to reply to this nested comment over here

And then this one over here.

Short of displaying this comment multiple times what do? The graph a thread will produce is a tangled mess, where as reddi threads are a simple tree.

It would be interesting to set up a vote system. And a good way to get more experience actually building something

>Trolls trolling trolls