CloverOS Discussion Thread

There is absolutely no reason why you shouldn't buy a fine X220 and enhance it with truly open source CloverOS GNU/Linux.

Installing CloverOS has never been easier with the ability to chose your own GUI straight from the installer. CloverOS takes up far less space on your drive than any conventional Arch/Gentoo Linux installation. Pulseaudio, System D, or any proprietary CIA backdoor software is strictly banned from being installed on CloverOS to ensure complete privacy.

Discuss your feels on CloverOS superseding normal Gentoo, Arch, and Windows/Mac as the world's most used operating system of 2020.

Attached: Clover.png (1366x768, 1.34M)

If Clover OS is so good, why the fuck does it break when I remove the bin host and upgrade?

it is written systemd, not system D or System D, or even SystemD. And it isn't system d either. Why? Because it's a system daemon, and under Unix/Linux those are in lower case, and get suffixed with a lower case d. And since systemd manages the system, it's called systemd. It's that simple. But then again, if all that appears too simple to you, call it (but never spell it!) System Five Hundred since D is the roman numeral for 500 (this also clarifies the relation to System V, right?). The only situation where we find it OK to use an uppercase letter in the name (but don't like it either) is if you start a sentence with systemd. On high holidays you may also spell it sÿstëmd. But then again, Système D is not an acceptable spelling and something completely different (though kinda fitting).

it's spelled shitstemD, nigger

also nice, cloveros is trying not to be pedo-os any longer.
too late, i've already installed normal gentoo.
Jesus I had told you. You have lost the year you could have used to make your shit not a pathetic meme. sad

Because you don't know how to use Portage.

if you expect ultranormies to learn so set their compiler flags, you're clearly delusional

ok here's the cheat code

./cloveros_settings.sh 5
./cloveros_settings.sh c

This switches to source and then copies the binhost's portage configuration to local.

You literally don't even need to know how to use Gentoo

Why the fuck wasn't that in the gitgud with removing the binhost you dumbfuck? I'm not gonna even bother using your backdoored OS if you can't even get basic fucking information down.

Because niggers tongue my anus

I haven't borked my gentoo install.
I'm just saying that if you expect normies to use terminal scripts with options, you're delusional.
Again, you can eventually persuade a normie to use Ubuntu or Mint, but besides that, you need autism. I hope you realize that, or you're really far off.

normies would just install packages via gui anyway

I just saw a review by a french youtuber. if you select mate desktop half the shit is broken as applications that require root won’t launch as no authentification agent is installed.

>shilling this shit fork again
Hey, you forgot to post your faked "user submitted" battlestation shots.

Attached: 1525393798800.jpg (600x457, 20K)

Attached: 9f5d2921fb4fa89cb4a51c010382c518d01ebd6ed6de5eb07081b10e597f5db1.png (1366x768, 187K)

no, normies wouldn't install packages.
they would look for app at the appstore.

As much as I like Linux and stuff, let's remain on earth: I don't know anyone who's willing to learn to use even easy stuff like Mint's synaptic.
And I've tried for a long time, but people don't give a fuck, and are just used to be spoonfed.

What happened to your pedo anime girl screenfetches? Did FBI finally knock on your door?

>make a terrible product that can't even detect USB drives upon install
>I don't want to spoonfeed normies
holy shit

why do you keep taking vmware screenshots?

Strange that issue never happens on Gentoo compiled using the wiki or Sabayon though. I think you don't know how to compile a distro.

Nobody's going to install your distro, Jow Forums.

Attached: install_gentoo.jpg (997x826, 84K)

It's one autistic EBT faggot with a furniture hoarding problem shilling his hobby project as a full time job. There's absolutely no consensus favoring this garbage gentoo fork on Jow Forums.

why is no one using nixos?

what issue

Attached: 2018-09-13-024627_1366x768_scrot.png (1366x768, 323K)

I'd rather just use gentoo.
Nice wmaker tho

its like you don't even read on your fucking read.me

learn to read, sperglord
i'm saying exactly the opposite of what you suggest

Way ahead of you, buddy.

Attached: fe73a84180ce7aa0f667ab0d0f24eacf2cf5f2838fdadc54c83353b525df9942.png (596x599, 604K)

can cloverOS already do full disk encryption (including /boot)?
I tried to fix that install script once, but failed and then just installed ubuntu again

convince me cloverOS isn't a botnet

Try using it for five minutes and you'll realize whoever threw it together has no fucking clue what they're doing nevermind implementing an undetectable backdoor. I'll give em that at least.

I've actually used it before already but uninstalled it because I realized installing something that gets posted on Jow Forums is a stupid idea

it worked for everything I tried with it, but I've also installed gentoo before so I knew my way around

What the hell is Portage? I want a usable OS, not a piece of junk that needs a tune-up every few days.

install debian/ubuntu then

Wait, does this seriously come with a GUI package manager by default? I thought it was supposed to be minimal

yeah it also comes with retroarch installed by default

It's not meant for normalfaggots. Why do you feel the need to please the normans every step of the way?

because the install script doesn't work on my main computer so I'm not likely going to try it ever again

maybe if the irc responded to a single question I asked, or if my email got a response, but no. I don't think I'll be trying this poor hack at a quick gentoo again.

wow, did any of the "developers" had eyes when they created that abomination? is that a 1980 distro with some theme / color changes? jesus christ I wouldn't even look at the download link, I could get cancer

bump