Chasing quiet pc with HDD

Is it possible to have nearly silent pc with single HDD?
All of my components are really quiet only thing i can hear is HDD spinning. I isolated it from case and put it under shroud but i can still hear it.
I have SSD for windows and programs but i still need HDD for personal things and other stuff.

Attached: neoqq-hdd-installed-large.jpg (1962x1310, 149K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/W_mJ2PolunA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What power supply you have nibba?

Seasonic focus plus 550w

buy a long sata cable then place your hdd somewhere else

No

Get a NAS and put it on another room.

It's simple, just adjust the volume of everything else to be as high

Get a slow one
They are silent

>but i still need HDD for personal things and other stuff.

no you don't, get a second SSD

I put my HDDs into a dedicated server on my network. It's in a different room and can be as loud as it wants to be.

My file server uses passive cooling. The HDDs are the only parts that make noise. If you want silence you'll need SSDs

Silencing foam. But hdds arr never quiet.

Yeah, let me just get 2tb SSD for 700$ for a 1k$ pc...
Wouldn't be simpler to just put pc in another room? That way fans won't have to be silent

Helium HDDs are generally quieter
WD Red 8 TB or larger

>2tb SSD for 700$ for a 1k$ pc
a $20,000 trailer will work just fine with a $1000 beater towbar as it will with a brand new $48,000 top of the line luxury ute

You could buy a old,shitty,used,dirt cheap SSD to run the OS and have the HDDs spin down automatically when there's no activity.

Attached: 2idkppf9wkk11.jpg (640x373, 47K)

2tb ssd's are like 400 bucks, tops. install literally everything on it.

That Western Digital Red 8TB Full Review - Consumer Helium Hard Disk looks promising.

Attached: 1.png (1805x778, 881K)

>Helium
Does this mean the drive won't work in 10-20 years after the helium leaks out?
or have they accounted for that and it will run but at a reduced speed?

>reduced speed
It only runs at 5400, way less than 7200 and 10000 drives. It is welded shut, the helium is just added protection, it is not critical.

If it takes that long for the helium to leak out, how is C02, 02, or N2 going to leak in? It will just be a vacuum.

Attached: 1534401334478.jpg (640x1136, 409K)

>It is welded shut, the helium is just added protection, it is not critical.
>it is not critical.
[Citation Needed]

>It will just be a vacuum.
how is anyone this retarded?

What is people's obsession with quite PC's? Are you so ADHD you cannot focus with slight noises happening

Attached: 1534378471815.png (594x452, 467K)

Some drives are really bad.
youtu.be/W_mJ2PolunA

You will have to refill the helium every quarter which you can buy at your local stores.
Dummy

Clicky HDD noises increase my stress levels. I'm literally killing myself using a computer with a HDD in it.

>I isolated it from case and put it under shroud but i can still hear it
just quit smoking meth and don't let a tiny ticking noise bother you like a normal fucking person

If your HDD is the loudest thing in your pc, it's already quiet

Just drown it out with some other noise or seek mental help

WD Red drives are pretty damn quiet. The helium ones in particular, but those without helium are pretty close to them.

Kek
Didn't know Spatry came to Jow Forums for tech advice

It's loud af get a be quiet straight power 11

Attached: WD-6TB-RED-PRO.jpg (700x932, 118K)

This but ironically

I just want to be in quiet not heavy noise. It helps sleep in the same room too when my computer isn't making nasty noise.

Get a case built to be quiet like the define r4, mount the drive on rubber insulators

Western Digital 40