USB

How the fuck is it a """universal""" serial bus at this point?

Attached: dGuxxMc.jpg (450x180, 41K)

It isn't.
USB is a giant crap now.

it's not even a bus, it's just a fucking cable with no wheels.

It's more about the protocol than the connector.

type c ruined everything

my sides

Attached: 385.jpg (317x267, 21K)

>universal
>serial
>bus

Attached: hith-10-things-voltaire-painting-104418281-E.jpg (686x385, 180K)

Because it's still using a backwards compatible protocol.
Any of those plugs can have a dumb converter attached to it and it would work.

kek

literally same bus and same pins, different physical connection pin arrangement
also the 3rd item in your pic is not usb3, so go fuck yourself you dont even know what your are shitposting about

What is type b even used for?

Printers

I have that in my arduino

Orico do some drive bays with B

Type C still too hard to fit in the port.

Where is type D (square) or type E (circular) so it fits at any angle

audio equipment

the original idea was type A plugs into the PC, type B plus into periphery (printers etc).

>Universal

Attached: giphy.gif (500x375, 496K)

The bus is universal, retard.
You don't remember when we had a different port for the mouse, the keyboard, the printer and the external storage?

Literally because granny would attach her printer to her scanner and wonder why none show up on the computer.

I have only ever seen them on printers and monitors with side USB A ports.

Attached: 8nRqoXW.jpg.png (800x729, 48K)

>USB A: host (mini A and micro A exists in theory but nobody ever used them)
>USB B: device (mini B, then micro B, to fit the device)
>USB is 5V 0.5A, but with the power needs of wireless devices that use USB for charging (and some weird hard drive), some port handle up to 2A
>they realize smartphones are now like full featured computers and can be USB host: USB OTG is now a thing. The device is now both an host and a device based on what's on the other side and the cable.
>okay, now let's get rid of the "host port" and the "device port", technically we don't need them anymore. Let's make the same connector for both: USB C
>and while we're at it, why not use the USB C port to use not only USB data, but also DisplayPort and PCIe lanes! It's no more USB, but Thunderbolt.
>people are using USB more than ever to power things. Let's make a kind of dynamic power protocol where the device ask what power he needs, up to 100W (20V 5A).

>and all of this step while keeping backwards compatibility
That why USB is universal. It works, it's evolving with the need, and it's still compatible.

call me an absolute illiterate but I have never in my life seen a USB type B cable

>call me an absolute illiterate but I have never in my life seen a USB type B cable
You're an absolute illiterate.

They're not that uncommon. I have several in use.
- Printer
- USB DAC
- Computer monitor USB hub

>printers
>smartphone older than 2 years or under $100
>arduino
>every "mp4 player" from the 2000s
>monitors with USB hub in it
>external soundcards that aren't FireWire or Thunderbolt
>portable USB battery
Are you born this morning?

Attached: 16794664725_06de18ec15_o.png (971x728, 209K)

Not sure if it is type b but I have external hdd enclosures that seem like they use this

>a physical connector is a bus
Jow Forums is dead

Attached: fool.jpg (471x635, 85K)

It is because the interface being backwards compatible with different speeds and protocols.

> ITT: Kiddies who never seen or touch an actual serial/parallel interface let alone gameport/MIDI port

Because some are more equal than others.

Attached: images.jpg (275x183, 7K)

The fullsize connectors are still going to be used on larger devices for a while since they’re robust and cheap. Type C is the future for mobile devices.

kek

There is only one USB and that is Type-A.

Attached: index.jpg (299x168, 8K)

Attached: anime_costanza.jpg (596x600, 176K)

Universal across manufacturers.

Printers and scanners. Also some old portable devices like digital cameras or external HDD bays.
It's meant to be the peripheral-side plug, and it's been virtually superseded by micro-b in anything but the bulkiest devices.

Attached: 1525719781991.jpg (480x480, 15K)

That Micro UBS-B port for USB3.x has no reason to exist. I don't think anything uses it, even.
USB-C came out at nearly the same time, and it's not absurdly oversized or cumbersome.

>That Micro UBS-B port for USB3.x has no reason to exist. I don't think anything uses it, even.
Most external hard drives uses this, and it's compatible with your old micro B 2.0 USB cables

My Huion graphics tablet uses type B for the touch input

Attached: 135.png (600x581, 475K)

Type B shouldn't be there, it's not used by host devices.

>best USB revision
>most capable, most durable, reversable
>"""ruined"""

The first one is your answer right there.

God fucking dammit, Carlos.

every sort of device and peripheral is able to use USB to tranfer it's data, every USB shape can be adapted to the other, try that with the old serial ports, retard

Samsung Galaxy S5 or S6 used it afaik

It's a protocol. The protocol is universal and backwards compatible.

I think he means the implementation was ruined not the standard (see: all the phones using type c ports that just connect to a usb 2.0 interface)

OP neither stated or implied that.

why do I hate USB 3.0 Micro so much?

my weird prongs on my USB Micro-B won't stay pronged. how do fix?

This, also I agree that it ruined things because of backwards compatibility (we don't need 5 fucking form factors at the same time), locking Usb-C to usb 3.1 would have been the best way

You forgot Type-D

Attached: A6608F4C-38A8-469D-8ADD-22F08A9DB132.jpg (300x189, 11K)

You're probably just really young.
Everything used to use them like 10 years ago.

I can't wait until everything is USB-C.

Connect and power anything with just one type of cable. Won't need to carry around 4 different cable types just to charge/connect different devices.

Proof that most of Jow Forums hates on shit 100% due to popularity and literally nothing else

that is a stupid idea, bet someone got a promotion over it

Hating on popular things is just an easy way to make yourself feel superior.
It's nice because you don't actually have to do anything better than anyone else.