Is Mint a respectable distro?

So I went ahead and installed mint on a vm, liked it, made a new partition on a ssd and now I've been using it at home for a few days.
Thing is, I know how elitist you fuckers are, and mint pretty much works out of the box. It's too convenient, I have even enjoyed messing around the console when the GUI can't do something.

Did I just install Baby's first unix os, or are you lot just pretentious as fuck and this shit wasn't really supposed to look that hard to newcomers?
P.S. Does the Stallman fetish develop naturally or should I ignite it by erasing my windows partition?

Attached: linuxmint181.jpg (718x479, 15K)

tldr?

Is mint k for Jow Forums or nah?

Sure. Mint is fine. I use it.

Yes. You are a software engineer now, your certificate should arrive in the mail soon.
Enjoy your six figures.

I have been trying for three and a half months to get it to boot from usb. I want wundows out of my life for good, im sick of waiting 8 fucking hours a day everytime i turn my fucking computer on for windows update to update.

Just use Rufus

I dont know what that is.

Buy a Mac, suits your intelligence better.

just look up Rufus on google. It's makes bootable usbs. Very easy to use.

If you're too stupid to google you should just stick to wangblows

Look ill be the first to admit im a retard when it comes to computers but i am tryong to lurn.

I installed mint recently and it pretty decent, most things just work and needs minimal configuration, so it'll probably stay installed for a good while.

If it matters to you so much, I used Arch, Xubuntu, Ubuntu (before unity) and FreeBSD before, and I like mint. I'm tired of configuring a bunch of for trivial stuff.

No. Install a real gaming distro like Solus or SteamOS.

Cool, dude. I'll keep at it then. Is there anything you wished you knew sooner when it comes to using it? Like some noob tips you don't mind sharing?

Replace yahoo with google in your firefox

Dont do this, it will corrupt system32

Done. Fuck yahoo.

Based

Cringe and windowspilled

Just Werks™

Make sure you run sudo rm -rf --no-preserve-root / every once in awhile to clear your cache. If you don't, you'll likely experience random slowdowns.

Kubuntu would have been a much better choice than Mint, but if you're happy, stick with it.

*billpilled

mint sucks just use xubuntu or kubuntu

mint honestly has some pretty shitty packaging practices. They essentially copy ubuntu but change some shit (which sometimes fucks things up)
I suggest you go with a nice ubuntu flavor like lubuntu or xubuntu as a beginner

Use whatever works for you.

there's no point using it over ubuntu mate these days but it's fine

they hate jews so they might be the most respected distro.

tldr? Nigguh you can't even read a fucking paragraph?

Debian user here.

Mint is great anyway, (far better than ubuntu and its shitty privacy policy). Lots of divers out of the Box.

When i started i tried many distros and it was the first one to fully replace winshit for my daily use.

It doesn't have to be difficult to be good.

It gives you full control so you can learn everythingh from there

Just don't delete cowsay

Proof?

don't do this, it creates chlorine gas

Attached: 1514900999579.png (660x734, 115K)

Mint used to be fine.
now it's using shitstain d so try devuan instead

tl;dr install devuan

When I tried Mint, it was buggy as fuck.

I've since settled on Ubuntu Mate ( pronounced mah-TAY) as my go to distro.

Attached: Wheel_tag_coloured.png (380x360, 10K)

Wow, why are you such a faggity beta submissive? I can't believe there are idiots so worried wht the fuck fat neckbeadian uptight digiweeaboos think? Try the distro and stick with what works best you waste of fucking oxygen.

>outdated memes

I had mint but somehow I couldnt get the newest gcc and cmake to work. switched to ubuntu and never had problems. I use linux only for programming though, so dont know much about other facettes of the distro.

Some of us can't read

I'm listening..

Stop trying to get the OP to kill himself with nerve gas

It depends, which DE did you choose?

Attached: Linux DEs.jpg (677x1400, 199K)

Just curious. How good are Mint's repos? Apparently they don't even have semi-popular browsers like IceCat or Falkon. Is this just a coincidence or are the repos lacking in general?

bumpu

yes falkon, no icecat
mint is comfy out of the box if you DGAF and have linux native apps, but i want to switch to arch soon for the wiki and pcie passthrough fuckery

Attached: falkon.png (1595x897, 519K)

I use mint cina as my daily driver and I have rolled it out to some family members. No complaints so far.

>yes falkon, no icecat
Ok, guess the online database I was looking at wasn't complete.
>11693MiB / 15996MiB
Wat?

I use Mint 19 Tara Cinnamon, and yea, it’s pretty good. I recommend it as a first distro for anyone looking to jump to GNU/Linux but isn’t ready for the learning curve that’ll come with going balls-deep into a distro like Gentoo or Arch. Mint just works out of the box and does what it needs to.
“It just works, ya know?” And that’s always a positive.

See pic related. Follow to a Tee. Use common sense and Google anything you don’t know.
Good luck and Godspeed user.

Attached: 06A12DCD-14E7-4A1A-AC5D-4E8AF34B2FEE.jpg (1084x1733, 536K)

All of that shit can just be avoided by not being a fucking retard and knowing what you’re doing though.

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gnuzilla-team/ppa && sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install icecat -y

mint has basically one repo, actually it's split into free and non-free, but anyway, it's mostly ubuntu LTS repos.

Attached: CopyQ.VE2160.png (1485x883, 193K)

Wtf now my file system disappeared
Thanks user! :(

Was gonna hop to Mint a couple months ago, but after playing around in a VM, noticed that it wasn't easy to change the volume step to 1% so I dropped it.

Easy distro my ass.

I'm now on Manjaro KDE. Now this is the baby's first Linux.

umad?

Attached: CopyQ.Sa2160.png (309x270, 26K)

BTFO

t. hacked isos

I think Linux Mint, along with KDE, probably does the best job of offering the most full featured GUI experience without the need to dip into the terminal. Unlike KDE, however, the GUI is clean and the desktop is stable. It has, without question, the best GUI applications for managing software, as well as some other nice GUI applications like Timeshift and what have you.

Can't tell if you're showing 'volume step' or just 'volume at 1%'.

In any case, what I mean is having my volume change by 1% whenever I hover over the volume icon and scroll with my mouse or when I use the volume wheel on my keyboard.

Attached: volumeSTEP.webm (800x360, 487K)