Be Victor Stinner

>Be Victor Stinner
>Be so good a programmer you get to work on the Python programming language itself from the backend
>Decide to remove the terms "Slave" and "Master" because it hurts fee fees
>Literally everyone else working on Python unanimously think this is retarded and makes no sense
>"Yeah well... I heard a bunch of random people didn't like it and they told me privately so I removed it. You can use terms like Childs now."
>wtf.jpg
>Goes on 3 week vacation to avoid the fuss of the internet backlash

Fuck you Victor Stinner. You're the enemy of Jow Forums now. Eat shit. I'll probably make a video about this gay shit.
1stamender.com/article.php?articlenumber=1358

Attached: file.png (300x287, 141K)

nice blog faggot

>childs

He literally wrote that

I think you all are children throwing a fit over this, what a coincidence.

Can't wait to kill child processes.

>Jow Forums cares about python
nope.

>good enough to work on Python itself
That's not what Python is all about, user.

>user
Whoa a namefag. Okay Niseb, sorry about calling you user.

What's crazy is if you look at the push requests and people's comments pretty much everyone was against this Victor stinner guy.

>I speak for Jow Forums
No, you do not.

he just did a find and replace on the source code

Proving once again that my instincts are in a healthy and robust state. Python is a forced meme. The indentation thing is plain stupid. The "community" are a bunch of smug faggots who are unable to supply information that has any practical bent when an abstract demonstration can be shoehorned in. I'd managed to suppress that recently, but it's all boiling out now. I was right all along.

Attached: 1510254707889.png (789x581, 341K)

If you have a mac this doesn't matter because they don't bundle python updates with system updates.

I always said Perl was superior to python.

Kind of this. I felt that I was obliged to get onto python. And it is used a fair bit in some places. Fact is, I prefer perl way more.

assembly > perl every time

The worst part is it's just one guy. It's not a team of people or a bunch of cancer. It's one guy.
Victor Stinner. Look up at the push requests and every other programmer is like: "WTF"

>the indentation thing is plain stupid
This is seriously the shittiest argument against python you could come up with. Even if a language lets you have dogshit inconsistent indentation you shouldn't because your code will unreadable trash

cum !!!

I adhere to indentation religiously. As you're pointing out, for readability and the bit of craftsmanship it introduces in how you deliver loops and braces and so on. But I don't it rammed down my throat like Johnny's first training wheels. It's ridiculous when you're trying to hammer out some detail in initial stages and you get tripped up by something like that.

FORK FORK FORK FORK FORK FORK FORK FORK FORK FORK FORK FORK FORK FORK

Attached: mob.gif (500x350, 997K)

>obliged
are you sure you are using that word correctly? you should have used the word "obliged" in this context only with more context, which you did not provide. fuck you, retarded "programmer". can you even tie your own shoes?

It's analogous to the move they've just performed on the master/slave terminology. They've removed the ability for you do something. Just like all the other social justice manoeuvres. You no longer enjoy that small measure of free will. It's the Ludovico technique in the programming domain. Burgess predicted this.

The problem is there are far more people who like to moan about this stuff compared to people who want to develop a fork. And given 3 weeks we'll all have moved onto the next drama anyway.

I only got into programming recently (biochem grad student) to help out with my research. I know a bit of R now which I use for statistical analysis and making graphs and such. I was going to learn Python next for image analysis and writing stuff to work with imageJ. Is Python not the best option for this?

dude, we're talking about python here; of course he's not a programmer

I use Perl everyday

There are literally tons of python threads out there people use all the time.

Exactly, Python is a meme language at best.

Dude whats frustrating is it's one guy. Every other python programmer is telling him to get out of there with this shit. They got more important shit to do but it's this one guy who gets extra onions in his latte every morning posting this garbage. Fuck this guy. Fuck Victor Stinner.

>children
Didn't you meant "childs"?

>10/10

Attached: file.png (542x485, 268K)

As a black man with no parents I find this just as offensive

if you want someone to bitch about, then bitch about Guido. he's the one who decided to make this change despite literally everyone else disagreeing. SJWs try to push this kind of shit all the fucking time. what usually happens is that person gets laughed out of the room, which was exactly what was happening in that PR. then Guido shows up, locks off the discussion, and decides to make the change anyway despite hundreds of thumbs-down.

As a person of non-color I find the slave thing offensive

To be fair, it is a shitty naming. I'm not even a leftist anymore, but I'm not nazi scam either.

I consider it to have a perfect naming convention. It immediately conveys a meaning that makes sense. A function that is subservient to a master giving orders. Makes a lot of sense.

I make a good point user

Attached: 1454240012418.jpg (256x320, 38K)

It's a retarded change but the sheer mass of rage from Jow Forums and even non-programmer Jow Forums-types is even more fucking retarded. You witness people doing dumb shit every single fucking day (well maybe not you basement dwelling autists but you get the point), why is this so particularly enraging to you?

Didn’t Guido retire? Who the fuck takes this meme language seriously when the former king can swoop in and declare whatever bullshit he wants?

Because it's one fucking guy having drank too much onions for his head and is now spewing propoganda putting in actual politics in a fucking programming language. At no point did I consider that someone would consider master/slave as offensive when it has very clear uses in computing technology through multiple fields.

How does this change effect you any more than any other breaking change in a language? Who even uses the latest python versions to begin with?

It promotes an overall deadly opinion favoring censorship. It must be discouraged at all costs as the result of this type of thinking is infinitely harmful.

It probably is. People here seem to be way too retarded to distinguish between this being a retarded decision and the actual language being good or not.

Someone tell him that their child died young, and that those constant references are triggering you

Retard here. So what's stopping them from reversing the change ?

I'm surprised the bdsm community hasn't lashed out at this. This is kink shaming, literally nothing wrong with master slave relationships.

I would hope they can but from what I've seen this person sent the push request and finalized it and denied any debate on it.

I would like him dead.

this
Fork python
Call it snek
Fetch only sane updates from python
Bring back Masters and slaves

Easy. I like python because it has so many books and use case, but if some other language would do same, I'd like it more.

Fork
Find and replace
Publish
Profit!

This can be scripted...

>Fetch only sane updates

Hahahah

we all would. I am sick of virtue signaling morons. He still isn't going to get laid.

Python btfo once again

Imagine getting this butthurt over terms, while simultaneously mocking people for getting butthurt over terms.
No, really. Think about it. Imagine having THAT little self-awareness.

Attached: drink laugh.gif (218x218, 1.5M)

Imagine being fine with imbeciles pushing their propaganda.

Im more butthurt over backwards compatibility...

Seriously this! It was bullshit that he swooped back in after "retiring" to force this bullshit down everyone's throat after the overwhelming opinion was to leave the terms alone.

Frankly I don't give a shit either way. If your language uses master/slave terms, I don't care. We all know it's metaphorical, not racial.
But if you want to change it because some people find it offensive, fine. I still don't give a shit. It's not that big of a deal.
This whole thing doesn't matter.

Welcome to the new batch of retards on the Internet. Much like the old except instead of being on Tumblr, this time they're on Jow Forums

Attached: c0eea1ee011181469db769c93d117592.png (804x807, 661K)

Yeah, but do you use Perl 6?

Reminder that even though you are a beta programmer that sits at his computer all day, you should still workout and eat well to avoid lowering your testosterone to unsafe levels.

Attached: pycon-stinner.jpg (800x1200, 211K)

Nice dubs... Victor.

This. I work out ESPECIALLY because my work is sedentary and I because never had any interest in sports. It's very easy and very dangerous to forget that you have a body to look after.

I just hit auto-format on my glorious C style code and it ends up looking beautiful. You literally can't have a general auto-formatter for python since the formatting is syntax, not style.

Your mom is metaphorical.
>parent one
>doesn't matter!

We can do this.

I want to program in snek.

Why is this SJW stuff everywhere now?

I remember back in 2005 or so there was none of this crap. If you'd said this stuff then you'd have been laughed at.

What changed?

When you're as good of a programmer as Stinner, you can rename things to make things more PC. It's a gradient, and dropping words like "slave" is fine. Just get back to the code and stop freaking out over superficial nonsense. When they start saying "all programmers have to refer to themselves as xe/xem" or something, then you can freak out, little nerd. ;)

Yes, he does. Faggot.

Python is an awful language (as are all dynamically typed languages) that has crystalized in the industry. In another decade, it will just be an ossified artifact that legacy maintainers have to grapple with.

captcha fails.

Is this a copypasta from the GitHub comments?

As i said:
We should script this. is there a free VPS or something we can use?

>uh, if you don't let us censor your and force political correctness on everyone I guess ur the just like us lmao
poor bait

>child

Attached: child_slave.jpg (480x600, 42K)

Attached: Snek.png (408x443, 149K)

No, 5 is maximum comfy and you can find jobs

I'll offer a VPS host for this cause if one is needed and if this actually goes anywhere

If you don't use a package manager to update that shit, you're a fucking idiot

These are WAY to high expectations...

An user can dream

>Call it snek
I actually like this a lot.

Attached: 1411087868953.jpg (1280x853, 127K)

it's because we let our guard down and they never let up. this attitude has existed for a long time. around bill clinton's administration they invaded the white house to change "policeman" to "police officers" and stuff like that. they always start with language.

this is 100% accurate and why Ruby is relatively clean of this. the creator of ruby is japanese so he has 0 sympathy for any of this SJW behavior.

Ive got some stuff to do atm but i will look into a small script that does these things!
*Download the Cpython code from GH
*Find and replace the child/parent stuff and replace them with the original
*Upload this to another Git repo
*Run the script every time an update is made

Some extra stuff would be
*Compile it
*Create a repo or similar

>children

Who are you calling a slave, faggot?

PeakSoy.py

couldn't you make a revert of the pull request as a new commit and then merge that commit to all new commits?

DO IT

Stinner more like (((Steiner)))

Unironically great logo.

This is a good idea, except for the fact that future commits that make use of the modified API would fuck you up.
It's not that simple.
You may as well fork Python and make something completely different. Go break backwards compatiblity, fix the GIL, drop support for anything other than Gentoo, etc.
Nobody other than the most obsessed political neets would use "Python but with master/slave terminology", and then you would be left making a [weak] political statement but with the burden of supporting another AyoJS.

Attached: 1535810184094.gif (400x480, 124K)

This is true, but what if we just wrap the wrapped the "modified" API that simply calls the equivalent in the original.

I'm not sure if functionality changed, but if just function names changed, then wrapping it shouldn't be to hard..

My idea was just to make a statement version.
I do not expect any usage of it so replacing the words in the source code would suffice.
And isnt this only about the Cpython version? not Python as a whole?

Link? I want to read the shitshow!

its getting easier to see these small changes every day, social precedent being set all the time this happens

Attached: 1532106172771.jpg (400x599, 24K)

based
fuck python

thanks to murican SJW "education" tech is being poisoned with shitters like this