AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA FUCK YOU...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA FUCK YOU CARRRRRRLLLLLLLLLLLL
techradar.com/news/the-oneplus-6t-wont-have-a-headphone-jack-but-battery-life-will-be-improved

Attached: 34.png (578x71, 10K)

Apple ruins everything.

Thanks, apple

Attached: 799E28EA-8D7E-4871-B65B-11FA5681CB9A.jpg (236x214, 14K)

We /pocophone/ now bois

I don't care. Is it finally IP68 rated?
If so, time for an upgrade. My 5T served me well.

Attached: 1536139489132.jpg (236x305, 14K)

So...

Google devices are no longer acceptable
Oneplus devices are no longer acceptable

What should be the new standard device for running custom ROMs?

Pocomeme.

Haven't heard of this phone. How's the ROM hacking scene on it? Does it have TWRP and Lineage support?

Only just came out, has unofficial TWRP but 100% will have official TWRP and Lineage because all the Pajeets will buy it

I want to like the Poco, but I can't. It has a notch, despite having fuckhuge bezels on the top that seems it would easily be able to pack the camera and speaker on without having the notch at all, it seems like an overly unnecessary fashion statement, and a terrible one at that. The fingerprint sensor on the back right underneath the camera is also a terrible position for it.
And then you got the fact that it's made out of that stupid plastic that feels cheap to hold and wears out quickly. If it gets dropped and bumps somewhere hard, it'll still get dented and be even more noticeable than aluminium. It'll even get scratched far easier than aluminium anyway.
It has basically no dust or water protection at all.
I know they have to cut corners somewhere for such crazy hardware at a great value, but all these dumb decisions, Jesus. I really wanted to like it, but I can't.

Sounds good. Specs seem reasonable for the price too. If they're still doing decently in a year or two when I'm ready to replace my OPO, I'll probably switch to this.

>my 3T has a broken usb port; it can only charge right now
>planning for 6T
>this fucking happens
Jesus fuck. Might as hell wait a year or two for POCO to catch up.

The OnePajeet

They were cost cutting the fuck out of it. Xiaomi has a lot of those display ready for installation, the plastic is used because it's cheap and the shape of the camera/fingerprint scanner is there so it can be easily cut and processed at minimal cost.
Honestly, I see POCO as the scrap materials in a Xiaomi factory that one person saw and realized he can assemble a phone from it.

>buying chinkshit ever

Why not just get the 6?

>We removed it because it makes more room!
>Literally frees up a couple mms of space
Fuck apple, guess I won't be going with OnePlus now either, narrowing down my android list even further.
>Tfw forced to stick to samsung's curved meme

I don't have the money right now. Let's see if the 6 is still there after the release of 6T.

Does it mean, out of the "premium" Android brands that didn't fall for the retarded Apple meme there are only Samsung and Sony left?

Nokia 9 will probably have it too

I heard Sony also ditched the jack.

Yep they did
Forgot about that

DROPPED
FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: EXTREMELY_ANGRY_LAMPREY.jpg (220x136, 28K)

I can't believe Samsung is the only one who has a premium phone with a headphone jack.
It's like a big fat joke but it's real.

>poopoophone

I fucking dropped onecocks after the oneplus 6. It's only gonna get worse from here on out. The 5T model is officially the only one worth getting now until the price of the 8GB/512GB Note 9 goes down near ~$700

Attached: Screenshot_2018-09-13-09-43-32.png (720x1280, 251K)

What's wrong with 6?

notch, the very thing we loathe on phones

>we
Filtered

can be turned off.

Watch this

Attached: oneplus-6-notch.gif (1100x825, 1.1M)

Doesn't give me my notif icon space back

He's not wrong just because your meaningless opinion says otherwise.

It's still there unless you can magically turn the camera into a part of the screen again. It's a permanent manufacturing defect you paid money to get which is fucking retarded. m

And you can still tell the notch is there by the camera lens and speaker grill. What a fucking disgrace oneplus resorted to just copying apple now.

No one ever discussed bezels here or cared about them until "tech reviewers" started complaining. The notch can be hidden and OnePlus 6 came with it as well. At least it's not a glass back they chose to go with.

Enjoy not buying a phone then.

No it can't, how the fuck are you gonna hide a fucking camera lens and speaker grill you mong?

Never buying anything from them again

It's a shame since they have been great ever since the 1+3

Let's hope the next couple Pocophones keep the jack, otherwise it's back to Samsung or LG for me

Nokia 8 Sirocco doesn't have a headphone jack

Maybe they'll add it back next phone :^)

what the fuck went wrong man? Oneplus used to have quality phones for cheap, now they're in the 800+ yuro leagues with the rest
my 4 year old oneplus X is still going strong and it cost me 220 euros, why would I ever pay 800 for one

They went from mid range specs for budget phone price to top range specs with mid range price. Unfortunately, what constitutes mid range has risen over the years.

Keep buying shit every year retard

LG

The Galaxy Note 9 doesn't have this problem

Unironically this. Samsung has been the most pro consumer brand that still has any relevance.

Attached: Screenshot_20180913-210034_Firefox Klar.jpg (1217x638, 392K)

I don't get the big deal about the headphone jack. Oh no my headphone cables are 13cm longer

Oh no, widely supported standard has been replaced with the cluster fuck that is usb C where nobody can agree which parts of the stardard to implimented.

Join the Samsung side. The last bastion of headphone jacks and no notches

Lel how many phones do you have where that would be an issue?

So you accept that an issue exists? Why don't you list some benifits of ditching 3.5" for me?

And to answer your question, occasionally because I friends and family.

It's really not a big deal. I thought it was then I bought a phone without one. Shit makes no difference in practice.

>occasionally because I friends and family.
And this doesn't even make sense

You didn't answer the question. So I'll take it to mean there are zero benefits.

And zero costs. I don't know why they did it, I didn't design it

P O C O P H O N E
O
C
O

P
H
O
N
E

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1920x1079, 178K)

The cost is compatibility.

Fuck there goes my compatibility

Attached: IMG_20180913_164024.jpg (3024x4032, 2.63M)

Yeah sorry, missed a word there. I've had occasions where I lent my dongle'd headphone jack to others to have it just not work on their phones. Couldn't figure out why.

Also there was that time where I went hiking and couldn't listen to music while on low battery because the only port was taken by my battery bank.

Sure, they were minor inconveniences but given how similar modern smartphones have become there was no reason for me not to choose Samsung when I upgraded early this year.

I don't agree but let's assume this to be true, that there were no costs or benifits to this decision. Then the question would be why the fuck they make the change in the first place?

If you say that you don't know then look at it from a consumer point of view, what are the benifits of having and not having a headphone jack. I've listed a flaw, however small it may be. Why don't you come up with any benifits at all?

is that a notchophone?

my professor was teaching my class about brand image and how most companies are losing it from following apple. main reason why blackberry turned into a literal who was they ditched their business & security brand image to follow apple. based prof

Android in general is becoming a huge shitfest

Even google is looking to abandon it

While i acknowledge there's a serious market for the 3.5mm jack still, I will never use it now that i have the bragi dash pro tailored.

C H I N