Shill me on a stack

Making a crappy web/mobile app and want a meme stack to fuck around with

Criteria:
DB: something lightweight and fast possibly file based
Backend: some autistic FP language (JVM based BTFO)
Front end: anything stupid

Thoughts so far are:
DB: Mongo, Sqlite, Mnesia,
BE: F#, Elixir/erlang
FE: Vue and Weex for Mobile

Bonus points for anything that works well with an RPC api because REST is big dumb dumb

Attached: meirl.png (267x188, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

adamtornhill.com/articles/lispweb.htm
vibed.org/
backbonejs.org/
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/system.io.path.combine?view=netcore-2.0,
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hadoop

I think... Monads. And an ACID NoSQL database. Using the agile methodology of course.
Does that answer your question OP?

Stop using NoSQL databases.

Attached: varg-vikernes.jpg (700x426, 71K)

Use BCHS (pronounced beaches)

>BSD
>C
>Httpd
>Sqlite

>learnbchs.org

>doesn't want JVM
>considers running .NET instead

>Sqlite
Into the trash it goes.

>Reading comprehension
OP said sqlite was on the list he's considering

I was reading this the other day and it looks pretty comfy:
adamtornhill.com/articles/lispweb.htm

>web/mobile
Use golang to make websockets, Sqlite/Mongo will play nice with it.

Postgres
Rocket.rs
Vue.js

fast as fuck

Stacks are an abstract data structure that operates in a last in first out fashion

Julia as your backend language
Redis as your session-store
Sqlite as your database
Jquery as your frontend language

Good luck, you'll need it

DB: postgreSQL
backend: PHP
frontend: Elm (fp lang that compiles to js)

is Julia even ready for backend use? not OP btw I have only really used Julia for processing spreadsheets

>some autistic FP language (JVM based BTFO)
Why not both? Clojure

DB: .csv files
BE: GNU bash
FE: POSIX Shell script for maximum compatibility

Use JANE:
JSON for data
ASM for logic
None, why would you need one
Emacs running docker

Don't overcomplicate it
C# ASP.NET backend REST api
MySQL/Postgresql db
React frontend

>unironically recommending windows server
wew lad

What is dotnet core

SQlite is actually pretty nice to work with

>using C for new code
What a stupid concept!

flask, mysql, ngixn (using fast cgi) and foundation css.

Based and redpilled

Used it, it's dog shit

>Don't overcomplicate it
>ASP.NET
lmao

But I like slowcgi

DB: write your own in Rust (or postgres if you're serious)
backend: rocket.rs
frontend: yew (rust wasm frontend framework)

OP asked for autistic fp language. C fits the requirement.

>write your own
>in rust

Attached: 1453077912662.png (450x450, 98K)

clojure(script) is quite nice. having access to all the java and js libraries is a huge bonus. perfect for actually doing stuff and enjoying the language

yikes

> dotnet new mvc -lang F#

Wow, that was complicated!

Had to implement something using Flask in production about a week ago. What I learned:
If you are using MySQL use mod_wsgi.
If you are using NGINX use FastCGI.
Maybe there is a better way but I tried everything else for those two web servers.

It doesn't even ship with POSIX autocomplete, dotnet core is a fucking joke.
But seriously I worked with a dev team using core, day 1 I was having to talk to each windows dev to stop them using windows line endings (\r\n) because we needed it to be cross platform. It would compile on windows but not linux, dotnet (billing itself as cross platform) should work better than that. Not to mention the terrible path support (windows uses '\' and everything else uses '/').

>wwaaahh, why doesn't my fringe OS get better support?!
Nobody cares about your meme platform, faggot.

>Needing autocomplete
Let me guess. You don't like reading documentation either do you?
>Won't compile on Linux
Literally no issues developing on Linux here. I haven't even touched Windows and I won't ever or I'm moving to something else.
>Line endings
Sounds like a you problem

You don't seem to understand. The development team was tasked with making something cross platform, we had to ship to Windows, MacOS and Ubuntu.

Sounds like a you problem. Literally works on my machine. Only a brainlet blames the tool for your own failures.

This, with postgresql.

dotnet build

It failed on some operating systems and worked on others, that's not cross platform at all. If Microsoft is trying to push open source they are failing hard.

Explain. I smell a half truth.

DB: MongoDB
Back-end: D with Vibe.d - vibed.org/
Front-end: Backbone.js - backbonejs.org/

I spent about a month hunting this error down, the problem in our case was that windows doesn't care about capitalisation in file paths but linux does (because it's not retarded).
Somebody committed a piece of code with the path to a partial and used some random capitalisation in the middle of it, so the build for ubuntu would straight up fail. To his credit he used the "OS safe" function docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/system.io.path.combine?view=netcore-2.0, so nobody could blame him for it.
The point is we really shouldn't have to deal with shit like this..

Oh and of course it didn't give us this information in an error message.

Why do you prefer RPC over REST? I'm genuinely curious. Other than the fact that REST is resource based access using standard HTTP verbs whereas RPC is just a bunch of methods that could do anything. More interested in performance/other reasons than just purely what kind of API you can provide.

That is NOT even remotely a dotnet core issue. Anything that is cross platform has to address this issue. Clearly you couldn't be bothered to look up that Windows has a case insensitive filesystem. Try creating two files with the same name but different casing. It isn't possible. If this is a good thing doesn't matter but you should be complaining about Windows if anything. You are a litteral brainlet.

We use it too, it's not dogshit. Don't you have some CS101 homework to do?

web baaaaaad

Look man, if you want to use it go ahead. I'm neither a fan of Microsoft nor Windows, I'm just saying that given the choice I wouldn't use it. I'm glad I'm not working at that company any more.

You guys used it to make a web app?

Because it ISN'T an error. That file party string is evaluated at runtime by the host operating system. Have you taken any classes on how operating systems work? To make your life easier, dot net allows for using "/" on all systems because they can. The case insensitively is not trivial to add since that would require scanning the filesystem and greater permissions than the programmer intended. Not to mention, it would fuck with non Windows systems since files can have the same name but different casing. You really don't know what your talking about.
Fuck off. I'll use what I want I don't need your permission. You were spreading pajeet tier false information as fact. Don't try to flip this around and play the victim.

More power to you and good luck.

It shouldn't make my life easier, it should stop me (and other developers) from doing dumb shit (such as NOT allowing case insensitively). Similar to how TypeScript is a strict syntactical superset of JavaScript.

>NOT allowing case insensitively
Let me know how you plan on doing this one. Traversing a directory to find other versions of a financial is not an option since this adds to the privileges the dotnet needs to access a file.

"Filename" not "financial"

:)

>tfw got 0.45 shekels