/bst/ - Battlestation Thread

Single Monitor Edition

Attached: Linux-Torvalds-Shows-Off-His-Home-Working-Desk-451264-3.jpg (1280x720, 93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

typing.com/student/games
youtube.com/watch?v=1a-QpyF7rNc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

where's the computer?

Attached: BST2018NotFinished.png (1196x1593, 3.52M)

Probably a thin client

Your case is too dim.
Try adding more lights. An aesthetic case should glow with at least 50000 lumens.

funny

Attached: images.jpg (219x230, 6K)

8.5/10
not enough space for your mouse with that giant stand

I ordered this, so when it gets here the stands won't be on the desk, but it honestly makes no difference to the mouse, I have the DPI set high enough so I only have to move my fingers slightly to do whatever I need.

Attached: Capture.png (179x304, 11K)

Get a mop already. How can you live with yourself and all this filth

Not sure where you mean, but if you mean the shit up by the skirting, it's actually grey gloss paint, I need to scrape it off. I'll be cleaning the floor completely with a steamer before I put my rug down anyway

sup

Attached: 1533575756802.jpg (2048x1152, 722K)

That mouse gave me cancer.

if you need more than one monitor, you are over compensating for something.

What desk is that?

Which one is that

that's a sweetass hamburger right there

that much gaming gave me cancer

I have bad eye sight and went with the "gayman" kit only because it's illuminated.

As for the mouse, the only reason I use it is because that second mouse to the right (a gray ASUS UT200) had a cable that was too short.

bretty based!
>has problem, solves it!

If you have bad eyesight you should learn typing without looking at the keyboard!
I learnt by getting a keyboard without letters on it, but i forced my friend by just spraypaint a cheap Deltaco keyboard so you could not see the letters.
You can do it on a normal keyboard as well.

Read about the 10-finger rule and just play 10 minutes per day of games like these!
typing.com/student/games

Got a new keyboard, that's something.

Attached: Terminalshot.png (965x717, 981K)

I do know about the 10-finger rule (used to do this about an hour a day last year) and am experienced in writing without looking at the keyboard. (just did a test recently and got 66wpm) It's just that whenever it's dark in the house, I begin having problems seeing the keys, hence why I opted for a random "gaming" set that came with both mouse and keyboard. I sometimes need to write something precise (which means no writing errors) and this keyboard is helpful (although it was pretty cheap.)

The mouse isn't exactly top notch, but at least it fits my big as heck hand (if normal people have problem using the original Duke Xbox controller, I find it actually comfortable) and doesn't require much movement to move the cursor from a corner of the screen to the opposite corner.

I've been once asked in these threads how do I use the mouse in such a small space - the trick is leaving it on the default DPI setting (my mouse has a DPI setting swtich) and actually raising up the speed of my cursor.

cozy

You do you!
10/10

>tablet bst

I miss my three monitor setup back home. Just 7 more weeks to go and I'll be reunited with the doggos.

Attached: received_327680077779190.jpg (4074x3056, 712K)

often think about getting rid of it all and just sticking to laptops, it all feels so excessive and takes so much space

Attached: 1909.jpg (2560x1920, 286K)

It's a VonHaus one, couldn't find many that supported 32" monitors

Attached: tiresome.png (803x655, 498K)

Can you give me the source of this? Been trying to find that video of him telling the nigger how useless niggers are for a while now

youtube.com/watch?v=1a-QpyF7rNc
here you go mate

Appreciated user

Attached: 1519386317268.jpg (506x505, 48K)

which leopold is that?

How many times are you gonna post this garbage?

Attached: IMG_7820.jpg (4032x3024, 3.53M)

Bump

Attached: new pickup.jpg (4032x3024, 1.13M)

Is that a big mac and a glass of milk?

Good evening fellas

Attached: IMG_20180914_011003_HDR.jpg (4608x3456, 1.61M)

Still counts as one monitor.

Attached: All Natural - SM.jpg (4288x2848, 3.69M)

Direct edition.

Point out all of the wrong that I have done.

Attached: soyboyedition.jpg (2256x1500, 1.1M)

What's that Sony Vaio model?

Attached: autism.jpg (1570x885, 70K)

>Jet Set Radio OST
Absolutely based and comfy setup

Nice

Attached: shed2.jpg (920x1257, 81K)

c or m?

Attached: for bst thread.jpg (2048x1152, 688K)

> laphroig 10yr single malt.

BASED.

>Point out all of the wrong that I have done.
yeah you bought the ODD model of the ncase and now that they're discontinued I can't buy one so I am now angry at you for having what I do not.
>: (

You can always buy the plate separately. I might remove my DVD drive since I haven't used it in a year. Maybe put in a 2TB HD.

The fuck are you watching?

alright I need a way to off myself. I fucked up and looked on r/battlestations

>Old friends pictures folder

Attached: rgyrjhrjjj.jpg (268x268, 21K)

Attached: there it is.png (1280x720, 563K)

pretty sweet

peak cuckshed

what's that?

I need to put that shelf I bought up

Might buy a new desk this month

Attached: image0.jpg (1136x640, 184K)

dat tripcode

Good to see that is using GNOME 3

This is my favorite one.

yeah

heres my speccy I just got a new video card today

Attached: speccy.jpg (458x362, 39K)

Leopold FC660M, with "PD" following the "M" on the package. The new versions have double shot keycaps, which is nice. Have an old black version with the text wearing off on my other setup.

Attached: 61K5hvLtfXL._SX355_.jpg (355x323, 19K)

Jesús Christ OP, you need to work out more. You look like shit with that big ass belly. Also get a good haircut, and maybe you'll lose your virginity before you turn 40.

Galaxy Tab A 10.5

It looks like an oversized pencil sharpener.
Doesn't Linus hate the sound of his computer? I can't imagine that little shit has good air flow and doesn't sound like a fucking turbine at load

I'm looking for a second monitor. Currently have a 144hz 24inch 1080p TN panel. what would you recommend? I'd like something with higher resolution and better colors

also would like to mount them on an arm and get rid of shitty stands

What mouse pad is that?

I remember coming across a website that listed a lot of cool ornaments and nicnacs for your desk on /bst/. For example, nixie tube clocks and a miniature periodic table that had tangible, physical elements. I can't find it for the life of me, anybody know what I'm referring to?

>Single Monitor Edition
I consider this a personal attack. You have made a powerful enemy.

Attached: bst lit unlit 09082018.jpg (2000x2346, 3.4M)

American or Canadian? My Falco > your Falco

American, and I'm sure your Falco is better. I have only been playing him for about 3 months and only started learning competitive play 15 months ago (originally as Sheik).

Attached: soyboy1.jpg (600x600, 65K)

whats in the pot

lmao kid I squat over 400 lbs

Delicious gumbo

whats in the gumbo

over? so is this breaking out the 2.5s and counting clips or 4 cookies and some?

rice and sausage and stuff

415 desu

hmm

nice, I'm a failure, just fell short of the 4 cookies and then fuked my hammy with something not related

A lot has changed and I've moved recently so I would take a new picture, but my Sony PVM hasn't come in the mail yet so you get an old pic instead.

...should I be worried if the estimated shipment arrival is between August 30 and September 14, and it's not here yet?

Attached: bst 18-4-25.jpg (3200x2350, 1.62M)

Stick with one character, practice tech everyday. You'll be pro in no time. Helps if you learn to analyze your play too. Can't teach that though.

You gotta clean that shit up and fix your cables, user

we are all rooting for you

kek looks like some sort of medical equipment, like when you need to do an ultrasound

The right side feels too crowded while the left feels too barren. Perhaps it'd look better if the case was under the desk along with a plant or something?

Not really digging the RGB, and the tablecloth is a bit of an eyesore. Reason for not getting a CRT for your Win98 machine?

Tell me a bit about your terminal. What do you use it for?

I like the look, even if the lack of GUI feels unwieldy.

That's not a battlestation, that's you warming your crotch.

You could always just dock your laptop and output to the monitors. :^)

More seriously, it's hard to downgrade on screen space once you've gotten used to a certain quantity.

What do you do or play that requires that joystick?

Aren't you using your laptop as a second though? That said, I like the look a lot. Is the surface behind the station a wall or a window?

>undocked Mac
>printer left on floor to suck dust straight out of the carpet
>not even a cheapo $10 stand to keep Switch at rest in an easy-to-display position
>PC case makes the whole table feel lopsided

Honestly, it's a few tweaks away from a really great station. Move the PC either behind the monitor or under your desk and put your printer on a stand. Then get something to make the Mac and Switch feel more like they have a solid place in your station or get them out of there.

Feels dark and lonely. The vodka bottle on the left doesn't really help.

Get some actual furniture.

What do you use the mic for? Not sure if I really like the gimpy mechanical keyboard, but everything else looks nice.

Feels really empty. If you're not going to get more gear, consider a plant or a light fixture.

>that disgusting pincushioning on the leftmost VGA monitor

Get that cleaned up or get a new monitor.

Are these all in the same room? I like the computer setup, but not sure if I'm a fan of your console layouts

Naw

Attached: 20180718_090429.jpg (4032x3024, 3.11M)

High tech, low life.

Attached: 20180914_090603.jpg (1920x1079, 1.25M)

>The right side feels too crowded while the left feels too barren

Left side is waiting for an XP-Pad

Maximum comfy.

Attached: IMG_20180910_193317.jpg (3036x4048, 3.07M)

>both C and M are pretty much sold out everywhere

Attached: ajGAG6Pk_700wa_0.gif (498x594, 67K)

> #
>That's not a battlestation, that's you warming your crotch.
Real bst is 3000km away :(

Attached: 20180807_161441.jpg (4160x3120, 3.9M)

>Getting two drawers and putting a fitting plank of the length you want on it
That's pretty clever user.

Thanks, it's solid Walnut, I treated it with Danish oil, did two coats so it should be pretty solid. Still debating whether or not to install a support beam in the middle. Walnut is pretty solid, and it's quite a thick piece.

>Single Monitor Edition
>shows battle station with OVER9000 monitors

What can I fix? I know my cables are disorganized, fixing that atm.

Attached: 20180914_080411.jpg (2683x1818, 2.71M)

>that cable strain on the usb
reeeee

gief pape please

Yeah I have no excuses for that

Lads, what's the actual optimal monitor placement? My current one is like pic related but I still bend my neck downwards, not to mention 99% of anons in these threads have their monitors at a straight 90 degree angle, not tilted

What do

Attached: download.jpg (238x212, 7K)

He looks in his forties already.

raise the monitor slightly and re-adjust tilt as needed