What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: mswindows2_2040.0.0.jpg (1400x933, 89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/eoSg3fSB7PA
twitter.com/m8urnett/status/866353982217699328
forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/11/02/microsoft-confirms-unstoppable-windows-10-tracking/#3ba284bf3a23
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The UI is like watching a catastrophe in slow motion. The merits of everything else I couldn't tell you because I could never get past the UI... and never intend to.

I'm sure being a renting serf on your own computer with SaaS is somehow beneficial, I'm just not quite sure how.

Attached: aol vs win 8.jpg (600x347, 44K)

spying
botnet
broken updates
implementation of new useless "features"

this made me puke when i had to work with win 8.
had to install a classic shell

It was half-baked when they released it and using it feels like they spent more time developing stupid spying and advertising features than releasing a solid version of Windows.

It's finally gotten better, you just have to run enterprise and strip out all of the BS. Preferably you'd use Linux but oftentimes there are many reason why you have to run Windows.

I use Windows 10 for work and Ubuntu for literally everything else

microsoft

I installed Mint on my laptop, and a few weeks later I got sent on a business trip for 2 weeks.
I didn't miss Windows, at all. There's always wine to run those few programs that don't have either a native linux version or good equivalent.

Too much nanny control by Microsoft. Shitty phone GUI.

Everything

Windows 10 is usable if you permanently disable updates and get rid of the telemetry/phone apps. Sure, you can't get rid of all of it, but that's to be expected.

It's no windows 8.1. And it's definitely no windows 7.

Enjoy your viruses goy.

>Windows 10 is usable if you permanently disable updates and get rid of the telemetry/phone apps
Which isn't possible to begin with.
>Sure, you can't get rid of all of it, but that's to be expected.
Anyone thinking they've defeated Microsoft in their own game is just delusional.
youtu.be/eoSg3fSB7PA
twitter.com/m8urnett/status/866353982217699328
forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/11/02/microsoft-confirms-unstoppable-windows-10-tracking/#3ba284bf3a23

The UI is garbage, even on 10 LTSB. I would gladly pay $99 for a perpetual license to a proper 7 successor. They could call it Windows 7-11.

I was more reminded of program manager than AOL when I first saw it. But then again 3.1 was the first windows I ever used so it did look like a giant step backwards.

I can mitigate viruses with the proper software and common sense. What I can't mitigate is MS pushing out untested updates that brick your computer.

>What are unpatched 0-days

this.
Plus candy crush demo. And no minesweeper or solitaire. WTF were they thinking? It's like they are daring us to leave.

Things you can avoid if you have even an ounce of thinking capacity?

>b-but what about this scary super virus
Stop downloading crap off of shady russian websites then.

It is if you block the IPs it's phoning home to on your router, dumbass. What the fuck are you doing on Jow Forums?

At this point Windows 10 is a virus in and on itself, downloading and installing unwanted software and changing user settings without user consent.

proprietary software

ads in the start menu

Attached: 1536850394279.png (528x256, 66K)

>"Sir, he knows"
>"Activate the backdoor"

Attached: BillGatesOnPhone.jpg (140x140, 19K)

>Stop downloading crap off of shady russian websites then.
But where else would I get my Central Processors from?

kys pedo

>accidentally obfuscates the back door because the pajeet who programmed it didn't know the difference between C and C+

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1366x768, 72K)

>muh forced updates
just stop being a brainlet and get a edu license from your local uni

No you.

As long as it allows you to permanently deter updates, instead of just delay them. Otherwise why bother?

Would you trust a company that works with intel to release microcode updates to the BIOS and intel processors, but then pushes it on amd users without telling them?

>"It didn't work, some Indian messed it up"
>"Fire that pajeet and use another backdoor"
>"But sir, you've used three zero days this week!"
>"Nonsense, we still have 58386448 zero days and backdoors left."

Attached: Bill.jpg (580x334, 28K)

*blocks your path*

Attached: firewall.jpg (638x479, 32K)

>"Yeah I can get you in"
>"The hardcoded password is ****"
>"No problem Bill. How was that prostitute I recommended?"

Attached: Cisco.jpg (299x168, 6K)

>It is if you block the IPs it's phoning home to on your router, dumbass. What the fuck are you doing on Jow Forums?
I would ask you the same question. I don't think you've even bothered reading a single link. It just doesn't work, no matter what you block. And even on enterprise (the supposedly telemetry free) builds.

>bruh what even is this linux shit?
>haha bruh, this is ass none of my programs work
>so wait are you telling me, no matter how bad we behave, theyll still use it?
>yeah mane, linux is not usable by human beings
>alright lets get some data
>ads
>mandatory updates
>2gb ram idle
>mandatory reboots
>bruh you sure about this bruh?
>yeah mane linux can't even adobe
>linux youtubers use premiere
>hey you know that linux feature where its difficult to install apps if they aren't in a centralized controlled repository? And the freedom pop ups?
>bruuuuhhhhhhh software lock windows is steam 30% cut of sales
>are you fucking retarded? We don't sell the software, we RENT IT from a centralized repository

Attached: 1535916265463.png (414x499, 454K)

I think Windows 10 takes up the new defintion of "Teletubbies OS" instead of Windows XP. The GUI is not much better than Windows 3.1 or Vista.